1911 M-series Holster Help Please. - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    26965 times
    wish you luck but you are not the first to have this problem !
    you have learned a valuable lesson in this though!
    Its really hard to find a lamp that you can screw in a lightbulb that has a gun attached to it, and its really hard to find a holster to screw in a gun that has a light, laser etc hung on it.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    10991 times
    Back to AR15.com forums, first post on page 45 last three photos are of a PT1911AR with light in a DIY OWB Kydex holster. You will have to read through a number of pages before that to get the details on how to make one, but everything is there.

Do it yourself Kydex.... - Page 45 - AR15.COM

This is not a hard holster to make. Another variation is to use leather for the backside of the holster (you don't need to form the leather, let the Kydex do the retention). I prefer leather rather than plastic against my body, it's just more comfortable. Forming the light/laser attachment is the tricky part as you need to make sure the pistol can still be drawn after forming.

Page 40 of the above thread and about 2/3 of the way down is a pictorial on making a Kydex specifically for a railed pistol with a light.
    Last edited by GreenWolf70; 08-05-2011 at 12:25 AM.
    Battle of Wanat: 10 years ago last 13 July, 1LT Brostram was killed in combat killing the last enemy combatant in the outpost. The LT went to the point of decision and made the difference that turned the tide of the battle. The original investigation found the Bde Cmdr, the Bn Cmdr and the Co Cmdr at fault for dereliction of duty. If you want to see what a sarcastic silver star citation reads like, pull up the company commander's silver star.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    i dont really trust myself with making a holster. which was why i was looking for a retail version. i would problly have better luck simply duct taping the thing to my leg. it would be wiser then buying the Kydex and messing it up over and over. or damaging my firearm/sight trying to attempt it. i am not a arts and crafts type person nor do i possess any of the tools to MacGyver a holster set up. those videos are great to watch but i can tell you those videos are not ther first attempts. they praticed and had done many before hand. no matter what they say. i don't know about you but i dont like looking the fool nor want to risk anyones saftey with a Bubba Gump holster. i don't want to come off as harsh or snoody. i jsut dont trust my self in making a holster for a weapon.

someone said earlier i learned a important lession. when i spent $300.00 on a sight and $600.00 on my Taurus. yea that lession was don't trust a Gunstore owner when he said it would be very easy to purchase a holster for my set up.
    Last edited by megafreakintron; 08-05-2011 at 06:51 AM. Reason: grammer

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    For those looking i have found the following after contacting Blackhawk. and talking to them. this holster will work
    BLACKHAWK! Omega VI Ultra Holster - BLACKHAWK!
    comes in diffrent colors and can be worn left leg or right leg. fits any site ,lamp or combo. ive even found it cheaper online. i've also found a few others but waiting on conformation on if they will work.

Member #
    Liked
    26965 times
    Yes Sir, when you buy a 1911 then everyone makes a holster to fit it.
    when you buy a railed 1911 then you run into problems finding a holster but there are a few out there.
    when you start hanging stuff off that rail then you really cut down on the options!
    like i mentioned several have ran this same route as you.
    Glad you found something that will work for you though.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    yea ive taken itto 3 diffrent stores. called 4 or 5 stores close by even called blackhawk, emailed countless places. then thought i casught a break when blackhawk called me back telling me their Omega VI Ultra Holster would work. i called a few local stores and low and behold they had one in stock it wasn't my color but i was liek ill try itot see if it works!!!

drive down ther all excited . tell the clerk waht blackhawk said. he gets it out i try to put it in. nope no go. so we sat at the store looking up holsters ansd syetems online . trying every tatical holster he had in stock. and he thinks the Condor Tornado is my best bet. so he ordered one. going to try it risk free. while im waiting on that to arrive. i'm on a grip hunt. which is almost as anoying as the holster but i got faith.

Member #
    Liked
    26965 times
    OH the only Grip problem that you should have is grip overload!
    making a decision of what grip that you want!
    heres a few of mine.
    depends on what you are looking for but I like Raasco grips very well and they make an entire line specially for the Taurus Pt1911.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Member #
    Liked
    10991 times
    Here's a few grip makers to check out. If you order from one of the custom grip makers let them know its for a taurus PT-1911 for a perfect fit.

Ergo: Welcome to ERGO Grip Products
    Esmeralda: about Esmeralda
    Sarge: The Finer Grain and Sarge's Grips
    Linville: Our Grips
    DuraGrips: Results for Colt - 1911 Government & Commander
    Battle of Wanat: 10 years ago last 13 July, 1LT Brostram was killed in combat killing the last enemy combatant in the outpost. The LT went to the point of decision and made the difference that turned the tide of the battle. The original investigation found the Bde Cmdr, the Bn Cmdr and the Co Cmdr at fault for dereliction of duty. If you want to see what a sarcastic silver star citation reads like, pull up the company commander's silver star.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by megafreakintron View Post
    For those looking i have found the following after contacting Blackhawk. and talking to them. this holster will work
    BLACKHAWK! Omega VI Ultra Holster - BLACKHAWK!
    comes in diffrent colors and can be worn left leg or right leg. fits any site ,lamp or combo. ive even found it cheaper online. i've also found a few others but waiting on conformation on if they will work.

Same problem I'm having with my 24/7 OSS.

I found this... Amazon.com: Fobus Roto Tactical Speed Belt Holster Glock 21, 20, 37 holds Handgun with Laser or Light Right Hand: Sports & Outdoors
    and could make it work with some modification with a Dremel or a longer leather trigger guard. The 24/7 has a flare right at the guard so the snap is a bit too far to fully close.

Only other option right now is to fabricate one out of kydex.

Sweet 1911!!! Did you ever find a solution?
    24/7 OSS DS .45ACP

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links