new to me PT1911 - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: new to me PT1911

Member #
    Liked
    3268 times
    Did they go out of business?

QUOTE=olfarhors;5549351]Raasco makes some very nice composite wooden grips for 1911.
    they also make a specific grip for the Taurus PT1911 frame.
    FYI if you didn't know the Pt1911 frame isn't exactly cut to the Colt 1911 frame. check out Rassco site and they can explain and show you about this.
    I have Raasco, G-10 and thin aluminum grips on various 1911 as well as Hogues, depends if you want show or go or show and go in your grips.[/QUOTE]

Member #
    Liked
    28090 times
    Quote Originally Posted by oso View Post
    Shady Oaks CS must have been trained by Taurus. LOL
    Well Played Sir!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    28090 times
    Quote Originally Posted by maloy View Post
    Did they go out of business?

QUOTE=olfarhors;5549351]Raasco makes some very nice composite wooden grips for 1911.
    they also make a specific grip for the Taurus PT1911 frame.
    FYI if you didn't know the Pt1911 frame isn't exactly cut to the Colt 1911 frame. check out Rassco site and they can explain and show you about this.
    I have Raasco, G-10 and thin aluminum grips on various 1911 as well as Hogues, depends if you want show or go or show and go in your grips.
    [/QUOTE]

don't thunk so??
    haven't bought from them in a while now as I haven't purchased any 1911 in a while and they don't (or didn't make ) CZ or Tanfiglio grips--which means I should look and see if they do now?
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    3268 times
    I found this from August 2017 on the 1911 forum.

Maloy

Bye Bye Raasco Grips

Received the following from Raasco Grips a few days ago. I have found their grips to be not only great looking, but extremely comfortable, and very reasonably priced. Sorry to see them move away from providing grips.

After nearly ten years building grips, RAASCO Grips is announcing that we will be ending our grip building operations by the end of the year. We wanted to take this opportunity to thank our existing customers and provide you with an opportunity to save while our inventory is still good. We're not planning on closing our business, just moving to other products and industries. We'll be adding more grips to the website through the end of the year as we finish grips currently in production and finish up select grip scales. But, selection through the end of the year may decrease as certain gun models or materials are ended. Once grips are gone there may not be more available.

Enter code: L2G0JL39 to recieve a 15% discount on your order.
    Offer ends August 15, 2017

don't thunk so??
    haven't bought from them in a while now as I haven't purchased any 1911 in a while and they don't (or didn't make ) CZ or Tanfiglio grips--which means I should look and see if they do now?[/QUOTE]

oso
    Member #
    Liked
    1817 times
    I bought grips from them in May of 2018 but that was the last so I don't know if they are still in buisness or not.

Member #
    Liked
    3356 times
    That was a nice pickup for sure!
    Life is full of give and take. Give thanks and take nothing for granted!

Member #
    Liked
    3268 times
    I found it to be a better deal than I thought. I tore it down Friday night and found Taurus packing grease and zero powder residue in any of it. I don't believe it had been shot other than at the factory.

Point of aim is dead on. If the top of the front sight is placed in the middle of a circle, the bullet will hit right on at ten yards. Grouping was great, but in rapid fire I was all over the place. I picked up the older one, and didn't have this issue. I apparently was losing the front white dot getting mixed in with the two in the rear. The older one has Heinie figure 8 that stood out and I never lost the front sight. Painted the front dot neon green on the new one and got the same results as the older one.

I fed it JHP ammo and it cycled perfect.

One grip bushing was oversized, the other three were like a standard 1911 in diameter. This is a 2012 model, according to the chart. I did find an anomaly with the older one. I have a receipt from Kames Sports that is from the original owner dating to 2006. The chart shows it to be a 2007 model. So I wonder if it is really a 2008 purchase and its a typo.

Maloy
    Troll and olfarhors like this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links