Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1911 M-series Holster Help Please.

7K views 22 replies 9 participants last post by  GreenWolf70 
#1 · (Edited)
i resently bought a Taurus 1911 PT with rail. a dream firearm for myself. well as with all firearms i wished to customize it and i'm run into a big snag. i cant seem to locate the right holster for it.

without the Streamlight TLR2s light/lazer

i'm looking for a holster that will hold this combo. my only information on knowing which holsters to purchase is on the box for the lazer sight is it say "m-series" holsters. but every holster ive ran across doesnt either list my firearm or doesnt list this lazer as a choice. can anyone help me locate the correct holsters please.

thank you in advance

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
wow nothing :(. surely someone out ther has bought a holster for the taurus that has a lazer on it. i donmt care if its a tatical leg holster, consealed holster, belt holster or sholder holster. i think a tatical leg holster would look best but that just me. but i'm not pick i just want a holster. please help

#3 ·
Don't be surprised if you have to have one custom made for your uses. I'm sure there is something out there that will fit, but I don't believe they're all that common.

Handsome SS PT1911 by the way :thumb: , and Welcome to TaurusArmed.net!

#4 · (Edited)
tyvm. i'm working on customizine it. but since i dont live any place that sales holsters. i haveot rely on the net to purchase them. i saw a BLackhawk tatical serpa 3 leg holster but i didnt want drop $155.00 on it and it not fithers a link
Level 3 SERPA Light Bearing Tactical Holster - BLACKHAWK!

i spent all night last night trying to nail one down but so far ive come up empty. once i get the holster situation resolved. im goingto focus on getting a custom grips made for it. i jsut dont wantot buy he wrong holster. so if anyone can help with advise and or a alternative that would be awsome.

#5 ·
CrossBreed will make you one that is IWB, but with a pistol that large you may want to go OWB. With a heat gun, some gloves and minimal wood working skills, you can make your own Kydex, or Kydex/leather hybrid holster. There are even a number of cheap kits you can buy to make your own. Just do a search on holsters in Concealed Carry forums. There is also a very good thread on Kydex holsters over at AR15.com: Do it yourself Kydex.... - AR15.COM

#6 · (Edited)
i'm not up on the abervations im new at this. what do those mean? IWB, OWB,? i dont have any woodworking/leather skills nor a heat gun and does crossbreed have a website? ive bene researching holsters for 4 days now. i'm not getting anywere. ive bounced from web site ot website emailed countless companies no one replies back. or in the tiny print "doesnt fit taurus" so i came here.

#8 · (Edited)
ty philly2133
i will email them and see if they can make a holster. after searching there sight they do not offer one already for the taurus with a light. its worth a shot. o and after looking at crossbreedholsters.com they explain that
OWB = outside waist band
IWB = inside waist band

o and now that i know what IWB means i dont think i wantot try and shove that gun with a light on it inside my pants. i would need some really stretchy pants for that.

#9 ·
I would call rather than email CrossBreed. They are a good bunch. If you want OWB look at Tucker's Silent Thunder, or Simply Rugged's Cuda. Call them if that is what you want. If any of these vendors offer you advice, I would listen. Most people here have several (or many) useless holsters sitting in a box somewhere, from their search to find the holster they like. If you are a novice (and you seem to be) I would listen to holster makers. Most do not want to sell you a holster that you won't like.

#11 ·
wish you luck but you are not the first to have this problem !
you have learned a valuable lesson in this though!
Its really hard to find a lamp that you can screw in a lightbulb that has a gun attached to it, and its really hard to find a holster to screw in a gun that has a light, laser etc hung on it.

#12 · (Edited)
Back to AR15.com forums, first post on page 45 last three photos are of a PT1911AR with light in a DIY OWB Kydex holster. You will have to read through a number of pages before that to get the details on how to make one, but everything is there.

Do it yourself Kydex.... - Page 45 - AR15.COM

This is not a hard holster to make. Another variation is to use leather for the backside of the holster (you don't need to form the leather, let the Kydex do the retention). I prefer leather rather than plastic against my body, it's just more comfortable. Forming the light/laser attachment is the tricky part as you need to make sure the pistol can still be drawn after forming.

Page 40 of the above thread and about 2/3 of the way down is a pictorial on making a Kydex specifically for a railed pistol with a light.

#13 · (Edited)
i dont really trust myself with making a holster. which was why i was looking for a retail version. i would problly have better luck simply duct taping the thing to my leg. it would be wiser then buying the Kydex and messing it up over and over. or damaging my firearm/sight trying to attempt it. i am not a arts and crafts type person nor do i possess any of the tools to MacGyver a holster set up. those videos are great to watch but i can tell you those videos are not ther first attempts. they praticed and had done many before hand. no matter what they say. i don't know about you but i dont like looking the fool nor want to risk anyones saftey with a Bubba Gump holster. i don't want to come off as harsh or snoody. i jsut dont trust my self in making a holster for a weapon.

someone said earlier i learned a important lession. when i spent $300.00 on a sight and $600.00 on my Taurus. yea that lession was don't trust a Gunstore owner when he said it would be very easy to purchase a holster for my set up.

#14 ·
For those looking i have found the following after contacting Blackhawk. and talking to them. this holster will work
BLACKHAWK! Omega VI Ultra Holster - BLACKHAWK!
comes in diffrent colors and can be worn left leg or right leg. fits any site ,lamp or combo. ive even found it cheaper online. i've also found a few others but waiting on conformation on if they will work.

#20 ·
#15 ·
Yes Sir, when you buy a 1911 then everyone makes a holster to fit it.:clap:
when you buy a railed 1911 then you run into problems finding a holster but there are a few out there.:unsure:
when you start hanging stuff off that rail then you really cut down on the options!:frown:
like i mentioned several have ran this same route as you.
Glad you found something that will work for you though.:icon_ banana:

#16 ·
yea ive taken itto 3 diffrent stores. called 4 or 5 stores close by even called blackhawk, emailed countless places. then thought i casught a break when blackhawk called me back telling me their Omega VI Ultra Holster would work. i called a few local stores and low and behold they had one in stock it wasn't my color but i was liek ill try itot see if it works!!!

drive down ther all excited . tell the clerk waht blackhawk said. he gets it out i try to put it in. nope no go. so we sat at the store looking up holsters ansd syetems online . trying every tatical holster he had in stock. and he thinks the Condor Tornado is my best bet. so he ordered one. going to try it risk free. while im waiting on that to arrive. i'm on a grip hunt. which is almost as anoying as the holster but i got faith.

#17 ·
OH the only Grip problem that you should have is grip overload!
making a decision of what grip that you want!
heres a few of mine.
depends on what you are looking for but I like Raasco grips very well and they make an entire line specially for the Taurus Pt1911.

Attachments

#18 ·
#23 ·
Pretty easy if you mold your own Kydex.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.