Spectrum's future?
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Spectrum's future?

Member #
    Liked
    98 times

Spectrum's future?

I had the opportunity to speak with a Taurus factory representative today at the Great American Outdoors Show in Harrisburg PA. I noted that the Spectrum was not on display (as it has been the past few years). The rep stated that while Taurus supposedly has enough parts pre-made and in-stock to make more Spectrums, the company does not anticipate continuing production at this time. Apparently, this is largely in response to the bargain-basement Spectrum prices lately (his opinion or fact, I'm not sure). The fellow did go on to express some regret with the direction of Taurus as he likes Spectrum on a personal-use level.

Our mileage may vary, but I thought it interesting [though not unexpected] news from the Taurus factory rep and wished to share.

Member #
    Liked
    11818 times
    Thanks for the heads up.
    BE YOURSELF - EVERYONE ELSE IS TAKEN

cnj
    Member #
    Liked
    541 times
    As an early adopter of the Spectrum, I had expressed hope that Taurus would release a Spectrum II (a new model where the light strike issue had been resolved, and possibly with a few other minor improvements). I still say that it is the best ergonomically designed mini-pistol ever made (for my hand, anyway). It's too bad the reliability wasn't there. Now, it is likely too late. The gun's reputation precedes it.
    Rossi R98 Plinker 6" barrel
    Taurus G2S Brown/Black
    A few others

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    33459 times
    This explains why it's not on their web site any more.
    "It is wonderful, in the event of a street fight, how few bullets seem to hit the men they are aimed at." Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail, Theodore Roosevelt, 1888

Member #
    Liked
    35100 times
    It's a t'was ever thus' of the human race......when they've finally got somethin' good and that really works, they have to do away with it. This is why all of the ancient, so-called advanced civilizations became extinct. I've had two small glitches with mine, a few light strikes and several FTL, at first. For the light strikes, I switched ammo and haven't had one since. The FTL was my own doing, finally realized the top round in the mag wasn't fully seated. In both mags, the last round goes in kinda' hard and occasionally I failed to push it all the way back. It was barely noticeable, maybe .020" but it was just enough to cause it to snag on the ramp. Since I began paying attention to that, it hasn't happened again.
    GhostHorse and Jake3501 like this.
    Ammo will get you through times of no money, better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

I miss my 286.

#Neverwarren

Welfare...funding the illegal drug trade since 1935.

Member #
    Liked
    1190 times
    Maybe I ought to buy 1/2 dozen more of them... Betting that prices will rise someday
    kschilk likes this.
    USAF 1976-79
    Deplorable 2016-Present

Member #
    Liked
    35100 times
    Quote Originally Posted by IowaShooter View Post
    Maybe I ought to buy 1/2 dozen more of them... Betting that prices will rise someday
    I got mine at RK, on sale for $119 but $140 out the door. I checked today and it varies by color but they were much higher priced and all colors were sold out.
    Ammo will get you through times of no money, better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

I miss my 286.

#Neverwarren

Welfare...funding the illegal drug trade since 1935.

cnj
    Member #
    Liked
    541 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostHorse View Post
    This explains why it's not on their web site any more.
    Still there: https://www.taurususa.com/firearms/p...urus-spectrum/
    Qwiks draw likes this.
    Rossi R98 Plinker 6" barrel
    Taurus G2S Brown/Black
    A few others

Member #
    Liked
    192 times
    Sadly Taurus produces too many new models each year, very difficult to maintain quality control in that manner. I enjoy my spectrum and will continue to use until she gives out or can't find parts.
    jlewis39, olfarhors and oso like this.

Member #
    Liked
    9041 times
    Looks like the Spectrum is going the way of the dodo bird for sure. There are NO .380ACP pistols in the Taurus 1st edition catalog. The catalog is heavy on revolvers.

https://www.taurususa.com/wp-content...20_Volume1.pdf

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links