Taurus Firearm Forum banner

EAA Windicator SS.357 Magnum 2" ported barrel ---anyone have any experience with one?

4K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  Ua2pants 
#1 ·
EAA Windicator SS.357 Magnum 2" ported barrel ---anyone have any experience with one?

Our local Rural King has the EAA Windicator SS .357 Magnum 2" ported barrel for $249.00. The thing looks pretty darned good but you know what they say about that! I've checked Youtube videos but they all seem to be from a while ago and different models, plus, I've only been able to find the good (oooh ahhhh great gun!), the bad (finish is crap, shoots terrible at 15 yds), and the ******* (H'yuck H'yuck!! Caint beat that price!)

I'm hoping that someone here has at least had one in their hands at a range and can provide a little better insight.
Please?

Thanks!

Reactions: switchbow
#3 ·
Yissnakk, what was your impression about the weight and bulk on that gun? The usually idea is for 2" revolvers to be concealable, but I hear the Windicators are very heavily built for structural purposes. The EAA site doesn't list the weight.

I have no experience to offer on the Windicator, but if you want a CCW, a J frame Smith, a 85 Taurus, 351 Rossi or a LCR Ruger might be a whole lot more pleasant to carry around. I own all four, and every one is excellent. If you want a range shooter or home defense gun, though, the EAA Windicator might be real nice. Best wishes.

#4 ·
It is heavy but not overly so IMO - definitely solid stainless construction, slightly larger than the Ruger LCR but not by much - mainly longer in the handle. I have been wanting another wheel gun for quite some time and this one really jumps out at you with the price! I just wanted to see if anyone had any practical experience with one and could compare it to a "better" gun.

Thanks!

#9 ·
I have the 4" .357, I love it. Mine is very accurate and I think the finish is nice.

#11 ·
I own one as well. I have put about 300 rounds down range with it. I love it. It isn't pretty, but it does its job. I have not seen one with porting though. It's very heavy, just a shade over 2 pounds. It's pretty accurate for a snubby, I think. Haha. I can hit a soda can about 2 out of 6 in DA and bout 4 out of 6 in single action from about 20 yards or so.

#12 · (Edited)
I've handled two locally at a gun shop & a gun show. Both times I've walked away without one. Check the muzzle closely if you can. Look at the crown and see if it's even there?

The two I saw, looked as if someone took a pipe cutter and simply lopped off two inches of a four inch model. If so, that would explain the reports of accuracy issues on the snub nosed versions.

Just my real world experience from about 3 years ago. Hopefully EAA has addressed these issues and they are gone from the snubby line of vindicator pistols. That experience led me to purchase a Rossi instead & I'm very pleased I did.

Here's a picture of my 1st target shot with the Rossi right out of the box. A little piece of green sticker & I was shooting in the black consistently.

Very accurate & well made Pistol in my experience.

#15 ·
Very nice. I also pocket carry snubs. I see these Rossi's for sale at a great price, maybe I'll grab one to throw in the rotation :)

Reactions: FreeInAZ
#13 ·
I had the two inch .357 years ago. It was stout enough to launch full power 357mag rounds without the recoil being too unpleasant. It does have an excellent grip. Performed just fine for what I bought it for, truck gun. Apparently someone else thought so too. It grew legs and walked off one afternoon while I was at a construction site.

Reactions: jimb1972
#17 ·
Not to revive a dead discussion, but I was just googling this revolver for accessories and came across this forum and this particular discussion. I've owned the windicator for a little over a year, open carried in the gear state of pennsylvania, and have shot my fair share of rounds through "bertha". In my honest opinion for those who may still be curious, I absolutely love this gun!! It's a 2" snubby so it's not going to be terribly accurate at longer ranges, but for a self defense firearm and range gun, it's very reliable. I own the black version, the paint/bluing hasn't written off, I've even dropped it when cleaning after a day at the range and it hit a tile floor. Barely left a mark! It's comfortable to carry, fits nicely in the hand, recoil is manageable, can fire .38 spl and .357 mag, and if you run out of ammunition, you can always use it as a bludgeon!

If you get the opportunity to pick one up, I'd highly recommend it!

P.s.- Holsters are a little tough to find for this baby, but the "Bianchi #5 black widow" is an excellent fit for it. Though the leather clip goes over the hammer, it adds that little bit of extra security!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.