Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Taurus PT111 Millennium G2 trigger not functioning

15K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  loudviking 
#1 ·
Bought myself this sweet gun a couple weeks ago for a very affordable for me price. I put about 150 rounds of Monarch 9mm 115 grain FMJ ammo through it and some Winchester 115grain FMJ about 50 rounds of that.

All of the sudden while at the range today the trigger stopped actuating the firing pin. It resets to the full front position. It has a range of motion that allows it to be fully squeezed to the back of the trigger guard like it would when you would fire it normally. But it won't actually fire. I then removed the magazine and manually emptied the magazine and chamber and put the empty magazine in to dry fire it to see what the issue was. It won't do that. Again. Trigger has full range of normal
motion but it feels like there's nothing attached to it.
so to be thorough I chambered a round through the slide and had an empty magazine in. Nothing again when I pulled the trigger. Turned the safety on and it prevents the trigger from being pulled like it normally does. Turned it off and still no action when the trigger is fully pulled.

So so then I tried to remove the slide, like
i do when I clean it. Well you can't do that without actuating the firing pin. So I can't even get it apart to try and see what's going on.

I called Taurus and they had me
ship it to them. I just wanted to make a post and see if anyone else had this issue before? I'm curious to what it is. I'm new to owning hand guns and am trying to educate myself but this topic there seems to be not a lot on. Thanks for your time in advance.

See less See more
#2 ·
Releasing the slide does not depend on the firing pin (the striker mechanism). It sounds more like there is a problem with the trigger linkage in the frame.

Reactions: thehangman59
#14 ·
My G2 is the same way. If I pull the trigger before unlocking the slide, it comes apart easily. If not, it is VERY finicky about how far back you pull the slide before it releases it, almost to the point of impossible unless you get lucky. But pull the trigger first and it slides right off.

#3 ·
Have not had this problem, but I can bet you the firing pin spring is bound up................
Taurus will fix it, don't worry about that, and it is a fine gun, yours just needs a lookin at!;)

#4 ·
I did not know it wasn't linked to removing the slide. All the take down videos say you have to pull the trigger after pulling down the take down pins. I still couldn't get the gun apart no matter what I did. I'm new to hand guns. I've only owned shotguns and rifles before this.

#7 ·
Sometimes I think my brain doesn't function right. I looked to see any other threads like this and even google searched it and didn't find any so I posted one up. Then found one under it by like 7 threads on the front page of this sub forum. I also hope I'm only out a few weeks and they take care of it. Thanks for the well wishes.

#15 ·
My PT111 G2 had the same problem as yours. Sent to Miami to be repaired.
Returned about 6 weeks later. The return paper from the gunsmith said.
"Trigger Bar". That's all it said, so I assume they replaced the trigger bar to fix it.

#16 ·
If I knew how to start a new post I would, but I am APALLED as to the customer service........ I bought a Taurus pt111 Millennium G2 brand new back in June after reading a plethora of good things about this company and being that I only had about 300 dollars to spend on a gun. Long story short, it has been to the range 5 times. I have counted 12 failures to extract the shell casing in 5 trips to the range. I'd say I've fired roughly 350 rounds..... When I called Taurus the customer service representative said, "we don't see that as a problem." ARE YOU KIDDING ME! So Taurus is telling me that it's okay for my gun to reliable less than 96% of the time.... I was really hoping I'd found an affordable and reputable handgun company. We are just shocked that a gun company who touts self-defense would say that 12 failures in 5 trips to the range is an acceptable number. Better yet, 50 buck to send it to them and wait 7 weeks.

Does anyone have any suggestions besides cleaning the gun before I go trade it and never purchase a Taurus again??? Please. This has made me so angry. I really wanted to love this gun.

Please, don't comment on limp wristing, or using bad ammo. I have fired nothing but 115 & 124 gr. FMJ & JHP ammo. Hornady, Remington, Blazer, PMC, Winchester, you name it.

#17 · (Edited)
Sorry, but I am going to ask if you did a thorough cleaning, including behind the extractor..........................
Did you clean the mags?
Might help if you tell us what you have done/not done to the gun..............................
I also bet that if you called and told them when you bought it and the rounds through it, they would pay for shipping.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.