PT 22 mag won't lock
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: PT 22 mag won't lock

Member #
    Liked
    3 times

PT 22 mag won't lock

Just bought a PT22 for the GF and the mag won't lock. IIt bottoms out w/o latching. If I hold it up in there and hit the mag release button, then it will lock. Sure don't wanna send this back before we've even used it. Haven't spoke to them yet, waiting for Taurus to open
    Sekol likes this.

Supporting Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    7448 times
    How many rounds do you have in the mag?

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Makes no difference, 0-8 same thing. Just spoke to them, they want me to send the mag in + they'll send new when they rx it. Must be aware of a prob or they would have wanted the entire pistol. Not really pleased, just got this thing Sat + now I have to wait for them to rx old mag before they'll ship new? They're aware of the problem, are they scared I'll keep the defective mag? Why would I want somethin than don't worK?
    Last edited by Rocks; 12-23-2013 at 12:43 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Sent in the mag + now realize, this gun can't be fired w/o a mag. Remove the mag + the trigger + slide lock. Thought my GF would be able to practice with this while waiting by loading single shot thru barrel. Called Taurus back + said BS, I want a mag NOW! They're sending one out today. Bad enough I have to spend my money to return their junk, but they wanted me to wait until they acknowledged receipt before they shipped a good part :/

Supporting Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    7448 times
    Yeah, that piece of junk, how dare them make something that could get through
    Q.C. with a problem!

Got news for you, just sent the Wife's in after 4000 rounds for a loose
    trigger pin, said gun was fixed and back in under 2 weeks. Crap happens, and
    they will get it fixed.
    If you don't want the gun, will be more than willing to buy it from you, then you
    can spend 2 1/2 times more and get something else that may not work from a different manufacturer.......
    GhostHorse likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2460 times
    Quote Originally Posted by loudviking View Post
    Q.C. with a problem!

they will get it fixed.
    If you don't want the gun, will be more than willing to buy it from you, then you
    can spend 2 1/2 times more and get something else that may not work from a different manufacturer.......
    Gun control is like making it harder for sober people to own cars.
    ~Unknown

You need only reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence.
    ~Charles A. Beard

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by loudviking View Post
    Q.C. with a problem!

they will get it fixed.
    The cheerleaders arrive, knew they'd be along shortly, they're soooooo predictable

Member #
    Liked
    5863 times
    Sounds like some extra material wasn't trimmed from the base plate. Oh well, off to Miami for a replacement I suppose. Too bad you didn't know about the mag disconnector keeping the gun locked up while the mags away.
    "I am a better American today because of Barack Obama. Hear it loud, hear it clearly. I am a better American today because of Barack Obama. I know what my country has done, both good and bad. I have a deep appreciation of what this country is and what the American people are capable of. This is not a setback. This is a challenge and believe me, the American people are up to the challenge,...." -Glenn Beck

Member #
    Liked
    22793 times
    Now Rocks, lots of folks here are protective of Taurus, but maybe if you think about it-there must be a reason for us to be that way! Taurus takes care of us, their customers, and many of us have experienced that first hand, multiple times.

Sure what happened to you is more than a bit irritating, and very inconvenient for you and you GF, and you were feeling hard put upon and some folks mght have gotten defensive so communication here got a bit warm and leading to hot - but lets head off any bad feelings right now. We're here to tell you that Taurus will make it right. Hang in there, let us know how long it takes to get your new mag (the Chistmas holiday will impact that, I'm sure), post a piccture or two of your new PT 22 and let us know how your GF likes it! I love mine, and I know lots of other folks here do, too. We'll be looking forward to more of your posts soon.

Meanwhile, Merry Christmas to you, and best wishes for success on your hunt for the ellusive 22lr!
    cws_dallas likes this.
    Spit happens, so make the most of everyday!
    "Never give up. Never surrender." Galaxy Quest, 1999
    Happiness is always Having Enough 22lr ammo!
    Now residing in God's Country - The Black Hills of South Dakota!

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Sekol View Post
    Now Rocks, lots of folks here are protective of Taurus, but maybe if you think about it-there must be a reason for us to be that way! Taurus takes care of us, their customers, and many of us have experienced that first hand, multiple times.

Sure what happened to you is more than a bit irritating, and very inconvenient for you and you GF, and you were feeling hard put upon and some folks mght have gotten defensive so communication here got a bit warm and leading to hot - but lets head off any bad feelings right now. We're here to tell you that Taurus will make it right. Hang in there, let us know how long it takes to get your new mag (the Chistmas holiday will impact that, I'm sure), post a piccture or two of your new PT 22 and let us know how your GF likes it! I love mine, and I know lots of other folks here do, too. We'll be looking forward to more of your posts soon.

Meanwhile, Merry Christmas to you, and best wishes for success on your hunt for the ellusive 22lr!
    There is a reason for it Sekol, it's called human nature, but that don't make it right. It hurts their puny ego if someone complains about a product they've purchased. Makes no difference that they're right, simply because they've mentioned something their superior minds would have never overlooked. Soooooooooooo, shoot the messenger. Child's play! My point is quality control very lacking for this to slip thru OVER + OVER. This is obviously a common problem or they would have wanted the entire gun. Next, for a known problem, why wouldn't they support the customer + mail out a good part right away? Do they think I might steal a mag that doesn't work? And finally, I posted this so that others with the same situation can make CS send a new mag w/o waiting for them to return the old. These message boards are for us to share our experiences good + bad. But, there's always a few that try + stifle deragitory comments and these people have insecurity issues.

You too have a nice XMAS!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links