Spectrum IWB Holster
    Member #
    Liked
    437 times

Spectrum IWB Holster

Found a new kydex holster for my Spectrum, for less than $19 delivered. On the Bay of all places....... And it even covers the slide on the skin side! https://www.ebay.com/itm/112151564264

I don't use a holster often for the lil Tauri, but it's nice to have them for when you want them. They go in a DiSantis, when they go in my pocket.
    AKA Phil Jungels
    U. S. Army Medic, Vietnam, 66-67

"The real answer is more bullets!" Me, 2001

Member #
    Liked
    80 times
    Glad to hear you found a holster you enjoy.

Shortly after receiving my Spectrum (which was within the first months of its release from Taurus), I was in a quandary trying to locate a suitable non-leather IWB holster specific to the Spectrum. I finally settled on the Clinger V3 Stingray. (I did an informal review here: https://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/c...-spectrum.html ). If I remember correctly, the Clinger was a bit more pricey than what you found, though they look very similar.

Member #
    Liked
    437 times
    I don't remember if the "Clinger" model is their one with a covered slide on the skin side. I know they had two different ones.

I really like Kydex for IWB concealed carry. Impervious to moisture, reasonable comfortable, tough as nails, very nice function relating to release and retention, easy to clean, and on, and on, and on. I like the minimalist ones the best, and prefer the steel belt clip, over the nylon, for retention on my belt, of which I have many of both.

Yeah, during my lifetime, I have bought MANY holsters, which ended up in drawers and boxes.

These minimalist Kydex holsters are keepers. I also really like foxtrotconcealment, but he doesn't have one for a Spectrum yet.
    AKA Phil Jungels

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    32606 times
    That photo in that auction does not look to me like it would fit a Spectrum. Not even close. Maybe I'm missing something.
    "It is wonderful, in the event of a street fight, how few bullets seem to hit the men they are aimed at." Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail, Theodore Roosevelt, 1888

Member #
    Liked
    437 times
    You are right, but I found the right photo in Google images, using "Spectrum, Outlawholsters"
    AKA Phil Jungels

Member #
    Liked
    80 times
    Quote Originally Posted by wnderr View Post
    I don't remember if the "Clinger" model is their one with a covered slide on the skin side. I know they had two different ones.

I really like Kydex for IWB concealed carry. Impervious to moisture, reasonable comfortable, tough as nails, very nice function relating to release and retention, easy to clean, and on, and on, and on. I like the minimalist ones the best...

Clinger is the brand name, while V3 Stingray is the holster model name. The Clinger website doesn't show an option for the Spectrum, but it is available should you inquire as I did (and my holster was model specific for our little .380 carry gun). This particular holster has a full sweat shield on both sides of the slide and magazine release protection, as well as options for cant, adjustable retention pressure, and ambidextrous user alternatives. The holster can be found here: https://clingerholsters.com/product/...ngray-holster/

Agreed with the features of Kydex being easy to use/maintain. I was pleasantly surprised by how little I sweat with it against my skin.

(As mentioned in my review of the Clinger V3 Stingray: I have no connection or affiliation to Clinger. I am simply a pleased customer.)

Member #
    Liked
    437 times
    Yeah, I forgot the model names on that Clinger. The price is almost as stiff as the kydex! And another $8 for shipping and tax.
    AKA Phil Jungels

Member #
    Liked
    80 times
    Quote Originally Posted by wnderr View Post
    Yeah, I forgot the model names on that Clinger. The price is almost as stiff as the kydex! And another $8 for shipping and tax.
    Yeah. Agreed.

However, at the time (shorty after the initial release from Taurus), Clinger was the only brand that I could find that carried a Kydex IWB holster specifically molded for the Spectrum. So, yes, a bit pricey but I've been happy with it. (I had previously purchased the same style holster for my PT111 G2, of which I was/am also pleased.)

Sponsored Links