Taurus 1911™ Officer 45 ACP - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Taurus 1911™ Officer 45 ACP

Member #
    Liked
    27663 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostHorse View Post
    I haven't tried the Taurus, but in my opinion when it comes to 3"/3.5" 1911s, you either get one of the best brands, or you need to get lucky. The two worst semiautos I've ever owned were Officers ACPs. An ATI Titan, and a Metro Arms Amigo. Not even close to being reliable enough to carry. So if I were buying an Officers ACP that isn't well known for perfect reliability, I'd expect it to be a project.

yep!
    luck of draw sometimes. The worse officer model that I have ever owned was a Colt, this was back in the late 70-early 80's.
    the thing would run about 85-90% on 230 FMJ, and about 50% on anything closely related to hollow point.
    went back to Colt, not much better, went to my Gunsmith-- not much better, sold it at no loss cause it had a pony on the side and the buyer was aware of the problem.
    fast forward and I now have a ATI titan, a Springfield armory and both are quite reliable and accurate weapons, both are in 45acp.
    GhostHorse likes this.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    27663 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MadKaw View Post
    You have a point, but my own choice would be a high-cap .45.

Also consider some of the new ideas in ammo...
    Lord-Lord--I think everyone should own one stacked magazine 1911 in 45 acp!
    I picked up this Dan Wesson because its kinda sorta rare and has a 0000052 serial number--and I reaaaaly Like Dan Wessons!
    but this beast weighs in at right at 53 ounces loaded with 15 rounds(14 =1) of 45 acp goodness.
    carry time ---????--ahh zero!
    Guberment model/steel frame.
    she choots pretty gud though!
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Last edited by olfarhors; 01-11-2020 at 10:04 AM.
    Yissnakk likes this.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.

Member #
    Liked
    351 times
    I have three .45's; a Kahr CW45, a Bersa .45, and a SA US GI 1911. I was checking on the Kahr today and it occurred to me that of the four magazines with the pistol all of them were hollow point. I was considering swapping one of them to ball.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    3204 times
    I've a full size Taurus 1911 that cycles Speer Golddot, and Federal HST.

In fact, all my 1911's will cycle JHP except the lonely RIA .38 Super. It was a basket case that is a work in progress and awaiting a new barrel.

I do admit that not all JHP ammo is equal. Also, some of my 9mm 1911's do not have ramped barrels. However, I learned a long time ago what to look for in a frame ramp and throat for a functional 1911 that isn't a ramped barrel and correct them if needed.

My .22 TCM's 9mm barrel was bad and no way was it tested. I gave it a proper throat job, and it cycles everything in 9mm factory ammo including 90 grain loads.

Maloy

Member #
    Liked
    33443 times
    There's a big difference between 5" and 3"/3.5" 1911s. Given the OP's specific question, let's confine this thread to the 3"/3.5" models.
    texastaurusguy and Yissnakk like this.
    "It is wonderful, in the event of a street fight, how few bullets seem to hit the men they are aimed at." Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail, Theodore Roosevelt, 1888

oso
    Member #
    Liked
    1684 times
    olfarhors that pointman has to weigh at least 53 oz. loaded, the Taurus officers model weighs 35 oz. empty, that is heavy for a officers model.
    olfarhors likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    27663 times
    Quote Originally Posted by oso View Post
    olfarhors that pointman has to weigh at least 53 oz. loaded, the Taurus officers model weighs 35 oz. empty, that is heavy for a officers model.
    opps! big fingers, hit the wrong key--yes it is at 53-54 ounces loaded.
    MY Officer model Springfield Armory weighs 25 ounces with a empty mag in it, its an alloy frame.

Member #
    Liked
    144 times
    To be honest, if hollow points were banned, a 45 with 185 gr semi-wadcutters would be my choice.
    2nd Amendment Patriot.

Member #
    Liked
    68 times
    I owned a Taurus 1911 Officers for a number of years and loved it. In fact, I loved it so much I gave it to my son. It was a good carry weapon and extremely accurate. I haven't touched a new one but the old ones are great.

Member #
    Liked
    144 times
    Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaJohn View Post
    I owned a Taurus 1911 Officers for a number of years and loved it. In fact, I loved it so much I gave it to my son. It was a good carry weapon and extremely accurate. I haven't touched a new one but the old ones are great.
    Was that the Officer's or the Commander? The Officer's model, as far as I know, was introduced in 2018.

Edit 02/19, 7:08pm: After investigating further, the Commander and Officers were introduced at the same time (201, but the Commander was available before the Officers.
    Last edited by Newt; 02-19-2020 at 05:33 PM.
    olfarhors, Yissnakk, oso and 1 others like this.
    2nd Amendment Patriot.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links