New 1911 Commander - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: New 1911 Commander

Member #
    Liked
    30160 times
    Don't forget to thank "St. Wick" the Patron Saint of Guns, Pups and Gun Parts...

Attached Images Attached Images  
    NULLI SECUNDUS

Member #
    Liked
    54 times
    Buy 2 new ones. Shoot another from same position. Look for first one! 🤣👀😎
    Mutt likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Congrats ! Glad you found it. I have the Commander and love it, the only thing I did was change the front site and it preforms perfectly ! The guide rod assembly is good but if you want a change just try out diffrent weight springs.
    Mutt likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    34165 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutt View Post
    Yeah, I am thinking about getting a new guide rod too just because. I just wasn't sure how interchangeable they are.
    There are a lot of parts on any 1911 that need fitting; anything related to the sear and safeties come to mind. But the guide rods are typically drop in parts. I also think that the least useful upgrade to JMB's design is the full length guide rod. I have a Rock Island that has the JMB original guide rod, and I can't tell a difference at all. I've done it once, but I'll never swap another short guide rod for long. All it does is complicate disassembly.

One man's opinion. Glad you found the sputnik spring plug!
    Mutt likes this.
    "It is wonderful, in the event of a street fight, how few bullets seem to hit the men they are aimed at." Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail, Theodore Roosevelt, 1888

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    33103 times
    Congratulations on joining the fraternity, you're not a member until you've launched an end cap and spring, hopefully not at your own forehead. The round indention goes away after a week or so, however.

The Commander is the only gun I don't have in 1911, I'm interested to see how you like yours.

By the way, the only time I've ever not found the part was believe it or not, in my Sig P226. I got impatient and let the cap go too soon, and it shot straight up in the air. Never found the rod, but I had a spare luckily, so it worked out okay.
    Mutt likes this.
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Benjamin Franklin

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA and TSRA member, and proud Texas LTC holder

Member #
    Liked
    1205 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostHorse View Post
    There are a lot of parts on any 1911 that need fitting; anything related to the sear and safeties come to mind. But the guide rods are typically drop in parts. I also think that the least useful upgrade to JMB's design is the full length guide rod. I have a Rock Island that has the JMB original guide rod, and I can't tell a difference at all. I've done it once, but I'll never swap another short guide rod for long. All it does is complicate disassembly.

One man's opinion. Glad you found the sputnik spring plug!
    I think I'm going to shoot it first and then decide. I know it won't make a lot of difference except for disassembly.

Quote Originally Posted by texastaurusguy View Post
    Congratulations on joining the fraternity, you're not a member until you've launched an end cap and spring, hopefully not at your own forehead. The round indention goes away after a week or so, however.

The Commander is the only gun I don't have in 1911, I'm interested to see how you like yours.

By the way, the only time I've ever not found the part was believe it or not, in my Sig P226. I got impatient and let the cap go too soon, and it shot straight up in the air. Never found the rod, but I had a spare luckily, so it worked out okay.
    The first time I took my Ruger apart, I felt the end cap brush my hair, Lol. I love my Ruger and I think I will feel the same about the Taurus. For some reason I just like the looks of the Commanders best but I do plan on owning a Government model one day.
    texastaurusguy likes this.
    "Well, the devil made me do it the first time, the second time I done it on my own." - Billy Joe Shaver

Member #
    Liked
    34165 times
    When I built my AR-15, I launched one of the smallest springs. Looked for an hour, figuring with all five dogs walking around I had to either find it right away, or give up. Then, a day or two later, there it was!
    Mutt likes this.
    "It is wonderful, in the event of a street fight, how few bullets seem to hit the men they are aimed at." Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail, Theodore Roosevelt, 1888

Member #
    Liked
    1205 times
    Update. Finally got out to the range and put some rounds through it. It doesn't like the stock mag when you load all 8 rounds.Other than that it shoots fine
    "Well, the devil made me do it the first time, the second time I done it on my own." - Billy Joe Shaver

Supporting Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    7763 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutt View Post
    Update. Finally got out to the range and put some rounds through it. It doesn't like the stock mag when you load all 8 rounds.Other than that it shoots fine
    Load that mag and let it sit for a few days, also clean it!.............
    william and olfarhors like this.
    There are "four boxes" that can be employed to resist the downfall of America, the ballot box, the soap box, the jury box and, lastly, the ammo box.

Member #
    Liked
    324 times
    You are not the first to launch a recoil spring cap!
    Shut up and reload!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links