Thread: matte black, 1911

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    67 times

matte black, 1911

hi, i am considering the matte black model # 1-191101FS

this would be my first 1911.

i currently do have a .45 ACP, a CZ model.

i am reading thru the posts/threads, but this site is new to me, i just signed up minutes ago.

so, as for value, price, operation, dependability, i'd rather get that information from real world users, rather than a sales pitch on a website, selling a product.

so, can those of you that own this particular model, and the Taurus 1911 genre in general, how happy/satisfied are you with YOUR particular Taurus 1911??

thanks in advance, to all that respond.!

Buddyd
    Last edited by Buddyd157; 08-03-2020 at 06:11 AM.
    DeltaBravoKS and 777Driver like this.

Member #
    Liked
    609 times
    Bought my rail model 1911 back in 2015. Have had several thousand rounds through it, used it in both combat style and bullseye competitions. Only things I did were change to a single sided safety, install a national match bushing, and change the grips...been absolutely flawless. Beware of cheap mags that crack the feed lips, but that goes for any 1911, or semi-auto, anyway. Reliably feeds hollow points, hard ball, 185 gr , 200 gr, and 230...no difference. The flat black oxide finish is easy to touch up with cold blue, if you scratch it...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Member #
    Liked
    35286 times
    The PT1911 has a lot of features for the money, and the grip frame is contoured a bit differently than other 1911s. The frontstrap and backstrap radius are larger than usual, so most grip panels will leave more flat metal visible than they will on other pistols. Other than that, they are classic 1911 goodness. Buy with confidence.
    Buddyd157 and BigBlue like this.
    "It is wonderful, in the event of a street fight, how few bullets seem to hit the men they are aimed at." Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail, Theodore Roosevelt, 1888

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    46846 times
    Welcome to the forum from Northern Illinois. The research and purchase of my PT 1911 SS is what brought me to the group. Many thousands of rounds have been fired through mine. It has a single sided safety, extended slide release and S & A Magwell installed along with magwell length stocks.

Name:  1911D (2).jpg
Views: 35
Size:  522.4 KB
    “Historically, freedom is a rare and fragile thing . . . Freedom has cost the blood of millions in obscure places and in historic sites ranging from Gettysburg to the Gulag Archipelago . . .That something that cost so much in human lives should be surrendered piecemeal in exchange for visions and rhetoric seems grotesque. Freedom is not simply the right of intellectuals to circulate their merchandise. It is, above all, the right of ordinary people to find elbow room for themselves and a refuge from the rampaging presumptions of their ‘betters’.” Thomas Sowell

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    67 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Troll View Post
    Bought my rail model 1911 back in 2015. Have had several thousand rounds through it, used it in both combat style and bullseye competitions. Only things I did were change to a single sided safety, install a national match bushing, and change the grips...been absolutely flawless. Beware of cheap mags that crack the feed lips, but that goes for any 1911, or semi-auto, anyway. Reliably feeds hollow points, hard ball, 185 gr , 200 gr, and 230...no difference. The flat black oxide finish is easy to touch up with cold blue, if you scratch it...
    thanks. i try my very best to buy factory mags, that is if the LGS has them in stock for a wee-bit cheaper that the gun maker's website.

i have heard some of the horror stories of some makes of magazines being no good, in the various range of guns they are made for.
    Last edited by TrucksNCoffee; 08-03-2020 at 02:46 PM. Reason: Rule 2 violation (language)

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    35938 times
    My PT1911 is stainless steel also. It’s as accurate as I can be, and extremely reliable. I put wood grips on it, and other than that it’s stock. After 13 years, it’s my favorite Taurus. After over 8,000 rounds, I’m sure I’ll keep it. My only dislike is the front slide serrations. It’s a cosmetic thing I just don’t care for, but I can live with it.
    As for mags, I’ve had very good luck and long use out of Chip McCormick Shooting Stars. And, they won’t break the bank too.
    ​All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife.

Texas friendly, spoken here.

Member #
    Liked
    1168 times
    >>>>>I would be very happy with that CZ97 myself!!!
    olfarhors and Czechbikr like this.
    "She said her name was Emergency and asked to see my gun....said her telephone number was 911"

Member #
    Liked
    28655 times
    well I own 4 PT1911, one is (or was) a blue model , it has bene cera coated due tot he finish wearing off quickly.
    In MY opinion its a crap shoot, IF you get a good PT1911 then its a deal, if not then its a nightmare!
    of the 4 that I own 2 have need to be sent back for repair when they were relatively new.
    I would suggest that you might consider Rock island, Citadel, Springfield, simply because in my opinion their customer service and quality control are superior to that Of Taurus. OHH--and don't expect anywhere near the quality or workmanship of the Pt1911 if compared to the CZ 97.
    I have one of those as well and honestly I seldom take any of my some 14-15 1911 out to shoot much since getting this jewel.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Buddyd157 and mark7mod0 like this.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    1593 times
    Welcome aboard, from Las Vegas!
    Buddyd157 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    535 times
    I had one 6 years ago, could not get it to run. Went back to Taurus 3 times and each time it came back wth the same problem.
    Finally took it to a 1911 smith and he said the thing was totally out of spec and he would not attempt to work on it.
    First one he had seen so badly out of spec. Never had another.
    Buddyd157 likes this.
    Shut up and reload!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links