Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: New 1911 Commander

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hey All,

New to the group -

Does anyone know of what aftermarket sights will fit the commanders?? Recently purchased a commander and I've had the weapon out to the range and it shoots low..... was looking for a low front site or an adjustable rear. Looked in Dawson and couple other websites and I didn't think I saw anything other then PT1911 fits.

Supporting Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    14453 times
    Welcome to the best forum on the interwebz.

This post will get you in touch with those that will help you out.

But while you are waiting click on over to https://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/m...n-forum-rules/ , read the rules and introduce yourself to the membership.

Those to whom you wish to speak will be along shortly,
    loudviking likes this.

Make America Great Again - Remove all the warning labels!
    I shoot to support my reloading habit
    Only when your house is on fire, will you have too much ammo!
    Psalms 144:1
    Never go into a fight with less ammo than you can carry - W Ward
    Lubbock 15 Sand Lake 15 & 16 Rapid City 15 - 19

Member #
    Liked
    1205 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MGuts View Post
    Hey All,

New to the group -

Does anyone know of what aftermarket sights will fit the commanders?? Recently purchased a commander and I've had the weapon out to the range and it shoots low..... was looking for a low front site or an adjustable rear. Looked in Dawson and couple other websites and I didn't think I saw anything other then PT1911 fits.
    They are supposed to be Novak sights so I'm guessing anything that uses a Novak cut? Just my guess but I may be wrong.
    "Well, the devil made me do it the first time, the second time I done it on my own." - Billy Joe Shaver

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1205 times
    Sorry for the long delay. Got to finally go out and shoot it last weekend. Not bad at all. The eight round mag gives it fits if I load all eight rounds but it ran fine through my SR1911Commander. Going again tomorrow. Will take it and my new Springfield Defender Mil-Spec Government model. It was another Rural King buy, $509 out the door.
    "Well, the devil made me do it the first time, the second time I done it on my own." - Billy Joe Shaver

oso
    Member #
    Liked
    1818 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MGuts View Post
    Hey All,

New to the group -

I would remove sights and measure sight cuts in the slide, then order sights that are slightly oversized and fit them to the slide. No need for set screws that way and sights won't come loose.
    olfarhors likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    28095 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutt View Post
    They are supposed to be Novak sights so I'm guessing anything that uses a Novak cut? Just my guess but I may be wrong.
    yea-so they say--BUT!
    Novak makes sights for a lot of people, you need to match the dovetail cuts (gun) to the sights and they may vary a good bit.
    Pretty sure that Dawson either has them or can make them?
    I believe that the Taurus cut is (was) different from any other 1911?
    just depends on what type sights that you want as to availability.
    oso and Sawfish like this.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

oso
    Member #
    Liked
    1818 times
    Yeah I guess it would be too easy to just use standard Novak cut in the slides, who knows why Taurus decides to use proprietary sight cuts.
    olfarhors likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    28095 times
    Quote Originally Posted by oso View Post
    Yeah I guess it would be too easy to just use standard Novak cut in the slides, who knows why Taurus decides to use proprietary sight cuts.
    specially IF they are not going to offer the sights for sale, and in varying heights and styles (fiber optic, trit, etc.)
    oso likes this.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    620 times
    There is a VERY tiny spring used in the RIA 22 mag 1911, and of course, I once decided to field strip the gun (drum roll, please) over shag carpet.

After failed searches, thought it was lost forever. I then remembered I had some good magnets. Grazed the magnets over the carpet and soon found the spring, haha.
    Sawfish likes this.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Sponsored Links