ND (Negligent Discharge) with a PT1911 at Florida range - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: ND (Negligent Discharge) with a PT1911 at Florida range

Member #
    Liked
    4902 times
    It has happened to my wife, and she did the right thing and lay the gun down pointing down range and then started dancing.
    olfarhors likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    28222 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BMC View Post
    I practice doing rapid fire as well....I'm just saying if you need to turn away from the line at all then take your booger hook off the bang switch!
    what kind of range do you go to where they limit how fast you can fire? I've never been to one with a rule like that...
    The range that i belong to has a double tap rule, they will overlook triple taps if they know you and know that you aren't dangerous doing such.
    basically they don't want people bouncing projectiles off the steel plates in the ceiling,off the machinery, the concrete walls and floors and bouncing around the lanes.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    25804 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasAviator View Post
    Quite a few around here have the same 2 second rule that they have where rod goes. Not all though.
    I do all my ammo testing and rifle to 100 yds at a range run my the Dept. of Conservation. They have a lot of rules but it is a heck of a facility with skeet, sporting clays, bow range, shotgun pattern range, classrooms, 100 yd pistol/rifle range with 20 covered bays AND heated bathrooms, loaner spotting scopes, free targets NAD good brass picking - more. But they keep a 3 second shot rule. Why do I go there? It's $3 an hour per booth and they define an hour loosely. I have a few target acquisition drills that I can do and other place$ I can go for rapid fire. I do 1-2 competitive events a month so I'm not begging for rapid fire. I can set op a chrono, take notes, fiddle with sights - there is an advantage to it. I've checked all my shotgun loads with all chokes at all distances - free paper on a measured slab with a rolling gun bench. Did I mention $3!

Jay Henges Shooting Range Information | Missouri Department of Conservation

Name:  Missouri-Jay-Henges-23-09-2011.jpg
Views: 1689
Size:  199.4 KBName:  4cd813fc2ed25.preview-300.jpg
Views: 351
Size:  17.9 KB
    If we choose, we can live in a world of comforting illusion.
    .................................................. ...........................................
    Noam Chomsky

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    the hot brass boogie. been the cause of many a ND/AD
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

If the hammer don't hurt em'...Give em the horns! ..... yours truly

Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    A few weeks ago, while at the range shooting my PT1911, I had a brass bounce off of the partition and land on the right side of my neck (I was wearing a hoodie that helped wedge it right against my neck). I had to stop myself from not doing the hot brass boogie. Instead I continued to aim down range and used my off hand to brush it off before I started screaming obscenities. After that I rapid fired my last few rounds in the mag to let off some steam. Then for the next week after I had everyone at work asking about the "hickie" on my neck.
    rodfair likes this.
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you f**k with me, I'll kill you all."
    —Gen. James Mattis

Member #
    Liked
    33306 times
    I've had that happen many times. There was one time when the brass bounced off the side board at an indoor range and managed to lodge it's self between the lens of my glasses and my eye lid. Had a nice little .45 acp burn on my right eyelid for a couple of weeks. Didn't loose control of the gun though. I just laid it on the bench and then took off my glasses. The shell case was stuck to my eyelid. I had a bottle of water in my range bag and poured it over my eyelid to get the shell casing off. I've had lot's of casings go down my tee shirt, sweatshirt, and one when I was a kid down the back of my pants. It was summer and I wasn't wearing a shirt. I just figure if you're going to shoot, you're going to catch a hot casing now and then.
    cuban likes this.

There is nothing in life so bad or so awful that it cannot be made infinitely worse by a lawyer.

BMC
    Member #
    Liked
    1252 times
    Quote Originally Posted by olfarhors View Post
    The range that i belong to has a double tap rule, they will overlook triple taps if they know you and know that you aren't dangerous doing such.
    basically they don't want people bouncing projectiles off the steel plates in the ceiling,off the machinery, the concrete walls and floors and bouncing around the lanes.
    Guess I've been real lucky with the ranges I go to then. How "strict" are they on the time between rounds? I'm all for the rule if it gets the jack asses off the range...but I'd be upset if they were sitting there with a stopwatch.

I think I've caught a brass in my collar every time I've qualified with a firearm in the military...whether with the M-16, M-4, or the M-9. Guess I've got bad luck...
    The only evil is ignorance...the only good is knowledge.

Member #
    Liked
    28222 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSkiff View Post
    I've had that happen many times. There was one time when the brass bounced off the side board at an indoor range and managed to lodge it's self between the lens of my glasses and my eye lid. Had a nice little .45 acp burn on my right eyelid for a couple of weeks. .
    I thought I was the only one that had that happen to!
    I was shooting my para (I think it was) and for some reason one of the spent cases flew straight back and low, I was wearing a ball cap as well as my glasses, the case went over the lens, under the ball cap brim and right into the side of the glasses frame and was firmly wedged between the frame arm and my face, burned like the devil too.
    shook my head side to side, but NOOO! it wasn't going to drop out!
    had a nice little battle scar for about a week.
    MY 1911's just do not throw brass any direction except far away and to the right usually.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    This should never happen, but it unfortunately does.

Member #
    Liked
    700 times
    Maybe its just me, but usually hot brass landing on me doesn't bother me too much, other than one time I was shooting my 22 when I was little, it ejected the round, hit a board, down the back of my shirt and into my underwear.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links