Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Palmetto State Armory advice????

19K views 53 replies 40 participants last post by  Bobbr3 
#1 ·
Anyone have any feedback, good or bad on this company. I ordered a lot of ammo (well its a lot for my budget) from this place since they were a sponsor of this site. It says on the website FAQ that it takes 2 days to ship. Well I call on the third day and they tell me it takes 3-4 because they are behind after the holidays. Ok I can buy that, but now it has been a full week and still nothing (no shipping number or confirmation, and I have a second order in also, so Im wondering should I give it some more time, or cancel my credit card payments. Can anyone offer some input on this company, this is my first time using them, and I am getting concerned....I really hope its a simple error and I am not about to get burned.. I sent an inquiry in to them through the site so I will see what happens tommorow...

Update, I was in touch with them today, and they explained that all shipments were held due to UPS not running with the weather in the southeast. She located my package, and verified it was ready, just waiting on UPS. I then recieved notice that UPS had finally picked it up, so the customer service was right on, and I am glad I recieved an answer I can live with. Due to the way they handled themselves, I will use them again for sure.....

#2 ·
Palmetto State Armory has been very good to me for the last 2 years. I always get what I ordered at a more then fair price. Sometimes they do get slamed with orders..like when they had a clearance sale on 30 round AR mags for $4.99. But they always get the boxes out, just not as fast as some of the bigger places sometimes.

I have no problems p[lacing business with them at all. PSA is very good to go!

#3 ·
UPS is running about 3 days behind here in the southeast due to the ice/snow storm.
I had an order from Ammunitiontogo that was scheduled for delivery on Monday, it arrived on Friday.
Now the difference and why i like Ammuntiontogo is that they and UPS notified me about the delay, the UPS notification was due to the request from Ammunitiontogo.
they actually notified me on two different days due to the non delivery by UPS.
thats customer service!

#6 ·
I have since recieved both orders from them, and couldnt be happier. The orders were both packaged well and right on the money with what I had ordered. Order three went in tonight.....you can beat the prices or the service :)

#7 ·
I'm finding PSA to be my "Go-To" for ammo. I've ordered parts and other stuff from them in the past also, and they've been great. As mentioned, they've been a little slower than usual due to the weather and heavy volume because of their AR business.

Buy with confidence.

John

#8 ·
PSA has always taken their sweet time getting things out the door. The good news; they have good prices and the items eventually reach the recipients. So the bottom line becomes;

If you are in a hurry to get something, try elsewhere, but if you have time and patience, you can save some money with PSA.

#9 ·
I haven't ordered from them, but have stopped in to buy bullets once.
I check the website to make sure if the item is in stock first.
Have not been there in quite some time, cash flow, ya know.

#10 ·
Don't they make AR's? I swear I was looking at buying a PSA one not so long ago....

#11 ·
I have seen their stripped lowers and complete uppers, can't ever say I saw a complete AR from them.

#13 ·
Since the holidays customer service has been very slow. Too big a business with too few employees. And I only live 90 miles from the place. The also charge your card when the order is placed, not when shipped. The only way Ill buy again is at the sales counter.

#16 ·
PSA is A+! Barring acts of god. A stand-up outfit with top notch business practices - among the best!

#17 ·
Had a slight problem with them lately. Ordered an AR barrel which they had listed as in stock. Got charged that day and allowed for the additional 15 days that they say it will take to ship. After 1 1/2 months and many failed calls and emails, I finally got through to CS and asked about it. Was told that their manufacturer had run into problems and had to basically start another run of barrels. So he had to admit to me that they were saying things were in stock when their vendors start production runs. All in all, took me about 2 1/2 months to get an in stock barrel. First and only problem I have had with them and with the culture now, I will give a mulligan since I have ordered from them before with no problems

#19 ·
PSA is an A+ company in all regards. Even the best systems are challenged in the current environment and weather is an act of god. Sounds like they were straight with you - about all you can ask right now AND not everyone is doing that! In a more stable environment they keep a solid inventory of top quality stock and have super CS in house. When I went looking for a 709 slim PSA had the lowest prices in the nation and that's in my pocket right now!! Again A+!!

Reactions: HD-Mike
#23 ·
I have ordered a lot of ammo from them before I started reloading and I too, like mingaa, went looking for a 709 Slim and found they had the best price. And just like mingaa, it is on my right hip as I type this. I steered a buddy to their site when they had the Sig P938 on sale at the best price he had seen. He bought it and is also a happy PSA customer. They do have very good prices and are a good company to do business with. I will say that they are not the quickest to ship an order, but they always come through.

#20 · (Edited)
I've been in their physical store from time to time. I buy there all the time and will continue to do so. When they have it, ammo prices are some of the best around.

#24 · (Edited)
PSA shipping IS sometimes slow DEPENDING ON their order backlog.....if/when they offer free shipping, they are flooded with literally THOUSANDS of orders. FREE SHIPPING.....That is when I usually order from them and it sometimes will take 2 weeks to get my order, but I have always got it. They have always emailed me to tell when the order ships with a tracking number.

Once I ordered some cheap 380 Blazer ammo (on sale w/ free shipping) that was shown in stock, then got an email saying it was temporally out of stock and on order.......When I called to complain that when I ordered it was shown as in stock, they apoligized and offered a refund of my money or to substitute Magtech instead and throw in a free box. :cool: Only problem with PSA is I spend to much of my damn money with 'em. (AND THEIR NOT A SPONSOR)

#28 ·
They have been slammed since the week before Black Friday and have been since. They do take a while to ship but they will get it to ya. Been a week and a half since I ordered the 809 and it hasn't shipped either

#31 ·
My 809 arrived Weds 1/08 ordered it on 12/24. BTW, spoke with their shipping folks today and he stated they were working on orders placed 12/27.

Shipping is my biggest complaint about PSA, firearms and lowers take 10-12 business days to leave their building. Don't even get me started on them charging $15 per firearm and them stuffing 2 of them in the same box with inadequate protection.

And yes their website is terrible without a means to filter out of stock items.

#30 ·
I wonder if UPS is slipping in their service a little lately? I shipped a package to my niece just before Christmas on a Friday and they were shipping it SPEE-DEE. They said I would probably get there on Tuesday. My niece called on Monday and said she had received the package and was thrilled with the gift I had sent her. That evidently says something for SPEE-DEE plus their rates were cheaper than UPS!

#32 ·
My 809 is supposed to get here on Monday, ordered on the 26th. They stated on their Facebook page that they are working 3 shifts and will probably have to add some shipping help soon. That is their absolute #1 complaint. I ordered a TCP from Larry's on Tuesday and it came in on yesterday so they know they are lagging. Shipping prices haven't been that big of a deal with me as it is 2 day shipping and many places charge more, some do free however. All my packages seem to come well packaged and protected so maybe you got a Friday afternoon shipment

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.