• 1 Post By BangBang
  • 2 Post By darbo
  • 1 Post By olfarhors

Thread: ArachniGRIP slide spider for PT1911

Member #
    Liked
    15 times

ArachniGRIP slide spider for PT1911

ArachniGRIP is now making their slide spider for the Taurus PT1911! My aging hands at times have trouble working the slide on my handguns. This product solves that problem. I have them on most of my semi automatic pistols and really like them. There are different patterns for the top of the grip. Here's mine:

Name:  taurus pt1911 arach.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  1.87 MB
    darbo likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    515 times
    So far so good with the regular old serrations. I don't use the front serrations but they don't bug me like they do some people. I'm glad there is a product that helps you!
    olfarhors likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    26900 times
    yea i think I had rather replace the recoil spring with a lighter unit and possible smooth up the rail/slide fit before adding a item that might not work IF I needed it in a bad situation, but hey we all do what we think is best for us.
    I can still crank the slide back on my Tanfoglio Witness 10 MM and its 21 pound recoil spring so hopefully i am good to go for while.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    5968 times
    I think it's great that there is a simple easy to use product that can help you overcome the difficulty with racking the slide.

I know that when, not if, I have the same problem I will definitely go this route.

Don
    loudviking likes this.
    Don't tell me the sky's the limit; there are footprints on the moon!.... Unknown

Member #
    Liked
    19478 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BangBang View Post
    I think it's great that there is a simple easy to use product that can help you overcome the difficulty with racking the slide.

I know that when, not if, I have the same problem I will definitely go this route.

Don
    That's the key for all us old farts isn't it!
    loudviking and Kevin Keith like this.

Member #
    Liked
    19478 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pwandrews View Post
    ArachniGRIP is now making their slide spider for the Taurus PT1911! My aging hands at times have trouble working the slide on my handguns. This product solves that problem. I have them on most of my semi automatic pistols and really like them. There are different patterns for the top of the grip. Here's mine:

Name:  taurus pt1911 arach.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  1.87 MB
    I'm curious. Is the material more like a sandy, gritty texture? Or more like a textured rubber type material?

Member #
    Liked
    26900 times
    Quote Originally Posted by darbo View Post
    That's the key for all us old farts isn't it!
    yea, well we all have our thoughts for sure, I simply am not going to put a lot of faith in something that attaches to my well oiled steel gun slide with adhesive.
    but then again it MAY work for you?
    of course it also looks like the rear sight on this particular weapon could be used to rack the slide off a ledge as on a counter, desk or even your heel if must be?
    but hey who knows?
    generally IF I need to rack a slide on a carry gun then it has had a malfunction as I carry hot and an extra mag on me.
    IF and when I can't rack the slide on my weapon then iw ill revert to the old ancient revolver I think.
    I still got this that I could carry in an ankle holster!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Stroker likes this.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Sponsored Links