Thread: Customer Service "Chat" on 8 October 2015

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Unhappy Customer Service "Chat" on 8 October 2015

Thursday, October 8, 2015 08:00:55 AM
    Pre-Chat Survey
    Your Name:Me

Welcome to taurususa “Me”, saragon will be right with you. Your chat ID is SMX100815120059-4930.

saragon 0800 AM
    Thank you for contacting Customer Care. My name is Samantha. I will be assisting you today!

Me 0825 AM
    :Your website's "Warranty Status Repair" still does not show any information for the pistol you received two months ago. I was previously informed fom this "Chat" facilty that information would be available. What's going on?

saragon 08:03:00 AM
    I do apologize our system is down due to the enhancements being made to our site. We are aware and are working on promptly getting back up and running.

Me 08:03:17 AM
    It has actually transitioned from no information there to "Invalid Serial or Zipcode Number" although both are valid.

saragon 08:03:25 AM
    We can definitely assist you on checking the status via chat or over the phone.

Me 08:04:26 AM
    Thank you. Pleaase do check for me now. ALSO - I have heard that some other customers returning Millenium Pro pistols for repair have received information that NOTHING would be done on them until January 2016. Can you confirm or deny?

saragon 0857 AM
    I can definitely assist you on checking the status of your service order. The court will direct when details about the settlement will be published, so we can't speak to the proposed settlement. The firearms that are sent in are for inspection.

saragon 0801 AM
    If you would please for security reasons verify the address on the account?

Me 0844 AM
    Then kindly inform me of the results of status of the inspection. Address [given to them here]

saragon 0822 AM
    Thank you we received the firearm 8/7/2015 10:51:30 AM in our repair department. Currently going through the inspection process.

Me 0811 AM
    It has been "currently" going through since I first inquired late August. Please be more specific as to exactly what stage in the process it's at -- details appreciated.

saragon 0858 AM
    We apologize for the inconvenience we do not have any further updates at this time.

Me 0859 AM
    I know you're replying from some kind of "canned script" to my questions. To whom can I speak at Taurus via phone to get actual REAL information, not the responses probably drafted by your legal department.

saragon 0800 AM
    At this time this is the information that is on your service order any one that you speak to will have the same information.

Me 0841 AM
    When will there be an update to this generic and not very helpful status information?

saragon 08:14:07 AM
    We apologize at this time we do not have an estimated time frame for the next update.

Me 0827 AM
    OK - as I'm sure they know, but please make note to the Taurus management team that their handling of this situation is frustrating long-time Taurus previously-satisfied customers and their reputation for warranty service and customer care is in jeopardy.

saragon 08:16:02 AM
    We understand I will notate this on your account

Me 08:16:48 AM
    Thank you for that BUT noting on my account is not sufficient. Please talk to one of your marketing folks ([name given here] for example) and let him know.

saragon 0824 AM
    I can notate your request

Me 0832 AM
    I don't think that is effectively responsive to what I requested. Please TALK to someone (or send them an email, whatever is the internal protocol in Taurus. Nobody is going to read a note on my account.

saragon 08:19:37 AM
    Yes the notes are read on the account there is not an email I can send at this time.

Me 08:20:11 AM
    I'm sorry for you being stuck in a position where you cannot be more helpful. Bye.

Me has ended the chat.

Post-Chat Survey
    Please leave a short response regarding the quality of service provided to you by our Operators.

Helpful attitude but her being stuck with that "canned script" is irritating and frustrating. I'm especially unhappy that she would not (or could not) forward my concerns but could only "notate" them on my account.
    Pollard1911 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Nothing is going to happen until January, at least. Contacting the chat lady will get you nowhere. You took a calculated risk in sending back the firearm as soon as you did. Everything will get resolved....but not until January, at least.

Member #
    Liked
    5866 times
    That's why I would have simply sat back and watched to see some actual resolutions. The waiting game on these things can be absolutely insane sometimes.
    "I am a better American today because of Barack Obama. Hear it loud, hear it clearly. I am a better American today because of Barack Obama. I know what my country has done, both good and bad. I have a deep appreciation of what this country is and what the American people are capable of. This is not a setback. This is a challenge and believe me, the American people are up to the challenge,...." -Glenn Beck

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    3832 times
    I just got off of chat with Taurus, my gun has been shipped. Got a tracking number and everything...arrives tomorrow.

Samantha is a DOLL!!!
    loudviking and MilProGuy like this.

Member #
    Liked
    82 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellows1 View Post
    I just got off of chat with Taurus, my gun has been shipped. Got a tracking number and everything...arrives tomorrow.

Samantha is a DOLL!!!
    Can you furnish more details, such as are you referring to a "recalled" firearm you returned, what model, when did you send in it?

Joe P
    glenwolde likes this.
    Millennium PT111 9MM G2 SS (Born 11/02/15 )
    Millennium Pro 111 9MM SS (R.I.P)
    PT 24/7 G2C .45 Cal. SS
    Kel-Tec P-11HC
    Ruger SR-22
    Hi-Point 4595TS .45 Cal. Carbine
    Mossberg Maverick 88 12ga.
    Mossberg 715T AR
    AMT Backup .380 SS

Member #
    Liked
    22932 times
    Quote Originally Posted by joepwpb View Post
    Can you furnish more details, such as are you referring to a "recalled" firearm you returned, what model, when did you send in it?

Joe P
    Post #56, on page six, I think but I don't get the G2 reference.

https://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/ta...ml#post2188241
    Definition of clip

1: any of various devices that grip, clasp, or hook
    2: a device to hold cartridges for charging the magazines of some rifles; also : a magazine from which ammunition is fed into the chamber of a firearm.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/clip

Member #
    Liked
    3832 times
    Quote Originally Posted by joepwpb View Post

Joe P
    Joe, it was a Milpro PT140. I sent it in July 1 of this year, before I heard of the "recall".
    If the trigger was pulled slightly to the rear, then the safety was engaged, it could still be fired. Also, if the safety was engaged and any pressure was put on the trigger, the safety would not disengage.

I contacted Taurus via their chat every week for an update. I received the Sgt. Shultz treatment too (I know nothing, I see nothing), the first few weeks, but the last 3 weeks, they did acknowledge they had the gun. It was being inspected and I would be getting a replacement pistol.
    Last Wednesday they said it was being processed, it would be cleaned, shot, cleaned again and shipped in 2-3 weeks. FedEx tracking says it shipped yesterday 2 day delivery.
    glenwolde and loudviking like this.

Member #
    Liked
    3832 times
    Quote Originally Posted by glenwolde View Post
    Post #56, on page six, I think but I don't get the G2 reference.

https://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/ta...ml#post2188241
    I also have a G2 111, its not the gun I sent in. I've had no problems with the G2111.
    glenwolde and MilProGuy like this.

Member #
    Liked
    82 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellows1 View Post
    I also have a G2 111, its not the gun I sent in. I've had no problems with the G2111.
    Thanks for the additional details.

Joe P
    Millennium PT111 9MM G2 SS (Born 11/02/15 )
    Millennium Pro 111 9MM SS (R.I.P)
    PT 24/7 G2C .45 Cal. SS
    Kel-Tec P-11HC
    Ruger SR-22
    Hi-Point 4595TS .45 Cal. Carbine
    Mossberg Maverick 88 12ga.
    Mossberg 715T AR
    AMT Backup .380 SS

Member #
    Liked
    260 times
    I have dealt with Samantha before. Ordering parts and answering technical questions.
    She did great job.
    NRA Life Member

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links