Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By oldtimer
  • 4 Post By Smokewagon

Thread: Magazine Lock

Member #
    Liked
    7 times

Magazine Lock

Before I purchased my Spectrum, I noticed on all of the YouTube videos reviewing it that the magazine appeared to require being smacked in order to get it to seat or lock in place properly. I ran across one reviewer who held in the release button while inserting the magazine, which got it past the catch midway, but it still required a health smack to get it to lock properly. Then I was watching a review in which a gentleman was addressing another issue, but mentioned he had a cure for the required hit in another video, but was unable to find it. Has anyone figured out how to adjust or modify things so the magazine seats w/o having to hit it?

Member #
    Liked
    209 times
    Most guns require some push, bump or hit to lock mag. also same with many rifles, actually it good to have a tight fit, I find little force is needed with my spectrum however I tend to use heel of hand to insert mags in all my auto pistols. If your new to pistols practice is key.
    loudviking and olfarhors like this.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    35832 times
    I have some that easily seat, and some that need a bump. I give them all a healthy tap to to assure myself they are indeed seated.
    ​All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife.

Texas friendly, spoken here.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    As mentioned above - something that I'm not used to needing. Thanks.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    If the slide is locked back and the magazine release is pressed then the mag will seat perfectly. If the slide is closed and the mag release button is pressed then the mag will need a bump to get it to seat correctly. I haven’t come across any trick to avoid this.

Sponsored Links