New Spectrum arrived today - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: New Spectrum arrived today

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    I paid $140. for mine, with free shipping from Bud's Gun Shop, it's a tan and brown combo. I always let my shooting buds give it a try, at the Range, but they all want to take it home with them! Even surprised myself a few weeks back, by posting 49/50 score at 50 feet, from a rest!, with commercial ammo. Haven't found any handloads it "likes" yet, but have lots more combos to try.
    Gteat little gun, especially for that price!

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Olfarhors, thanks for the .380 recipe that you got such good accuracy with, will load up a batch and try them in my five .380s! I have found one good load so far, usng the Lee 105 Gr. LRN sized to .356, over 2.5 Gr. of Bullseye, (OAL is .940, you have to seat them a little deeper, because of the Lee bullet ogive/profile, to get them to chamber and feed O.K., no pressure problems. I ran these over my Chrony and the average MV was 843 f.p.s.. If you'd like to give these bullets a try, say the word and I'll send you 10 to try, on my dime.
    Cheers,
    Honcho
    Last edited by FRED WAHL; Yesterday at 02:22 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    27321 times
    Quote Originally Posted by FRED WAHL View Post
    Olfarhors, thanks for the .380 recipe that you got such good accuracy with, will load up a batch and try them in my five .380s! I have found one good load so far, usng the Lee 105 Gr. LRN sized to .356, over 2.5 Gr. of Bullseye, (OAL is .940, you have to seat them a little deeper, because of the Lee bullet ogive/profile, to get them to chamber and feed O.K., no pressure problems. I ran these over my Chrony and the average MV was 843 f.p.s.. If you'd like to give these bullets a try, say the word and I'll send you 10 to try, on my dime.
    Cheers,
    Honcho
    U B Welcome and the OAL is .975.
    and I do appreciate the offer of the bolletts but I don't shoot anyones reloads except mine--you know I have mentioned the Paranoia thing!---
    this is about the only load that I use unique in actually, but its a great powder to have in case the world comes to an end and you need to reload a slingshot or make an Atomic Bomb, its extremely versatile.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    184 times
    Got my new indigo Spectrum yesterday and took it to the range today. I'll post a report tomorrow.
    Anyway, here's the best reload of the day. Lee 95 grain round nose flat point sized to .357". Six rounds shot from a rest at 10 yards and just under one inch. I'd be happy to share the recipe but my data sheet was taken by a whirlwind and neither my wife or I saw where it went. We looked for an hour with no luck. Powder was either Sport Pistol, CFE Pistol or Autocomp. You can bet I'll test them all again.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links