Small 709 issues, big customer service issues.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Small 709 issues, big customer service issues.

Member #
    Liked
    476 times

Thumbs down Small 709 issues, big customer service issues.

A little more than a year ago I purchased a PT709. The day I got home I called Taurus and tried to order two extra magazines. Was told they are back ordered but I am in the "queue." Over the course of the last year I bought one from another Taurus Armed member and found another in a local gun store (totally unexpected) however I have remained on the backorder list and have been calling in every 8 weeks or so to check my status. March 2013 to May 2014. No magazines yet.

Since then, our house got broken into and my bedside gun safe (which was storing my two extra mags) got stolen, although I was carrying the Taurus at the time of the break in. Long story short, back to one magazine. I began my search for magazines again in earnest and still can't find any. Taurus told me I'm still on the backorder list and they'll get to me eventually. Really? Eventually?

My husband's EDC was in the safe that was stolen so he used my Taurus for a few days and in playing with it, noticed that the safety doesn't work. We took it to the range the other day to confirm, and yes, we were both able to fire the gun with the safety on. Today I called Taurus to open a ticket and the man on the phone basically told me that I'd need to buy a $50 shipping label from them if I wanted the gun fixed under warranty. I live less than two hours from the factory. No way it will cost me $50 to ship it through UPS or FedEx. My husband is actually going down to Miami for work next week so he's going to attempt to deliver it in person. If not, I guess it will stay broken.

There were two guns stolen in the break in though and the insurance check came today. Call me bitter, but guess which company won't be getting any of our business. I'm so frustrated over the poor customer service. I've been very happy with my firearm, and really I think the safety thing is a minor issue (I probably never noticed it because I never had the safety on!) but the fact that they don't seem to care about their customers in the least has turned me away.

Long story short, if it was about the firearms, I'd buy another in a heartbeat. The company has let me down over and over though.

Beretta PX4 Storm Compact - Doesn't know it's small
    Ruger 22/45 - Small caliber, big fun
    Sig Sauer P238 - Fits under my tiny shorts!
    Sig Sauer P220 Extreme - To replace the Equinox
    Smith & Wesson M&P9 - My favorite toy
    Taurus 709s - Shame about the customer service!

STOLEN 4/16/14!
    Glock 17 - The one that started it all
    SIG Sauer P220 Equinox - My husband's other girlfriend

Member #
    Liked
    476 times
    Amazing.... 14 months since I placed my order but today I got a sympathetic ear (I have called customer support a lot about the magazines) and today after being told that there were none, they were able to locate some after all!
    Texheim likes this.

STOLEN 4/16/14!

Member #
    Liked
    27730 times
    well I doubt that Taurus will allow you to just drop by and leave the gun?
    as for shipping it may be likely FED-X and UPS fault to some point as they require a firearm to sent next day air, so can't blame Taurus completely on this.
    and of course iF you live that close they aren't going to put it on an airplane to deliver it, but it does go through the regular speedy priority process to be there the next day.
    anyway.
    I understand the point, the availability in MY OPINION of magazines is just not good business nor is it warranted, Taurus can job magazine production out to any number of companies that do this for the other manufactures if taurus can't produce adequate numbers.
    I am not a fan boy of any one manufacture so I have a lot less tolerance for these matters and if its bad then its bad, don't matter to me if Its colt, beretta, taurus, or whoever
    hope the problem gets worked out for you.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    18069 times
    Sorry to read of all your problems with the magazines, the 709 safety issue, and the theft of your bedside gun safe. I am glad you have received a call from Taurus on the magazines. I will not make an excuse for their CS and your relationship with them, but there are a lot of Taurus owners who speak great things about their CS. Hope all is resolved to your satisfaction.
    ICUKev likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    7613 times
    I just had something come up and Taurus initially offered me the $50 shipping label. They told me it was second day air, so I'm not sure if they're really sure about the next day air thing. The next day air rule may be a UPS/Fed ex policy. The first time I shipped an item to Taurus, they guy who emailed me the label told me not to specifically point out its a firearm (not bring up or mention specifically whats in the box) and the item went by two day air. My guess... maybe you can (pretend) its not a firearm and ship it by a less expensive method (I didn't just say that....). Play ignorant if the fed ex/UPS rules come up.
    Otherwise, I've heard Fedex is a little more firearm friendly. Good luck.

Member #
    Liked
    41860 times
    Sorry to hear about your issues. It's good to see you back Julz, haven't seen you post in awhile...
    Julz226 likes this.

"Always carry a knife with you. Just in Case there's cheesecake or you need to stab someone in the throat."
    "Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."
    Friends don't let friends buy Keltecs...
    Molon Labe
    I live in a purple house, you got a problem with that?
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes."

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    47047 times
    Sorry to hear of the break in. I could never figure out the magazine issue my self either. Are there that many people looking for extra mags that Taurus can't keep up???

Cost of shipping a gun back has always been an issue. My local FFL will ship it for me for $20.00. Because he has an FFL he can use the post office and get a better rate.
    olfarhors likes this.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

The 2nd amendment is not about hunting or shooting sports, it is about the citizens of this country having the means to protect themselves and the states from the tyranny, oppression, and misery of an over powering government. Modern rifles are a means for the citizens to stand up to an over powering government.

Member #
    Liked
    476 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishinkeylargo View Post
    Sorry to hear of the break in. I could never figure out the magazine issue my self either. Are there that many people looking for extra mags that Taurus can't keep up???

Cost of shipping a gun back has always been an issue. My local FFL will ship it for me for $20.00. Because he has an FFL he can use the post office and get a better rate.
    I can't figure it out either. If it is not worthwhile for them to produce them, then at least allow a third party company to manufacture them. I wouldn't mind waiting 8-12 weeks, but 60 weeks was a bit ridiculous. I suspect that there is some sort of hierarchy and they are filling orders for stores before worrying about the individual customers. I ended up carrying my P238 in a recent defensive handgun class because everyone had to have 3 mags.

STOLEN 4/16/14!

Member #
    Liked
    10481 times
    Never ordered from them, so I'm not vouching for the company, but a quick Google search found this:

https://delta3outfitters.com/store/p...09-7RD-BL.html

Sorry about the rest of your story...especially your husband's other girlfriend being stolen (noticed the Glock was not replaced...Vive la Sig!!!)
    Julz226 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    27730 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Julz226 View Post
    I can't figure it out either. If it is not worthwhile for them to produce them, then at least allow a third party company to manufacture them. I wouldn't mind waiting 8-12 weeks, but 60 weeks was a bit ridiculous. I suspect that there is some sort of hierarchy and they are filling orders for stores before worrying about the individual customers. I ended up carrying my P238 in a recent defensive handgun class because everyone had to have 3 mags.
    I don't know as I am not on the Board of any major manufacture!
    All I have say is this!
    IF I can go online and order a Mec-Gar magazine for a stacked capacity 10 MM EAA wItness from any of about 12 different places, then why can't you buy a 738- 709 magazine even from the manufacture.------------
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links