James Yeager and Taurus....again - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: James Yeager and Taurus....again

Member #
    Liked
    3443 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostHorse View Post
    "If this thing will shoot a whole magazine, it'll be off to a better start than a whole lot of 1911s, huh?"

How to destroy your credibility in one sentence. Didn't even watch the rest of the video. Why listen to someone who says something that stupid?

But getting to the OP's point, I think it's true that Taurus is getting more respect and appreciation in general these days. And the good thing it, they are earning it. From what we're hearing around here, I'd say Taurus is on an upswing.
    I'd agree with that. My two M605's are great, and so is my G2C. Can't say enough about my PT92 (even though it is of older manufacture). Now, I'm on the hunt for the G3...I want one.
    Are we there yet?
    USMC 83'-87'
    Indiana CCW, Utah CCW
    NRA Member

Member #
    Liked
    27056 times

But getting to the OP's point, I think it's true that Taurus is getting more respect and appreciation in general these days. And the good thing it, they are earning it. From what we're hearing around here, I'd say Taurus is on an upswing.
    MY question and observations will be "how long will this upward trend remain?"
    I at one time was the owner of 10 taurus firearms, the reason-- because of a 1987 model 99 that I have owned since it was new.
    the ones after that were not near as well produced ( 5 of the ten were returned to the mothership) a couple twice.
    at the time of my original 99 purchase customer service, parts and I believe quality of the weapon systems was in line with many other companies, fast forward and In my case taurus had very likely the worst customer service in the firearms business and well as part availability.
    soo I observe for a long time before I buy again. just my experience and 2 cents on the matter, again going back to 1987 and 10 weapons from the company.
    taurustoter likes this.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    3443 times
    Quote Originally Posted by olfarhors View Post
    I at one time was the owner of 10 taurus firearms, the reason-- because of a 1987 model 99 that I have owned since it was new.
    the ones after that were not near as well produced ( 5 of the ten were returned to the mothership) a couple twice.
    at the time of my original 99 purchase customer service, parts and I believe quality of the weapon systems was in line with many other companies, fast forward and In my case taurus had very likely the worst customer service in the firearms business and well as part availability.
    soo I observe for a long time before I buy again. just my experience and 2 cents on the matter, again going back to 1987 and 10 weapons from the company.
    I think their "upward trend" will continue, as long as they concentrate on what models are strong for them, kick all the other circus side-show types to the curb, and continue to build upon what works for them. They have always been taking the attitude of "what zany new design" can we throw against the wall to see if it sticks...this don't work for anybody.

They also need to make sure they keep tabs on their QA department, and keep holding their feet to the fire...don't let duds leave the factory!
    olfarhors likes this.
    Are we there yet?
    USMC 83'-87'
    Indiana CCW, Utah CCW
    NRA Member

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    17019 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rossi View Post
    My PT1911 FS is one of my best semi autos, but it doesn't seem to like non-Taurus mags as well as it's one original Taurus mag. No jams or mag drops at all, but racking the first round from the Taurus mag is easier than the aftermarket mags for some reason.
    My PT1911 came with two factory mags. I never bought more because I already had a bin full of 1911 mags in the safe. Aftermarket and GI. Never had an issue with any of them. As a matter of fact, I usually use GI mags at the range. Yeah, I'm old fashioned, but I'm an old guy.
    Children, pets, and slaves get taken care of. Free Men take care of themselves.

When Democracy turns to Tyranny

I still plan to vote.

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    31547 times
    Quote Originally Posted by CJS3 View Post
    My PT1911 came with two factory mags. I never bought more because I already had a bin full of 1911 mags in the safe. Aftermarket and GI. Never had an issue with any of them. As a matter of fact, I usually use GI mags at the range. Yeah, I'm old fashioned, but I'm an old guy.
    I've found single stack mags to be quite reliable. That doesn't mean that I don't have double stack mags that are reliable, but that I've had more problems with double stacks in the past.
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Member #
    Liked
    27056 times
    Quote Originally Posted by CJS3 View Post
    yep!
    same in my case, I must have 40-50 1911 45acp mags, many 38 Super mags and about 8-10 10 MM mags .
    all different brands of manufacture mags, after market mags and I can remember only one 1911 mag that ever gave me a problem and it was a colt mag.
    my CZ and Tanfoglio mags are made by Mec -gar and so no problems out of those 12-14 mags either and they are double stacks.
    the only real bad experience I have had with any mag was pro-mag and that was several years back.
    taurustoter likes this.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    509 times
    I had a $10 gunshow mag go bad on me after a couple of years...started double feeding. NO big deal, I have 5 Mec-Gar mags that work just fine

Member #
    Liked
    32228 times
    Quote Originally Posted by olfarhors View Post
    A good question, but it doesn't affect purchasing decisions today at all.

My first colt was bought in what consider their worst period ever. The scallops behind the trigger have visible tool marks. I have a Rock Island 1911 that's finished to a higher standard. But that Colt shoots like nobody's business. And today they are punching out firearms that are second to none.

Every manufacturer has ups and downs. At least when Taurus is down, you're usually not dropping a grand to find that out.
    "It is wonderful, in the event of a street fight, how few bullets seem to hit the men they are aimed at." Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail, Theodore Roosevelt, 1888

Member #
    Liked
    3443 times

My first colt was bought in what consider their worst period ever. The scallops behind the trigger have visible tool marks. I have a Rock Island 1911 that's finished to a higher standard. But that Colt shoots like nobody's business. And today they are punching out firearms that are second to none.

Every manufacturer has ups and downs. At least when Taurus is down, you're usually not dropping a grand to find that out.
    Right! I really want one of the new Colt revolvers, but wow! They ain't cheap.
    Qwiks draw likes this.
    Are we there yet?
    USMC 83'-87'
    Indiana CCW, Utah CCW
    NRA Member

Supporting Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    7496 times

Well said!................
    There are "four boxes" that can be employed to resist the downfall of America, the ballot box, the soap box, the jury box and, lastly, the ammo box.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links