Ordered PT1911 Today
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Ordered PT1911 Today

Member #
    Liked
    20 times

Ordered PT1911 Today

I’ve been looking at adding a new 1911, and finally decided to purchase a Taurus. I was wanting to stay below $700 and actually there are a lot of options to choose from including a Turkish model that is getting a lot of good reviews, Remington, Ruger, and of course Springfield. In the end, even though I soured on Taurus a decade ago, I decided the PT1911 was the better value. This is not going to be a carry gun but just recreational. My current collection consists largely of Glocks and Sig polymers. But last weekend picked up a Taurus TX22 and really changed my perspective plus recent favorable publicity on Taurus’ new quality initiatives. All things considered including limited lifetime warranty, think I made right choice.

Stupid question but I saw two models but with same manufacturer number: TAU 1191101FS One was priced less both both pistols looked the same, neither had a rail. The only difference was one had the word ‘blue steel’ in description. Is there any difference in finish? Is there a newer finish?
    darbo and DeltaBravoKS like this.

Member #
    Liked
    20631 times
    Congrats on your purchase! I'll look forward to a photo and range report.

As for the difference I don't really know except to ask how many magazines each model came with?
    olfarhors likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    28384 times
    I have no idea??
    seems IF both had identical stock numbers then they would be identical packages?
    what was the manufacture date of the pistols??
    in other words was one a lot older model?
    Finishes can change dramatically with taurus depending on the production dates, at one time they made stainless, blue, polished stainless with gold accents, polished stainless with out gold, Blue hi gloss with gold accents and even combination blue/stainless as well as a aluminum frame. as they say a picture is sometimes worth a thousand words.
    Here are 4 of the finishes that were made, I have no gold hi lights.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    777Driver likes this.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    Photos were helpful. It looks like the only difference may be the stamping on the slide. I noticed one has Taurus very prominent and PT1911, whereas the slightly higher one and I assume newer models, you have to look really hard for manufacturer markings.

Member #
    Liked
    1528 times
    Welcome aboard, from Las Vegas!

Member #
    Liked
    28384 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Braveheart1 View Post
    Photos were helpful. It looks like the only difference may be the stamping on the slide. I noticed one has Taurus very prominent and PT1911, whereas the slightly higher one and I assume newer models, you have to look really hard for manufacturer markings.
    and now you know!
    the one with the huge slide markings is an older model.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    590 times
    Thankfully they dropped the "Billboard" markings in favor of the more subtle approach (I wish all manufactures would take a similar approach!)
    Braveheart1 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotorflyr View Post
    Thankfully they dropped the "Billboard" markings in favor of the more subtle approach (I wish all manufactures would take a similar approach!)
    Think I’m getting the more ‘subtle’ markings. I pick up tonight after work but was shipped from factory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    1358 times
    Congratulations on your PT1911.
    Braveheart1 likes this.

I am a Democrat that love my guns

A individual can't be a Army
    A individual can't be a Navy.
    A individual can't be a Air Force
    A individual can't be a Coast Guard
    A individual can be a MARINE! Semper Fi.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    33507 times
    I never gave the billboarding much thought....I love my PT1911.

-
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Benjamin Franklin

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA and TSRA member, and proud Texas LTC holder

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links