Palmetto State Armory advice???? - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Palmetto State Armory advice????

Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    I have bought a lot from PSA but I'm getting really tired of their recent performance.
    Last month I ordered a package of 500 cleaned brass and 500 FMJ plated bullets in a .30 ammo can.
    It arrived in a plastic cheapo can, not the metal GI can shown in the pic. An email was dispatched asking about the mixup- about a month ago- no reply.
    I currently have an order placed on 12/4 that I have not received any word on- but they do say shipping can take up to 10 days..well I'm at 15 days and still showing as "processing".
    BTW I am local and pick up my orders when they are ready- so shipping time isn't an issue.
    Last edited by rhinoh; 12-19-2014 at 05:51 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    565 times
    Not to anymore but..............

I've made my last internet purchase from PSA. I'm local as well but my last order was just that, my last.

2 items, both shown in stock, neither of them was a SN item, neither of them required any assembly. Just pick the thing up, wrap it in paper and put it in a box, call FedEx. Really not that hard, heck Primary Arms will do it the same day if you order before 2:00 pm. I get stuff from PA 2 to 3 days after ordering and they are 1,068 miles away in Pearland, TX.

PSA 60 miles south of me takes 21 days and 2 boxes to send a BCG and a forend.

Since I am local, I will stop in when we travel down to Ft Jackson, but I can't put up with the piss poor shipping and customer service that they provide the online customers.
    Ret CW3 US Army Pilot

Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Yeah they are a very oddly run outfit. I've asked a few times about matching their online prices in the store. The Columbia Fernandina store always says NO, they even have a sign up behind the gun counter to that effect.
    But a few weeks ago I stopped in their Ridgeland store after a camping trip at Hunting Island. They had a FNX-45 on hand.
    I already had one on order via the internet but had never actually seen or held one in person.
    I remarked- too bad you don't match your online price- which was $100 less than in store.
    The guy said- we sure do!
    WTH? So I walked out with it and cancelled the online order!

ADDED IN EDIT-
    Well now I'm really displeased with them- some of the items I ordered 19 days ago they just dropped the price by 40%! They say one can't edit or change an order only cancel it if not yet shipped. But if I cancel it then some of the other items are no longer available and can't be placed on a new order...
    Last edited by rhinoh; 12-21-2014 at 04:14 AM.
    Fishinkeylargo likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1462 times
    They do have good prices.. even on ammo.. but the customer service at there "warehouse" location is the main issue with the company. Also when they run out of an advertised item they "do not" take it off their web site which also makes people unhappy.. as some of you have seen. Now the other PSA store location here: 3760 Fernandina Road, Columbia, SC 29210 (803) 551-2680 is really great! I think there are a lot of ex-military guys who work there.. they always give me great professional courtesy when I go there.. even asking them questions on ammo and firearms. REally great. You can also "try" and see if they can help you out.. not sure if they can push the warehouse people to react like they should in regards to over all service.

My 2 cents

Member #
    Liked
    216 times
    Yes the do and they are pretty nice.

I picked up a PSA complete mid length upper last year with hammer forged barrel for a song!

their shipping is slow as molasses on a cold day though.
    Justice06RR likes this.
    "The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"

-- George Washington

Member #
    Liked
    655 times
    What are you willing to sacrifice for low prices???

PSA is known exactly for that. Shipping and CS will suffer because of this. Primary Arms does have good prices too, but not as cheap as PSA.

I bought a complete 16" midlength AR upper (w/o BCG) for $199 shipped before the holiday rush. Even with my AR building skills, I can't build an AR15 upper for under $230. It arrived in less than 2weeks which was great. You can't expect anything less than 10-12day shipping during peak season. If you get your product in 2weeks you are lucky and should be happy esp this time of year. You also can't expect them to price-match or lower the cost of the item if you bought it a week ago and the price went down after you bought it.

Same goes for companies like Keltec or Taurus. Cheap and somewhat decent product but lack of CS and parts.

Pick one: Cheap or Good CS?

You usually can't have both. That is the reason name brand companies like Smith and Wesson, Glock, Daniel Defense, or larger Retailers like Aim or Midway will always have higher prices, but their service and shipping is top notch.
    Fortune Favors the Brave.

Do not be overcome by Evil, but overcome Evil with Good.

Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Justice06RR View Post
    You can't expect anything less than 10-12day shipping during peak season.

You also can't expect them to price-match or lower the cost of the item if you bought it a week ago and the price went down after you bought it.
    I certainly can expect that.
    I may have "bought" it but they haven't "provided" it. So if they are currently selling for 40% less I certainly do expect them to lower the price since they have YET to deliver, on an order they say to allow 10 days for and it has been 20. I have been told by a local manager they process local pickup orders in 8 days, and in my experience that is pretty accurate.
    If they had already shipped I can see perhaps not doing that, although many business's will price match if they lower it within 30 days.
    I have done it before and they were happy to adjust the price. I called once after I ordered some bulk 5.56- the price dropped $100 after my order. I was going to cancel and then reorder at the new lower price. When the guy asked why I was canceling he happily agreed to adjust the price- problem solved. Now if they don't want to lower the price that is fine, then cancel the order. I already placed another order at the new 40% lower price which will stand whether or not they adjust the old overdue order.

Anyway- I tried to cancel (or modify) the order yesterday but could not get through to them, the phone is answered with a generic announcement to enter the extension desired, it says this 3 times then hangs up, total time of 43 seconds. Tried about 20 times all through the day. That is not their normal message so I don't know what is going on there....

BTW I have 4 outstanding orders with them at this point- I'm now getting concerned about one purchase- a Para 1911 with a $100 rebate they featured in a one day deal...I'm hoping it shows up in time to still get the rebate but at the rate they are going it may not. I don't want it if the rebate is lost due to their slow "shipping" speed. Actually I'm local so I do warehouse pickup, they call me when it is ready.
    NCSmokey likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1462 times

Pick one: Cheap or Good CS?

You usually can't have both.
    LOL.. Uh.. ya.. you can have both and most certainly need to have great CS no matter what. A lack of CS means a loss of customers, which means less sales and eventually out of business.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyTom View Post
    LOL.. Uh.. ya.. you can have both and most certainly need to have great CS no matter what. A lack of CS means a loss of customers, which means less sales and eventually out of business.
    Well, first, Justice used the qualifier "usually," he didn't say "never". But secondly, and more importantly, in business, at least successful business, it's all about trade-offs. I agree completely with you that you should always provide good CS, whether your business model is to sell top line or bottom line products, as taking care of the customer should be king in my mind. Regardless, I know businessmen who have made millions by providing next to no CS at all, but out-cheaping the competition. If the price is cheap enough, some are willing to take a chance, even knowing they might get hosed by crappy CS.

I mean, it's just common sense that you have to pay your employees more to care, and assuming the rest of the playing field is level, i.e., we're talking about selling the exact same products, for our example, say, a DPMS upper or 1,000 rounds of Lake City 5.56 62 grain ball, green tip penetrator, the guy with better CS has to pay more to provide it, so he'll have to charge more for the products. The absolute cheapest places to find the exact same products rarely provide as good CS as the places that charge a little more.

Sometimes I'll pay just a bit more to order from a place like Midway, Aim or Primary Arms, just because of the CS.

Now as for the PSA question, which is why I checked this thread out anyway, I think they're one of the most interesting retailers on the net, as they have a HUGE number of polar opposite opinions out there, depending on which site you happen to be on. It's strange. I've never had an issue with them, but have always found it interesting that they have a large number of people who swear by them, and an equally large number who run them down as incompetent, apathetic, or worse. Usually there is a clear weight of opinion one way or the other with a retailer over 5 or 6 relevant sites, but I've always marveled at the wide divergence of opinions on PSA. You hardly ever hear, "They're OK, I guess. Not great, not bad." It's either, "They stink!" or "They're awesome!"

What I've read here may explain it. I'd wondered if in fact they had several people in CS, and some were jerks, while others were reasonable, or if the management changed and policies changed when that occurred, but here, it seems it may in fact be different locations which are run differently, and thus, it may go back to who you talk to. One board that I frequent that thinks they hung the moon have a contact through the board that they use, and they all seem to be happy with the way they're treated.

Member #
    Liked
    565 times
    You also can't expect them to price-match or lower the cost of the item if you bought it a week ago and the price went down after you bought it.
    I've got to take exception to that.

A company that wants your business will. I ordered the rail for my AR pistol from Primary Arms on the 19th of Nov, got it 2 days later and then on the 9th of Dec I noticed they had it on sale.

Sent an eMail to their [email protected] address on whether they offered a low price guarantee on their products. Within 6 minutes I had a reply that they would give me a store credit for the difference. I said that would be great (like I won't buy more gun parts) and within 13 minutes of my first email my account showed the $27+ credit.

Try to get PSA to answer an email within 13 days.....
    rhinoh likes this.
    Ret CW3 US Army Pilot

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Sponsored Links