Model 605 #57 mag 2 in barrel. Anyone had troubles?? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Model 605 #57 mag 2 in barrel. Anyone had troubles??

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cb236 View Post
    i'm interested to see the responses since my 605 is working just fine. It was manufactured in 2010. Sorry to hear about your trouble.

One question, do you ever lock the cylinder into place by slinging the revolver to the right?
    never
    Try to take it and die

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by CB236 View Post
    I'm interested to see the responses since my 605 is working just fine. It was manufactured in 2010. Sorry to hear about your trouble.

one question, do you ever lock the cylinder into place by slinging the revolver to the right?
    Not one time has that been done!
    Try to take it and die

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    I took the cylinder out tonight and found that the bushing that fits between the yoke and the cylinder was installed with the "small" end to the cylinder. This cured the issue. Thanks for the replies!

Sekol and silverblackman like this.
    Try to take it and die

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1448 times
    If you have issues take it to smart pawn off of 221.......
    ​III

dem·a·gogue
    /ˈdeməˌgäg/
    Noun
    A political leader who seeks support by appealing to popular desires and prejudices rather than by using rational argument.

"Why Johnny Ringo....you look like someone just walked over your grave...."

USN 1987- 1995
    NRA Member

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I did have problems with mine. Similar to yours. I purchased mine new 10/2013. Put 40rds through it and the cylinder stop wouldn't retract. You had to release then squeeze it again. No way man. It went right back to Taurus. Did'nt have it 1 day and it was broken. I didn't freak out or anything. I have a Glock 17 that came new with a faulty mag release too and that need to be shipped back. So while it's not indicative of the Taurus brand it certainly makes you wonder. I mean I have a couple other SAs and they never failed. Then I buy my first wheel gun; a Taurus and it breaks first time out. Sort of makes you wonder; know what I mean? I love the piece but, I need to put a bunch more rounds through it befor I trust it again. Guess as with anything reputations are made and lost for a reason. Hope it comes back working better.

Member #
    Liked
    22778 times
    MrArff-glad you got the problem worked out, but please do have confidence in the Taurus folks in Florida. I've sent handguns back there and it's certainly worth the bit of inconvenience to get your firearm custom tuned. "Spit" happens in all manufacturer's, firearms get released for sale that don't work -but at least Taurus stands behind their product and fixes it...for life!
    Spit happens, so make the most of everyday!
    "Never give up. Never surrender." Galaxy Quest, 1999
    Happiness is always Having Enough 22lr ammo!
    Now residing in God's Country - The Black Hills of South Dakota!

Member #
    Liked
    3416 times
    I've owned 3 , 605's all functioned great...my favorite one was a older version Polished SS ,ported and it sported a 2.5 inch barrel ..Was my primary carry gun for two years...a fellow talked me out of it...wish I still had it...great gun..

looked like this revolver but it had just a slightly longer barrel...

Last edited by Buckeye!; 12-20-2013 at 07:22 PM.
    Sekol likes this.
    Taurus Family
    TCP
    Heritage 22/22 Mag

Member #
    Liked
    1253 times
    I've been very pleased with the 605 I bought a while back. Out of the box, it felt just right in every respect. I think Taurus designed the gun "just" for me. It shoots well, and handles 357's very well, as 38's too. I love the feel of the gun, the looks of it, and the finish (to me) is perfect. I had to add some personal touches to it to make it mine, but that was expected.

If it ever breaks I will buy another one in a heartbeat. I truly think, for a snubby, its the best available, certainly one of the best looking snubby's out there. As you can tell I do love it so. She's a beaut!!!!
    Sekol likes this.
    Today is a Gift, Yours to Enjoy.
    **Life is Good, if you let it be**

Member #
    Liked
    143 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MrArff View Post
    Fall of 2012, I bought a new blued 605 357 mag. After about a month, the cylinder had gotten out of time ( firing pin striking side of primer) so sent it back. Came back "fixed" after 3 weeks. Then 5 months later, same thing. This time I sold it back to the Pawn shop where I had bought it originally. Went to LGS and bought new stainless 605. Now after 1 box of 38's, it is locking the cylinder after a couple of rounds of 38 spec. It will go back. I have 4 other Taurus revolvers that don't have issues( 357 mag tracker, 44 mg tracker, 941 2 mag, 94 22 lr). What is up with the 605 guns??????
    Mine's been fine. Very solid. Many hundreds of rounds through it. I've had it since 2005.

Member #
    Liked
    65 times
    My 605 is my normal carry. I have the 2" .357 Stainless. I put a Pachmayr grip on it. Love the feel and for a close range self defense weapon, it's hard to beat.

However, I did have to send it back to Taurus because the cylinder kept locking up on me. In fact, I had to send back my Taurus Poly-Judge because the cylinder would not lock into place. I have only owned 2 Taurus wheel guns and both had to be returned for repairs. For that reason, I will never again purchase a Taurus revolver.

I have owned several Taurus semi-automatics and never had an issue with any of them.

Edited Note: Well I take it back. I just bought a Taurus Raging Bull 454 and love the thing. Never say never.
    Last edited by Frodo; 02-13-2015 at 08:35 AM.
    Sekol likes this.
    "He is no fool, who gives away what he cannot keep, to gain what he cannot lose" Jim Elliott

Raging Bull .454 5" Stainless
    605 .357 Stainless
    Glock 30 .45
    CZ P-07 9mm
    Sig Mosquito .22
    Umarex MP5 S-A .22
    PT111 G2 9mm
    RIA 1911 Officer's Model .45

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links