Disconnect reset issue? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Disconnect reset issue?

Member #
    Liked
    93 times
    That is a bit of a surprise, didnt expect shipping would be so high. Im confident in my diagnosis and refitting skills so I doubt this issue will persist past this weekend.

Member #
    Liked
    93 times
    Got out to the range tonight and got through 25rds with no trigger issues but did have a failure to feed first round in the mag nosed over, and a failure to return to battery on the last round, both issues were with the same mag. I will mark it next time out, didnt think about till it was to late.

Not even a week to get it dialed in, vs. 10-12 weeks for a return. Plus now I know how to manipulate the fire control system on a 1911. It really felt good tonight!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Buzzsaw46; 06-05-2019 at 09:18 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    26963 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw46 View Post
    That is a bit of a surprise, didnt expect shipping would be so high. Im confident in my diagnosis and refitting skills so I doubt this issue will persist past this weekend.

FED-X and UPS MUST go Next day air, unless you are a FFL Holder!
    they be proud of them airplanes it seems!
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    93 times
    Ill run another half a box through it tonight and see how it does. If Im down to a magazine issue Ill be pretty happy, and 9-11 weeks ahead of a trip to the mother ship.

Member #
    Liked
    93 times
    Made it through 50rnds with no reset issue, the mag I suspected of issues had another feed failure on the last round. Gave the spring a little tweak and ran it with no feed issues. I did get another new failure though tonight after the last round in the suspect mag the slide locked back as it should, I dropped the mag and racked the slide to release it pulled the trigger to drop the hammer and nothing hammer didnt drop. I thought it was the disconnector reset issue again but it wasnt. I tore it down at the club house and I think the hammer strut pin had snagged on the firing pin block lever. So the hammer will come out and get a bit of a polish and we'll try again.

Member #
    Liked
    93 times
    Ran 4 mags through the 1911 yesterday, only one trigger reset failure while a friend was shooting. Could have been a grip issue.

Member #
    Liked
    93 times
    Three more mags without any issues. Very happy with the pistol now, just a bit disappointed that I had to tinker so much with the internals to get it reliable, and I still dont think I would trust it in a self defense situation. I hope at some point I can.
    olfarhors likes this.

oso
    Member #
    Liked
    1510 times
    Sounds like you do not have enough pretravel, turn the screw in your trigger until you can't squeeze the trigger and make the hammer drop. Then back the screw out slowly checking for drag. Once the trigger will drop the hammer, cock the hammer, squeeze the trigger while holding the hammer with your thumb, ease the hammer forward and while doing so feel for drag/interference with the half cock shelf or any part of the hammer. If you feel any interference back the screw out some more and repeat, once you no longer have any interference Loctite the screw in place. Also assemble the pistol without the grip safety in place and you can see parts move.
    olfarhors and loudviking like this.

Member #
    Liked
    93 times
    The screw in the trigger sets overtravel not pretravel, and I wish that would have been the issue. It was the first thing I checked. It seems all the trigger group interfaces needed a good polish. The center finger of the leaf spring and ramp on the disconnector seemed to be the key to consistant resets.

oso
    Member #
    Liked
    1510 times
    you are correct, I am still heavily medicated recovering from hip replacement surgery but the test I described still applies to disconnector function.

Here is another disconnector test
    cock the hammer and hold the pistol like you would if you were firing it. Press the muzzle against a hard surface, pressing the muzzle as far back as it will go, probably .25 or so, this will force the pistol out of battery. While the pistol is out of battery press and hold the trigger. Now release the pressure on the muzzle allowing the pistol to go back into battery, the hammer should still be cocked and not have follow. Now release the trigger slowly, you will hear a click indicating the disconnector is re engaging the sear. Pull the trigger again and the hammer should fall.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links