The good, the bad and the ugly - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: The good, the bad and the ugly

Member #
    Liked
    5315 times
    Yeah, if it shoots fine for you then great. The 738 I had was a jam-o-matic. NOTHING would run in it. Tried everything. I think I just got a lemon. So I traded it at Cabela's for a new LCPII and never looked back. The Ruger has been sold from Day 1 and runs whatever I feed it. I'm kinda' soured on any 380 that comes out of Taurus.
    Taurus PT111G2 - Ruger LCPII - Charter Undercover .38 Spc - M'berg Mav88 Pistol Grip - M'berg 715T - Charles Daly Superior 12g O/U Trap - Heritage Rough Rider .22LR/WMR - Henry Classic Lever .22LR - Marlin 336W .30-30 Lever - Phoenix HP22LR - NAA .22WMR Mini-Revolver w/ Pocket Clip - GSG 1911-22 - H&R Young American .32 Safety Hammer NF (circa 1890)

USCG '77-'83 Semper Paratus - CGC Point Evans WPB82376 - MSO LA/LB SaR & Drug Interdiction Response Team

NRA / Tx LTC

Member #
    Liked
    515 times
    I will take a well functioning firearm any day over a firearm that just looks good but not dependable,JMO .
    Ickthus and jlewis39 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    32001 times
    I'd have to see a picture before rendering an opinion.

And Ickthus, that was a great story!
    "It is wonderful, in the event of a street fight, how few bullets seem to hit the men they are aimed at." Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail, Theodore Roosevelt, 1888

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    29628 times
    If you'd bought it for bulls-eye or Olympic competition I could see getting your panties in a wad.

But for card table distance social occasions 100% reliability and minute-of-felon accuracy is good enough for me.
    jlewis39, william and Car_Doc like this.
    NULLI SECUNDUS

Member #
    Liked
    969 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostHorse View Post
    I'd have to see a picture before rendering an opinion.

And Ickthus, that was a great story!
    Truth is stranger than fiction. My life is full of truths. Ask anyone, they will tell you. "That strange dude over there tells the truth.

Member #
    Liked
    1133 times
    Quote Originally Posted by chefduane View Post
    Yeah, if it shoots fine for you then great. The 738 I had was a jam-o-matic. NOTHING would run in it. Tried everything. I think I just got a lemon. So I traded it at Cabela's for a new LCPII and never looked back. The Ruger has been sold from Day 1 and runs whatever I feed it. I'm kinda' soured on any 380 that comes out of Taurus.
    I'm with you, Chefduane. My 738 started out jamming on the last round in the magazine every time. After a long break-in period, that included about 1,000 dry cycles while watching TV, it finally started to work the way it was suppose to. Then after only one year, it began to have random FTE's. Soon I couldn't get through one magazine without at least one FTE, and sometimes three. I thought there was something wrong with the extractor. I couldn't send it back to the company at that time because I was getting ready to move.

In the meantime, I bought a Ruger LCP-II. I was amazed at how similar the LCP-II was to the 738. Yet the LCP-II was extremely reliable. It shot anything I fed it, and never had a failure of any kind. When I finally sent my 738 back to Taurus, they said they couldn't repair it and offered me a new Spectrum as replacement. I asked if I could get a new G2C instead, and they approved.

Now I have a G2C to augment my G2 for IWB concealed carry, and a Ruger LCP-II for those times when a small pocket carry is a better option.
    I'm happy!
    chefduane likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    3317 times
    Quote Originally Posted by chefduane View Post
    Chunk it and get a Ruger LCP or LCP II. Just sayin'.
    Yeah, I have two of the LCP's. Never got all that excited about the Spectrum.
    chefduane likes this.
    Are we there yet?
    USMC 83'-87'
    Indiana CCW, Utah CCW
    NRA Member

Member #
    Liked
    178 times
    Strange my TCP has been excellent from day one. The 10-11 oz firearms need lots of lube and a tight grip especially when new.
    taurustoter and olfarhors like this.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    My Spectrum is super accurate, the perfect size and it shoots well with no issues. The trigger feels alittle gritty when dry firing, but at the range, I forget about it when putting rounds through it. It is my EDC.
    Czechbikr and taurustoter like this.

Member #
    Liked
    518 times
    Didn't Clint Eastwood have a movie "For a Few Dollars More" and then "A Fistfull of Dollars"

http://www.mkgandhi.org/nonviolence/...he%20sword.htm

...When my eldest son asked me what he should have done, had he been present when I was almost fatally assaulted in 1908, whether he should have run away and seen me killed or whether he should have used his physical force which he could and wanted to use, and defended me, I told him that it was his duty to defend me even by using violence. Gandhi.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links