Taurus 1911™ Officer 45 ACP
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Taurus 1911™ Officer 45 ACP

Member #
    Liked
    144 times

Taurus 1911™ Officer 45 ACP

I always felt that if hollow points were banned for some reason, I would carry a 45. I owned a Colt Officer's model in the distant past and because I was experimenting with about 40 other guns. I did not have a lot of funds so trades were often. If I ever do decide to go 45, what are folks thoughts and experiences with the recent Taurus Officer's model?
    2nd Amendment Patriot.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    32447 times
    I have an Officer model but it's not a Taurus. I haven't heard much in the way of feedback. I'll be interested to see what the responses are.
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Benjamin Franklin

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA and TSRA member, and proud Texas LTC holder

Member #
    Liked
    27675 times
    HMM? well with the right projectile the 45 acp expands just great, even at officer/defender velocities.
    I own a couple officers, a defender model and 2-3 commanders, none are Taurus so can't speak as to the reliability or performance?
    Mine run just hunky dory althoguh I normally carry my CZ P-01 in 9 MM as my carry gun.
    I prefer 14 rounds to 6-7 myself, bad guys here are like bananas they come in bunches many times.
    loudviking likes this.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1674 times
    My wife has a Rock Island Officers 1911 and we both love it. Great size a weight weapon for the 45 ap. I wouldn't expect any less out of the Taurus 1911. However I beleive the Taurus is a series 80 whereas the RIA is 70 series. Other than that they're both bull barrel 1911s.
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Ben Frankin-

oso
    Member #
    Liked
    1684 times
    I carry a Colt Defender pretty often I like the compact size and lightweight of the alloy frame. I can't speak for the Taurus as I haven't shot or handled one, I am sure it works as their other 1911's do, the one thing that would turn me off is the weight, look at the Taurus specs it kinda defeats the purpose of a officers model at that weight.
    Czechbikr likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    36407 times
    You have a point, but my own choice would be a high-cap .45.

Also consider some of the new ideas in ammo...

If they really do try making ammo less effective I expect to see developers design .50, .60, or even 0.72 arms. (hint: they already exist)
    Yissnakk likes this.
    Keeper of The Pledge

GCS d? s+: a+++ C++ UL++++ P+ L++ E W++ N++ o+ K- w
    O M-- V-- PS+++ PE++ Y++ PGP++ t 5++ X- R+ tv+ b++++ DI++++ D+
    G-- e+++ h---- r+++ y+++ PL++++

∀xx ∃xy | xx∇xy > 0

If the Russians hacked Clinton's email then she is guilty of a felony for exposing classified information to a hostile government.

Member #
    Liked
    33459 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Newt View Post
    If I ever do decide to go 45, what are folks thoughts and experiences with the recent Taurus Officer's model?
    I haven't tried the Taurus, but in my opinion when it comes to 3"/3.5" 1911s, you either get one of the best brands, or you need to get lucky. The two worst semiautos I've ever owned were Officers ACPs. An ATI Titan, and a Metro Arms Amigo. Not even close to being reliable enough to carry. So if I were buying an Officers ACP that isn't well known for perfect reliability, I'd expect it to be a project.

Having said that, there are people on this forum who've had great performance from the very models that gave me an absurd amount of trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by olfarhors View Post
    HMM? well with the right projectile the 45 acp expands just great, even at officer/defender velocities.
    Ah, and the beauty of the .45ACP is that it had a solid reputation as a manstopper even before expanding handgun rounds became commonplace. As the OP alluded to. Carry anything over 200 grains, and I don't even much care if it expands.
    "It is wonderful, in the event of a street fight, how few bullets seem to hit the men they are aimed at." Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail, Theodore Roosevelt, 1888

Member #
    Liked
    1674 times
    Several years of service with out a failure and several thousand down to pipe I'd say our RIA 1911 compact is reliable. I would also dare say RIA has near the best customer service in the industry.
    Last edited by MoKen; 01-09-2020 at 06:48 PM.
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Ben Frankin-

Member #
    Liked
    640 times
    I own and carry an officer's model RIA as well. Zero ftf, fte, been itching for pt1911 officer's model,...just waiting for the money to not he spent on other stuff...life's been happening to me more than I like...lately

Member #
    Liked
    144 times
    I had a Colt Officers model for a short time. I also ahd Another 45 that I cannot recall the name. It was cheap, but effective. I used to buy. sell, trade many pistols to feel them out. Too numerous to mention. I was working at a gun shop getting guns at cost. I wish I could remember that cheap 45 because it was quite good.
    Lomax likes this.
    2nd Amendment Patriot.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links