Just purchased a new (to me) PT1911 - Page 9
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Like Tree99Likes

Thread: Just purchased a new (to me) PT1911

Member #
    Liked
    46 times
    Well, it looks like I'll be keeping my Taurus.
    I had it on Gunbroker & I had one bid on it for my starting price. Immediately after the auction, I get an e-mail from the buyer. He stated "I'm no longer interested in this item ... i read and seen the new updated description and its actually not the taurus I am looking for...so sorry for the mix up ... let me no what i can do to cancel this order". I replied back that the updated description had nothing to do with the gun and that since he placed a bid he entered into a contract. Then he asked if he could pay half now and half next week, to which I replied "Sorry, no". What a jerk.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    46731 times
    Quote Originally Posted by OldManBryson View Post
    Well, it looks like I'll be keeping my Taurus.
    I had it on Gunbroker & I had one bid on it for my starting price. Immediately after the auction, I get an e-mail from the buyer. He stated "I'm no longer interested in this item ... i read and seen the new updated description and its actually not the taurus I am looking for...so sorry for the mix up ... let me no what i can do to cancel this order". I replied back that the updated description had nothing to do with the gun and that since he placed a bid he entered into a contract. Then he asked if he could pay half now and half next week, to which I replied "Sorry, no". What a jerk.

I'd definitely be reporting him.
    william likes this.
    “Historically, freedom is a rare and fragile thing . . . Freedom has cost the blood of millions in obscure places and in historic sites ranging from Gettysburg to the Gulag Archipelago . . .That something that cost so much in human lives should be surrendered piecemeal in exchange for visions and rhetoric seems grotesque. Freedom is not simply the right of intellectuals to circulate their merchandise. It is, above all, the right of ordinary people to find elbow room for themselves and a refuge from the rampaging presumptions of their ‘betters’.” Thomas Sowell

Member #
    Liked
    46 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Czechbikr View Post
    I'd definitely be reporting him.
    I filed a non-paying bidder report on him today.
    I felt I had been more than patient with him.
    Czechbikr likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    30251 times
    Quote Originally Posted by OldManBryson View Post
    Was that a "good year"?
    I can't remember what I had for lunch, but 1994 had to be better than 2020.
    olfarhors likes this.
    NRA-Patriot Endowment Life Member-Benefactor Level
    GOA-Life Member
    SAF-Member
    Deplorable-Life Member
    DADDD Member-Dads Against Daughters Dating Democrats

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually end up plowing for those who didn't." -- Ben Franklin

“Better to fight for something than live for nothing."-- George S. Patton

“During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act” — George Orwell

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Sponsored Links