PT111 G2 Pro Failure to Extract / Eject
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: PT111 G2 Pro Failure to Extract / Eject

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Member #
    60137
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    6
    Liked
    3 times
    What's up yall?

    I have a G2 having issues with the empty casings clearing the slide. So far I've put about 300-400 rounds through it. I've taken it apart several times at home and the range to clean & inspect. I'm definitely not limp wristing and it's happened on multiple brands and both of my mags.

    I'm thinking the slide may be too tight? OR something going on w/ my ejector. I checked my casings and see no indentations that would indicate an issue. What do you think it is? I really love everything about this gun except for it's questionable dependability. I'm hoping to get this resolved. Pics attached.

    K.T.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    USMC1120 likes this.

  2. #2
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    54586
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Pa.
    Posts
    1,462
    Liked
    1475 times
    From the pictures everything looks normal including recoil assembly spring. The problem probably is the extractor .

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Member #
    22132
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Spacecoast, Fl.
    Posts
    17,225
    Liked
    18987 times
    This is somewhat of a common problem so I have to ask it. Are you absolutely certain you are not dragging a thumb against the slide? It really doesn't take much. Can you get a good look at the end of the extractor, are there any chips in it? Other than that I don't see anything obvious in your photos. Hopefully some smarter folks will be along soon to help you out.
    Nimbly likes this.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Senior Member
    Member #
    19548
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    3,455
    Liked
    2884 times
    Yup, from your pictures OP, other than being dirty, it looks pretty normal to me.
    loudviking likes this.
    Are we there yet?
    USMC 83'-87'
    Indiana CCW, Utah CCW
    NRA Member

  6. #5
    Junior Member
    Member #
    60137
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    6
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by darbo View Post
    This is somewhat of a common problem so I have to ask it. Are you absolutely certain you are not dragging a thumb against the slide? It really doesn't take much. Can you get a good look at the end of the extractor, are there any chips in it? Other than that I don't see anything obvious in your photos. Hopefully some smarter folks will be along soon to help you out.
    Well, I'm a lefty so it's possible but I don't think so. I've got relatively small hands and my grip doesn't ride high. I still think the slide is tight and/or the extractor could be the culprit. I'm glad Taurus has a really good warranty program if that's the case (extractor).
    darbo likes this.

  7. #6
    Junior Member
    Member #
    60137
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    6
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by taurustoter View Post
    Yup, from your pictures OP, other than being dirty, it looks pretty normal to me.
    What do you recommend to coean with? Right now I'm using frog lube to oil and clean lightly with a oiled rag. And how often do you clean yours? After every trip to the range?

  8. #7
    Supporting Moderator

    Member #
    32159
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Rapid City S.D.
    Posts
    4,820
    Liked
    7088 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ktjohnson View Post
    What do you recommend to coean with? Right now I'm using frog lube to oil and clean lightly with a oiled rag. And how often do you clean yours? After every trip to the range?
    When is the last time you cleaned the gun and mags, and did you clean it very well when you got it
    or did you take it right out to shoot it?
    Bruntson likes this.
    There are "four boxes" that can be employed to resist the downfall of America, the ballot box, the soap box, the jury box and, lastly, the ammo box.

  9. #8
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    42538
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    4,360
    Liked
    4710 times
    From your photo, you pistol looks dirty. Your first step should be to properly clean it. Excess powder residue can clog up an extractor and bind it so that it won't work properly.

    Hoppes #9 cleaning solution has been the standard cleaning product for over 50 years. It dissolves powder residue so it can be wiped out. Running an oily rag over your gun doesn't do much to clean the innards of a firearm. On real problem areas, like a rifle bolt, I have soaked it in Hoppes for a few hours then took old tooth brush or small brass brush to scrub the part. Other cleaning products members have liked are, Breakfree CLP and spray Brake Cleaner for cars. After your firearm is clean, a lubricant such as gun oil, frog lube, or such is applied. Most of us clean our firearms after every range trip.

    For me, If I use a pistol for only 50 rounds or less, I'll spray it down with CLP and pass a few patches down the barrel and wipe it down. Then the next time out, It will get a first rate cleaning with Hoppes and oil.



    Good luck
    Last edited by Bruntson; 03-26-2017 at 06:44 PM.

  10. #9
    Junior Member
    Member #
    60137
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    6
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruntson View Post
    From your photo, you pistol looks dirty. Your first step should be to properly clean it. Excess powder residue can clog up an extractor and bind it so that it won't work properly.

    Hoppes #9 cleaning solution has been the standard cleaning product for over 50 years. It dissolves powder residue so it can be wiped out. Running an oily rag over your gun doesn't do much to clean the innards of a firearm. On real problem areas, like a rifle bolt, I have soaked it in Hoppes for a few hours then took old tooth brush or small brass brush to scrub the part. Other cleaning products members have liked are, Breakfree CLP and spray Brake Cleaner for cars. After your firearm is clean, a lubricant such as gun oil, frog lube, or such is applied. Most of us clean our firearms after every range trip.

    For me, If I use a pistol for only 50 rounds or less, I'll spray it down with CLP and pass a few patches down the barrel and wipe it down. Then the next time out, It will get a first rate cleaning with Hoppes and oil.



    Good luck
    I appreciate it. I've been shooting my whole life but fairly new to being a handgun owner. I have brake cleaner and I'll pick up some hoppes. Thanks for the info.

  11. #10
    Junior Member
    Member #
    60137
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    6
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by loudviking View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ktjohnson View Post
    What do you recommend to coean with? Right now I'm using frog lube to oil and clean lightly with a oiled rag. And how often do you clean yours? After every trip to the range?
    When is the last time you cleaned the gun and mags, and did you clean it very well when you got it
    or did you take it right out to shoot it?
    I haven't "technically" cleaned it yet. I shot it straight out the box. 1st 50 rounds of blazer brass was flawless. After that I shot 100 rounds of white box winchester. It was a painful experience. I thought maybe I got a bad box of ammo? It failed to extract on 7 out of 9 mags (multiple times) but I was limp wristing really bad and assumed that was most of the problem. Then I shot 150 more rounds of wbw, bb, and federal and it did the same thing but not near as bad (5-10 times). This last outing I shot another 150 rounds. It failed to extract about 5 times. So with that said, I've never cleaned it with anything. ? Now I know. I'll clean after every range visit.

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Failure To Extract PT111 G2
    By JimDawgFan1955 in forum Millennium (Pro) Pistols
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 06-02-2017, 01:47 PM
  2. PT111 G2 failure to extract with full magazine.
    By espacef1fan in forum Millennium (Pro) Pistols
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 03-21-2015, 10:25 PM
  3. Millennium Pro 9mm Failure to load and Failure to eject casing
    By harleygirl036 in forum Millennium (Pro) Pistols
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 07-10-2011, 06:07 PM
  4. Failure to Eject LOADED ROUND 24/7 Pro 4 inch
    By Cameraman in forum 24/7 Series
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-20-2009, 11:41 PM

Search tags for this page

failure to eject taurus pt111 g2

,

failure to extract

,

problema extractor taurus millenium pro

,

pt111 g2 extractor

,

taurus gt111 ejector finish

Click on a term to search for related topics.