James Yeager and Taurus....again - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: James Yeager and Taurus....again

Member #
    Liked
    7770 times
    Glad he liked it. He was quite obviously pleasantly surprised at how well the gun ran.

Funny -- he starts with an apology that he only brought one magazine of ammo for the range review, then finishes with, "Your responsibility to be ready for the fight never ends."

I guess, 'the fight' isn't the same as, 'the gun video'. Was he in a deadline crunch, or could he have just gone and gotten more ammo before recording. I mean, even with just one magazine, he could reload it.

It's a trick some of us have used when we only have one magazine for a gun.
    Last edited by 230JHP; 06-08-2019 at 02:51 AM.
    Most stereotypes come from how you treated the last person who didn't know you.

"The greater part of mankind . . . walk blindfolded in this glorious theater." John Calvin

We will continue to make our republic the inspiration, the glory, and the envy of the rest of the world. As long as we are confident in our values, loyal to our citizens, and faithful to our God, there is no limit to what we can achieve. ​President Donald J. Trump, Feb 29, 2020.

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    32417 times
    Maybe he shot his thumb off with a Glock or something.
    darbo and 230JHP like this.
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Member #
    Liked
    22675 times
    I'm sorry but James looked giddy as a schoolgirl after shooting the PT1911. He was genuinely surprised at how well it shot. They say you never have a second chance to make a good first impression and I think the PT1911 blew him away. It's great to see Taurus getting some much needed respect.
    loudviking, 230JHP, darbo and 1 others like this.
    PT1911 - 45ACP, Pietta 1873 SAA - 45LC, PT709SS slim, Heritage RR 6.5" 22LR/Mag dual cylinders
    1939 Tula 91/30 Nugget, Evil Copper and Black Rifle, Savage B-Mag in 17WSM
    Mossberg 535 12ga
    GPS Coordinates to lake where they all reside. Always wear your life vests kids. Boating accidents DO happen.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    28083 times
    Quote Originally Posted by NativeTexan View Post
    Maybe he shot his thumb off with a Glock or something.

Likely he carries in a shoulder holster then?
    darbo and NativeTexan like this.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    7182 times
    Quote Originally Posted by olfarhors View Post
    well thankfully he is waiting on finding magazines for the PT1911 and not a lot of the other taurus semi autoes or the followup report might be early 2134.
    My PT1911 FS is one of my best semi autos, but it doesn't seem to like non-Taurus mags as well as it's one original Taurus mag. No jams or mag drops at all, but racking the first round from the Taurus mag is easier than the aftermarket mags for some reason.
    darbo likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    28083 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rossi View Post
    My PT1911 FS is one of my best semi autos, but it doesn't seem to like non-Taurus mags as well as it's one original Taurus mag. No jams or mag drops at all, but racking the first round from the Taurus mag is easier than the aftermarket mags for some reason.

Interesting??
    I have some 13-14 1911 of different brand/model and likely 50 or more 1911 mags, some are 10 MM and 38 Super but MOST are 45 acp, I actually got 2 bags of them stored away cause I go so many.
    just for the record a 45 acp 1911 magazine WILL NOT work with 38 Super ammo, trust me I know!
    all my 1911 run on all my 1911 mags equally well it seems.
    Now all 4 of my PT1911 run 100% but that is due to Taurus and ME working on two of them, really more me!
    my most accurate 1911 is the Springfield Armory Range Officer, the second most accurate would be one of my 38 Supers I think, although the Dan Wesson is big old tack driver as well.
    The DW doesn't take standard 1911 mags as its a stacked version with 14 +1 capacity.
    darbo likes this.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Quote Originally Posted by olfarhors View Post
    I got two of them--ahh or is it three??
    anyway they so far have been exceptional weapons , especially for the price.
    one is the 10 MM Ultra, the loaded 500 dollar 1911. with G-10 grips, beavertail, mag well, adjustable rear sight, front fiber optic , vent rigger, ring hammer and a few other goodies!
    certainly a best buy in a 1911 and they have super good customer service I understand.
    I have the same one, second one actually. The first was sent back to Vegas after 1 week of ownership, the safety bar broke. They had it at repair for almost 3 months before I emailed the VP of sales, 2 days later a new one was sent to me overnight. I love it, its a shooter, stupid accurate and after about 800 rounds, seems to be quite reliable.
    darbo likes this.
    Taurus 65
    Taurus 692 MBO
    Taurus Millenium G2
    Taurus TBD
    S&W 686 3" No Dash
    A whole bunch of other great shooters!

Member #
    Liked
    171 times
    I still don't like James Yeager and I wouldn't take one of his classes.
    "The strongest tactical move is always the one in which you reap the highest gain, at the lowest cost."

Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Didn’t he call Taurus products some ugly names a few years ago?

Heard him say “all guns should be 9mm, and all 9mm should be Glock’s, and all Glocks should be model 19s”.

And then didn’t he run into some “difficulties “?

I have seen him do 2 or 3 Taurus reviews were he has this same type laugh and effusive praise.

Strange - or perhaps not.
    darbo likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    34110 times
    "If this thing will shoot a whole magazine, it'll be off to a better start than a whole lot of 1911s, huh?"

How to destroy your credibility in one sentence. Didn't even watch the rest of the video. Why listen to someone who says something that stupid?

But getting to the OP's point, I think it's true that Taurus is getting more respect and appreciation in general these days. And the good thing it, they are earning it. From what we're hearing around here, I'd say Taurus is on an upswing.
    darbo, taurustoter and MoKen like this.
    "It is wonderful, in the event of a street fight, how few bullets seem to hit the men they are aimed at." Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail, Theodore Roosevelt, 1888

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links