Spectrum's future? - Page 7
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: Spectrum's future?

Member #
    Liked
    3829 times
    Quote Originally Posted by IowaShooter View Post
    I liked the double action like long trigger (like a kahr pistol) and especially liked the second strike capability

LCPs were a little skinny for me to feel comfortable with. I suppose a Hogue handall would fix that however.
    Yeah, they are like holding a one by two, but even with my size 11 hands, I can shoot them well.
    Are we there yet?
    USMC 83'-87'
    Indiana CCW, Utah CCW
    NRA Member

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    I have a spectrum. I ordered the exact color combo I wanted. Glad I did before specific colors became hard to find. I liked Taurus’s website showing all the color combinations possible.

I have all the same complaints about it as everyone else. Failure to feeds have been the main complaint. Very common. The other is that reassembly with the recoil spring is a Herculean task, but I’m getting better at it. When inserting a mag, it gets blocked by the mag release button, but I just press the mag release button and hold it while I inset the mag past that point. Sights are beyond minimal, but that doesn’t bother me. I think of this as a point and shoot point blank self defense gun.

Overall it’s a nice little gun. I enjoy shooting it, though the FTF (feed) can be annoying. It’s soft shooting. And comfortable with either the extended mag or the flat bottom.

I have never had a failure to fire. It fires every time for me with every brand of round I’ve tried. The Real issue is getting it to chamber.

I would hate to see the Spectrum go away. It’s definitely worth improving and not cutting from the line up. Definitely fills a niche.

Member #
    Liked
    108 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick 76 View Post
    ...Sights are beyond minimal, but that doesn’t bother me. I think of this as a point and shoot point blank self defense gun.

Overall it’s a nice little gun. I enjoy shooting it...It’s soft shooting. And comfortable with either the extended mag or the flat bottom.

I have never had a failure to fire. It fires every time for me with every brand of round I’ve tried...I would hate to see the Spectrum go away. It’s definitely worth improving and not cutting from the line up. Definitely fills a niche.

Absolutely agree!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    47524 times
    Received confirmation from a Taurus representative that the Spectrum is still in production. So the immediate future looks positive for it.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

The 2nd amendment is not about hunting or shooting sports, it is about the citizens of this country having the means to protect themselves and the states from the tyranny, oppression, and misery of an over powering government. Modern rifles are a means for the citizens to stand up to an over powering government.

Member #
    Liked
    28079 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishinkeylargo View Post
    Received confirmation from a Taurus representative that the Spectrum is still in production. So the immediate future looks positive for it.
    Isn't it the only small pocket sized poly pistol in 380 that Taurus makes?
    while the semi sub compact 9 MM is the rage right now the 380 in that package is still selling pretty well, so until something new comes along I imagine they keep it in manufacture.
    would not be surprised to see it come out in 22lR to be honest, but they could do themselves and the customer a lot of good by working out the bugs in the gun first.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    35650 times
    Quote Originally Posted by olfarhors View Post
    Isn't it the only small pocket sized poly pistol in 380 that Taurus makes?
    while the semi sub compact 9 MM is the rage right now the 380 in that package is still selling pretty well, so until something new comes along I imagine they keep it in manufacture.
    would not be surprised to see it come out in 22lR to be honest, but they could do themselves and the customer a lot of good by working out the bugs in the gun first.
    Consistency is my main concern. Some have issues, some don't and frankly, I'd feel better about them if they all had issues and the same issues. When something's hit & miss like that, it's hard to nail down where the problem truly lies and makes it harder to correct.
    olfarhors likes this.
    Ammo will get you through times of no money, better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

Member #
    Liked
    28079 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kschilk View Post
    Consistency is my main concern. Some have issues, some don't and frankly, I'd feel better about them if they all had issues and the same issues. When something's hit & miss like that, it's hard to nail down where the problem truly lies and makes it harder to correct.
    don't disagree one bit!
    you know my feelings about consistency (quality Control ) and taurus.
    that's why I went in a different direction for my 380 and 9 MM pocket carry guns.
    HappyTom likes this.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    108 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishinkeylargo View Post

That's great news; I was hopeful that the factory rep I spoke with in February was mistaken. Thank you for the update!
    Fishinkeylargo likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    80 times
    I Have the TCP & the Spectrum , and was wondering if you could put a front sight on the gun? and which sight?

Member #
    Liked
    9118 times
    Glad to see that the Spectrum will be still offered and made by Taurus.

With the large surge in gun buying across the USA there is need for a .380 pistol more than ever. Taurus will sell a boatload or two of SPECTRUMS.

BIG AL, take that question and start another thread. You'll get more and better answers if you do.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Sponsored Links