Slide gets stuck closed intermittently
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By GhostHorse

Thread: Slide gets stuck closed intermittently

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Slide gets stuck closed intermittently

Hi All! First time posting here. I have a peculiar problem with my Spectrum that I was wondering if anyone else has seen. Occasionally the slide will get stuck in the closed position. I've noticed this can happen if I have been carrying it and then try to unload it. The mag drops fine but when I try to cycle the slide it seems to be stuck shut. In order to get it unloaded I have to turn the take down screw and pull the slide off. Then I push and wiggle the piece I have outlined in the square below. Once I do this I put the slide back on and most of the time the slide works at that point. Any thoughts on this one?

Name:  Slide.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  53.1 KB

Supporting Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    7797 times
    Quote Originally Posted by horikor View Post
    Hi All! First time posting here. I have a peculiar problem with my Spectrum that I was wondering if anyone else has seen. Occasionally the slide will get stuck in the closed position. I've noticed this can happen if I have been carrying it and then try to unload it. The mag drops fine but when I try to cycle the slide it seems to be stuck shut. In order to get it unloaded I have to turn the take down screw and pull the slide off. Then I push and wiggle the piece I have outlined in the square below. Once I do this I put the slide back on and most of the time the slide works at that point. Any thoughts on this one?

Clean the gun really well, scrub the block well that you have outlined and work it in and out, may have a small burr...............
    And no, have not had that problem..................
    There are "four boxes" that can be employed to resist the downfall of America, the ballot box, the soap box, the jury box and, lastly, the ammo box.

Member #
    Liked
    34847 times
    Two thoughts, from someone looking at the insides of a Spectrum for the first time.

1. That tab looks to me like it's mean to interact with another tab in the frame. If so, how does that tab look? If it's chipped or bent or broken, there's your answer.

2. Not long ago, ALL Taurus handguns had the Taurus Safety System. I'm not 100% sure that's still true, and I don't see a TSS keyhole in any pictures of the Spectrum. But if it came with TSS keys, make sure the system is totally disengaged.

Those are my first thoughts, for whatever they are worth.
    brojohn likes this.
    "It is wonderful, in the event of a street fight, how few bullets seem to hit the men they are aimed at." Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail, Theodore Roosevelt, 1888

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    206 times
    Any chance your using steel case ammo. I've had it do weird stuff to autos/

Member #
    Liked
    58 times
    Quote Originally Posted by horikor View Post
    That’s the firing pin block, a safety feature that prevents the firing pin from reaching the primer unless the trigger is fully to the rear. The disconnector (in the frame) pushes that up at the very end of the trigger pull, which allows the firing pin to fly forward and fire the gun. It shouldn't take much force at all to move it; if yours sticks, that could be the cause of your problem.

Member #
    Liked
    7096 times
    Welcome from South Texas.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links