Spectrum Accuracy - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Spectrum Accuracy

Member #
    Liked
    207 times
    Agree, however when someone does post info. on bench resting a pistol I do enjoy reading although my bench rest time is with target rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by olfarhors View Post
    well we all have our takes on different subjects.
    myself I could give a rats back end how a carry gun prints off a rest as I never ever carry sand bags or a ransom rest on me.
    sure it may be fun IF you are just curious about accuracy but to me on a carry pistol it means nothing, I am interested in how it prints when the human factor is added in.
    Rifles and (target pistols) well yea I rest them and test for accuracy, specially rifles.

Member #
    Liked
    23444 times
    Quote Originally Posted by olfarhors View Post
    well we all have our takes on different subjects.
    myself I could give a rats back end how a carry gun prints off a rest as I never ever carry sand bags or a ransom rest on me.
    sure it may be fun IF you are just curious about accuracy but to me on a carry pistol it means nothing, I am interested in how it prints when the human factor is added in.
    Rifles and (target pistols) well yea I rest them and test for accuracy, specially rifles.
    I've only ever sandbag tested target guns, where it matters. Accuracy is almost irrelevant for self defense. In fact I can honestly say I've never seen a handgun so inaccurate that it wasn't suitable for self defense.

My primary interest in shooting is not, and has never been, self-defense.
    olfarhors likes this.
    Definition of clip

1: any of various devices that grip, clasp, or hook
    2: a device to hold cartridges for charging the magazines of some rifles; also : a magazine from which ammunition is fed into the chamber of a firearm.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/clip

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    I bought two 380's in the latter '80's, they were/are worlds apart, Browning BDA 380 and S&W Sigma 380, the BDA was great and the Sigma had a lot of warts. That caused me to buy a lot of pocket 380's looking for what I liked. I now have a full dozen pocket 380s including two G-42's (Cause the wife won't allow me to touch hers, unless it's dirty) and of course a Spectrum.. All are reliable or it/they would be at the factory. None have been.
    A Spectrum is my son's carry gun, I no longer carry 380's except at home, A Springfield 911 shoved my Colt Mustang XSP off the top. My 911 is my most accurate 380. All have redeeming qualities All mine go bang every time. Only my Kahr CW-380 has been picky with ammo, I just feed it what it likes.
    I like the spectrum, but it is barely in the top half of my pack. I will say the bargains are the RM-380 and the Spectrum.
    BangBang likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Thanks for sharing!
    Stuff I like: raeind.com best mag loaders AND customer service
    plinktarget.com - amazing steel targets
    Alex Roderick - Veteran, father, if I tell you any more I'll have to kill you

Member #
    Liked
    7090 times
    Quote Originally Posted by glenwolde View Post
    I've worked with quite a few .380's, and I've found it to be a remarkably accurate cartridge. I'm often told that's because most are blowback operated and hence have a fixed barrel. But I've worked with enough that are conventional locked-breech designs to know that's not the only explanation. I really like the cartridge. Especially in the larger guns.
    I agree completely! I find the 380 to be very accurate but as has been said they really shine in the larger guns. I have a lot of 380 pistols and to be honest the two that are my favorites are the Grand Power and the Beretta Cheetah. Both of these guns have a larger frame and combining that with the or low recoil of the 380 caliber give you a very accurate handgun. Both guns are considered expensive by most shooters, especially when compared with the small under $200 guns, so there are not a lot of them seen at the range.

Both of the guns make a very nice carry package...

Don
    olfarhors likes this.
    Are we the only country dumb enough to start a second civil war because we are offended by the first one?

Member #
    Liked
    146 times
    Thanks for the info. I also am a stickler for accuracy. I've always used a barrel rest. Once with a TC Contender in 444 Marlin, I also rested the grip on the bench. After replacing the third grip screw, I learned my lesson.

Knowing the actual accuracy of a gun certainly allows a shooter to know his shooting ability. I've seen articles in gun rags stating a guns accuracy. They were shooting off hand. I am convinced they wer only bragging about their shooting ability and did not represent the gun's accuracy.
    2nd Amendment Patriot.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links