3D Curve Sights & Magazine [Bases] for sale. Feedback Please.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: 3D Curve Sights & Magazine [Bases] for sale. Feedback Please.

Member #
    Liked
    37 times

3D Curve Sights & Magazine [Bases] for sale. Feedback Please.

Ok, so I have put a few threads up showing the rear sight blade I designed for the Taurus Curve, as well as a few that displayed the magazines I have made for it. There has been notable interest with these items, both here and on a few other sites, and I am working on producing some where people can get them. Currently, these items only exist as prototypes, and the purpose of this thread is getting feedback to gauge if people are interested, and to see what features people would like to see incorporated for the curve.

The sight snaps on, without any modification required. It is made out of ABS plastic, which is what Legos are made of; furthermore, you have to be gentle when installing it, but it is durable. The first print has lasted a few hundred rounds with no signs of wear or loosening, so the design appears to be capable of handling usual wear and tear as an attachment to a conceal carry weapon. Let me know what you think, I am working on tightening the tolerances before production to ensure top notch quality control. Currently the tolerances are .05mm. The sight works in tandem with the loaded chamber indicator to give a more complete sight picture.

It is always desirable to have extra magazines. But, there is a rather anemic availability of curve magazines, to state the situation modestly. However, the TCP 738 uses the same magazine frame. So, I have two options where I can supply people with extra magazines. I can make the bases alone, and you can then obtain a TCP 738 magazine yourself and make the conversion. Or, I can go ahead and put the entire magazine together, but it will be less expensive and faster for me to just produce the bases. The bases are made out of 3 Materials: ABS plastic, TPE rubber, and metal. Previously I had made the metal latch out of stainless steel, but this is an excruciating task, and not something I could replicate feasibly. However, I have recently swapped to using more workable metal, and it seems to be holding up to testing without issue, and can be replicated quickly.

If there is enough interest in these designs, I will probably go on to make a ten round magazine for the curve (again by converting TCP 738 magzines) and am currently working on a more powerful light to be inserted in the front of the curve, using a 3d printed frame with some more serious electronic components. Again these are in the prototype stage, and the end production may look different.

Please give me some feedback if you are interested in seeing this sort of thing produced. If and when i make these, here are the likely color options. For the sight: Blue; Green; Black; Grey; and Pink (as of now). For the base: Solid Black; Green with Black Accents; and Pink with Black Accents (as of now).

Again, these items only exist as prototypes, and the purpose of this thread is getting feedback to gauge if people are interested, and to see what features people would like to see incorporated for the Curve.

Name:  2016-06-22 09.58.44.jpg
Views: 813
Size:  239.3 KBName:  Screen Shot 2016-06-22 at 11.40.18 AM.png
Views: 831
Size:  1.17 MBName:  Screen Shot 2016-06-22 at 10.06.11 AM.png
Views: 867
Size:  1.06 MBName:  Screen Shot 2016-06-22 at 10.05.00 AM.png
Views: 820
Size:  1.06 MBName:  Screen Shot 2016-06-22 at 10.05.31 AM.png
Views: 822
Size:  1.05 MB
    Last edited by dyllandog; 06-23-2016 at 03:17 PM.
    loudviking and somanyroads like this.

Member #
    Liked
    85 times
    I definitely want both the sight and the magazine base let me know when they available. Thanks
    Angler406 likes this.
    Max

USCG Ret., Code Enforcement Officer

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    47766 times
    I like the idea.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

The 2nd amendment is not about hunting or shooting sports, it is about the citizens of this country having the means to protect themselves and the states from the tyranny, oppression, and misery of an over powering government. Modern rifles are a means for the citizens to stand up to an over powering government.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Supporting Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    7815 times
    I am in the game, keep us posted......................
    somanyroads likes this.
    There are "four boxes" that can be employed to resist the downfall of America, the ballot box, the soap box, the jury box and, lastly, the ammo box.

Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    Name:  20160628_172931-1.jpg
Views: 1032
Size:  2.28 MB

Ok, so after a while back at the drawing board I have redesigned these parts so they can reproduced while ensuring they are durable and very precise. I'm not sure about all of the rules on this site about how to post stuff for sale, but send me a private message if you are interested. These are solid ABS, and even if you are not interested in some for yourself, let me know what you think about the design.

Name:  20160628_172931-1.jpg
Views: 1032
Size:  2.28 MB

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    I am interested in the bases, exactly as shown in the color green.

Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    I am interested too in the bases. Please let us know when they are available.

Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    It has taken me a while to really refine some of the specs on how these mag bases operate, but in addition to the standard mag base, I have developed these. I am still working on a reusable latch that keeps the bases from sliding. Currently, a plate must either be glued or bolted in to keep them from sliding forward when not inside the pistol (the pictured mag requires the glued-in latch).

Anyways, these have a (modified) Jerusalem Cross pattern on the latch. This is a plus one extension for the curve. They are flat one side, and profiled to match the Curve's curve on the other side.

Name:  20160809_091729.jpg
Views: 782
Size:  4.58 MB
    Name:  20160809_091747.jpg
Views: 811
Size:  4.52 MB
    Name:  20160809_091936.jpg
Views: 728
Size:  4.66 MB
    Angler406 and somanyroads like this.

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Would definitely be interested in the sights!

Supporting Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    7815 times
    Sorry it took so long to post, got some of the bases and sights to try out................
    I can give a two thumbs up, worked as they should, and very well done!!!!!
    somanyroads likes this.
    There are "four boxes" that can be employed to resist the downfall of America, the ballot box, the soap box, the jury box and, lastly, the ammo box.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links