Taurus Parts - A Statement from Mr. Mark Kresser, Taurus International CEO
Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree461Likes

Thread: Taurus Parts - A Statement from Mr. Mark Kresser, Taurus International CEO

Member #
    Liked
    33301 times

Taurus Parts - A Statement from Mr. Mark Kresser, Taurus International CEO

Dear Valued Taurus Customers:

It has come to my attention that our current system and policies regarding our sale or not selling of restricted parts has been a hot topic of discussion with forum members. First let me thank everyone for their respectful comments, suggestions, and offerings, and for trying to make our company a better company today than yesterday.

As the recent threads on this subject point out, there are many facets’ to such policies and many have significant cause and effect if altered. Our goals here are always to improve the customers experience and make sure we adapt, and realign with the customer’s needs and desires. This being said we are reviewing many options and ideas on how to create a better customer experience at the same time remaining within specific parameters that allow us to keep our prices where we feel they should be to remain competitive.

After reviewing our current restricted parts list, I indeed do agree we need to modify this list, and reduce the number of items we have listed as restricted. This being said we will also need to modify the way we sell and or ship said parts due to improper installation. Over the years Taurus has introduced into the marketplace hundreds of different models, and although this is good for the marketplace, it creates logistical challenges internally for many years to come.

Many questions need to be answered, and decisions need to be made for us to modify our current policy and really add value to our customers experience. This being said the Voice of the Customer is the one that we must never stop hearing.

We are asking for some assistance with this new policy change, and we would like to invite two members of this forum (non-moderators) to help. Taurus will handle travel arrangements, as well as costs incurred for two members to come meet with us here in Miami. We will be discussing this topic in depth, and will be working towards a policy that works better for everyone. Please help us help you.

In hopes this note finds you all well, and from everyone here we are thankful for your support.
    Carry On.
    Mark

There is nothing in life so bad or so awful that it cannot be made infinitely worse by a lawyer.

Member #
    Liked
    141 times
    I wish I could go, but I am not experienced enough with firearms to be a good representative of this great forum.

EDIT: whoever goes better lobby for Taurus t-shirts and caps because I want one of each please!
    Last edited by c0mical; 08-26-2013 at 04:32 PM.
    CB236, Felix, darbo and 6 others like this.

Member #
    Liked
    568 times
    Very nice letter. At least Taurus is listening. I'd be happy to got as a rep....
    ozzy and Sekol like this.
    "You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, & smarter than you think." Pooh Bear

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    5443 times
    Interesting. I got a call today from customer service in response to the
    letter I sent Mr. Kresser regarding parts for my 24/7. Need to call them
    back in the morning. Curious to see what they'll do for me.

All the Best,
    D. White
    ozzy likes this.
    __________________________________________________ __________
    The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual
    rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand

Member #
    Liked
    33301 times
    I would like to introduce the two members that have volunteered and been selected to participate in the discussions to revise Taurus's current policies. They are both members with a strong firearms background and gentlemen that will tell it like it is. Badge851 and Silverblackman. They will be heading to Miami to tell the gun owners side of the story and represent all of us here at TaurusArmed.net.

Please feel free to voice your opinions in this thread and give our guys some verbal ammo to work with! Also, I would again like the thank Taurus International and Mr. Mark Kresser for taking the time and the initiative to look at this issue from the gun owners perspective. His approach to this is both uncommon and without precedent.

I ask that you keep your comments positive and your suggestions constructive. We have a unique and very real opportunity to improve the after sale and aftermarket experience of our favorite firearms. So, give our guys as much to work with as you can!
    Last edited by BigSkiff; 08-26-2013 at 04:31 PM.
    MissKitty, RichO, darbo and 20 others like this.

There is nothing in life so bad or so awful that it cannot be made infinitely worse by a lawyer.

Member #
    Liked
    15446 times
    What can I say except Taurus has an excellent CEO.

Congrats to the two that get to go on all our behalf.

Although I think there is good reason for the restricted parts, especially the internal parts, and although I dont know which parts are restricted because, knock on wood, ive never had a problem with my Taurus firearms, if there are springs of any kind on this restricted list I would lobby to have those removed. At some point Im sure those will be needed for replacement and Id hate to have to ship it in for a spring. That is my request.
    BigSkiff, darbo, ozzy and 3 others like this.
    I don't always open carry, but when I do I prefer DeSantis.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    8331 times
    1. Taurus needs to offer online shopping for one. This printing out an order form and faxing or mailing it in is for the birds. Taurus needs an e-commerce site worthy of its top-notch products.
    2. Someone mentioned Taurus Logo Hats, Shirts, etc... I can set that up with a Florida based and family run business. One of their current customers is the Florida Lottery folks. Just send me a PM for more info.

Member #
    Liked
    1315 times
    Wow. That is "owning the problem" in a big way. I have seen companies improve dramatically by engaging selected community representatives. I am very glad to see Taurus embrace this model, especially with support directly from the top. I am eager to see what comes from this.

Sent from my Nokia 925 using Tapatalk
    Czechbikr, ozzy and MilProGuy like this.
    "They couldn't hit a elephant at this dist..."
    Last word of General John Sedgwick. May 8, 1864.

Taurus PT-92 AFS
    Taurus TCP-738
    Springfield XD .45 Tactical
    Ruger Redhawk .44 Magnum

oso
    Member #
    Liked
    1510 times
    JMO there shouldn't be any restricted parts period (frames excluded). Parts should be available via online website. If Taurus feels the need to reduce their warranty down to 1 year that would also be fine.

Member #
    Liked
    363 times
    Now THIS is the kind of thing that keeps me bragging on the Taurus I have, and wanting to buy another. Luckily, haven't had to ever need parts, but with this CEO around, and this fine forum, I'm sure it'll get better. Go Taurus and TaurusArmed!

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links