Spectrum's future? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Spectrum's future?

Member #
    Liked
    68 times
    Small 380's in general have been getting cheaper and cheaper. Locally at Sportsman's I can get a Beretta Pico 380 for $178. I see occasional deals on the LCP in sub-$200 prices too.
    PT22, 85 Poly, 865, 605, M44.... what's next?!

Member #
    Liked
    27372 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 357Funtime View Post
    Small 380's in general have been getting cheaper and cheaper. Locally at Sportsman's I can get a Beretta Pico 380 for $178. I see occasional deals on the LCP in sub-$200 prices too.
    well that kind of depends ,at least in these parts.
    for example the Pico mentioned never has been a very good seller here, as I understand not great seller much of anywhere?
    of course weapons that are older discontinued models or even models that are fairly current but being discontinued have reduced prices to clear them off the distributors shelves.
    but look at others like the Kimber 380, Sig 238, even the Springfield Armory 911 and they are holding their pricing and resale quite well in these parts.
    kel tec and SCCY seem to be pretty stable in their prices as well here.
    oso likes this.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    88 times
    Quote Originally Posted by NotSo View Post
    If you should happen to see that Taurus rep again...

Alas, this is my once yearly Great American Outdoors Show visit in Harrisburg PA. I won't get a chance to see that many Taurus factory reps until around this time next year. Sorry.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    95 times
    Not a fan of 380s (Ammo cost VS 9MM and not that much difference in carry or shooting).

That said, I bought a Spectrum when doing a trade in (Hi-Point 380) thinking I might want to Pocket Carry the Spectrum some time and the Hi-Point not much good for carry.

Anyway, had problems with the Spectrum sent back to TAURUS twice (once for Fail to Fire, seemed to be fixed), then developed a Lock Back while Shooting (they fixed that - and changed the striker assy's as well). In other words Taurus fixed both issues.

Gun has been reliable since (except last time at the range, I had a stove pipe).

I do like shooting it and seems very accurate (for defense situation - never really tested it for target shooting other than free hand with aim vs point / aim). It seems accurate despite the Trigger Pull (scratchy and some force).

I would shoot it more, but hate paying price for extra AMMO. Best I ever did was get some Federal 380 on the Black Friday Rebate Deal for like $0.20 (+ a bit) per round and same time the 9MM was $0.14 (+ a bit) per round.

Shoot a 100 rounds is $6 +/_ difference.

Guess I will keep it as not worth much sell or trade. My deal at trade was $169.99 price and $35 Rebate (so $134.99 plus tax difference on trade and background check). That was a couple years ago.

Member #
    Liked
    22922 times
    Gee, I'm still mourning the TCP 738 and here they go killing off it's replacement...but I did notice Bud's still has 738's, believe it or not. I think it's just a tough sales environment and maybe the G2 is at a price point where it's cannibalizing some Spectrum sales.
    Definition of clip

1: any of various devices that grip, clasp, or hook
    2: a device to hold cartridges for charging the magazines of some rifles; also : a magazine from which ammunition is fed into the chamber of a firearm.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/clip

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Um, I helped pay for those bridges you have in N.Y., with my tolls, over the years! Thank God we no longer live there, and thank God for Florida!

Member #
    Liked
    34 times
    Good post. On any semi I shoot, before I insert mag I tap the back side on a hard surface which seems to make any of them feed better and lines all the rounds up.

Member #
    Liked
    27372 times
    Quote Originally Posted by chiklitmanfan View Post
    Good post. On any semi I shoot, before I insert mag I tap the back side on a hard surface which seems to make any of them feed better and lines all the rounds up.
    HMM? ok a friend wanted me to ask--SO exactly what happens after the first shot an the recoil re-arranges all that?
    it must be true though cause I have seen in a lot of Army Movies.
    oso likes this.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    The Spectrum is still listed on their website as of today 2-15-2020.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    46820 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cnj View Post
    OK, why am I seeing it in the bottom left of the link you posted?
    I did not see it in the line up. I see it now???? Guess I missed it.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

The 2nd amendment is not about hunting or shooting sports, it is about the citizens of this country having the means to protect themselves and the states from the tyranny, oppression, and misery of an over powering government. Modern rifles are a means for the citizens to stand up to an over powering government.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links