Spectrum for $119.99 - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Spectrum for $119.99

Member #
    Liked
    7115 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kschilk View Post
    Does anyone know, are these things impervious to gasoline?
    That's a good question. I don't know the answer, but given that most gas cans are now fairly inexpensive plastic nowadays, I'm guessing the polymer is good enough to handle that small amount of gas now and then...but the rubber-ish inserts in the grip area, I can't say. Especially if you get a gun in a color that you don't want to fade.
    kschilk likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    3204 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BangBang View Post
    Wow, that price is right up there With the Jimenize, RG, and Davis high dollar firearms. It sure gives me confidence In that gun.

Don
    Yeah, I really don't think this pistol is making the "splash" Turi thought it would. Like I've said before, Taurus needs to dump these "flashy" little guns, and concentrate on the models that are solid, like the G2C, PT92, some of their revolver models, etc.

Taurus can make some products that compete with the best of them, but I sometimes think that the company decisions are being made by the marketing department, instead of their engineering/production department. Stupid. Gear heads need to run the show, and the marketing people are unwanted baggage.
    Are we there yet?
    USMC 83'-87'
    Indiana CCW, Utah CCW
    NRA Member

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    I am new to site - posted that and a run down on my Spectrum bought Dec 2018. Got it fixed after two trips to TAURUS (they paid shipping and fixed it).

Mine was priced at $169.99 with $35 rebate from TAURUS. I had a trade in ($75 off that for a HI-Point 380). I also paid sales tax (think on the difference, might have been on the $169.99) the difference and $10 background check (TN at Smoky Mtn Gun & AMM0).

BTW, SMG&A is in the Knifeworks Building (separate business from Knifeworks).

I would have been better with the RK $119.99 (plus other costs - there are two RKs in the area). GROAN.

Or for another source if near Knoxville or Sevierville, TN -- BUD's in Sevierville, TN has a bunch on display at $129.99 plus tax and $10 background (be about $140 total).
    kschilk likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Supporting Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    13533 times
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulTaurus View Post
    I am new to site - posted that and a run down on my Spectrum bought Dec 2018. Got it fixed after two trips to TAURUS (they paid shipping and fixed it).

Mine was priced at $169.99 with $35 rebate from TAURUS. I had a trade in ($75 off that for a HI-Point 380). I also paid sales tax (think on the difference, might have been on the $169.99) the difference and $10 background check (TN at Smoky Mtn Gun & AMM0).

I would have been better with the RK $119.99 (plus other costs - there are two RKs in the area). GROAN.

Or for another source if near Knoxville or Sevierville, TN -- BUD's in Sevierville, TN has a bunch on display at $129.99 plus tax and $10 background (be about $140 total).
    Yes, but you have yours fixed, broken in and have been enjoying it. If you had waited you would still be working through that process. Never beat yourself up over the past. Gather information, make a decision and move on.

Enablers R Us
    loudviking and Czechbikr like this.

Make America Great Again - Remove all the warning labels!
    I shoot to support my reloading habit
    Only when your house is on fire, will you have too much ammo!
    Psalms 144:1
    Never go into a fight with less ammo than you can carry - W Ward
    Lubbock 15 Sand Lake 15 & 16 Rapid City 15 - 19

Member #
    Liked
    33298 times
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulTaurus View Post

When I bought my Judge Mag, I'd been contemplating it for awhile and jumped on it when they went on sale for $100 off. Three days after I bought it......they went on sale again at the same place for another $100 off. ...poopiedust!
    loudviking likes this.
    Ammo will get you through times of no money, better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

I miss my 286.

#Neverwarren

Welfare...funding the illegal drug trade since 1935.

Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kschilk View Post
    Closest RK to me is about 50 miles, one way so I can't make it there on a weekday. After I ordered it, I got this..."Our current order processing time is 7-10 business days for items in stock at the time of purchase. Some orders may require an additional 7-10 days to process." Of course, the one I ordered isn't in stock (I don't think any of the sale guns are in stock at this store) so it could be weeks before I can claim it. PA doesn't have a waiting period so I should only have to go there once. This was the final price.........

Item Sku Qty Subtotal
    Taurus Spectrum Black/Gray .380 Auto 6rd/7rd 2.8" Pistol 1007031102 17517552 1 $119.99
    Subtotal $119.99
    Shipping & Handling $12.99
    Tax $7.20
    Grand Total $140.18
    Ordered on the 14th and got an email that it was on their truck the 20th.
    kschilk likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    33298 times
    Quote Originally Posted by deranged View Post
    Ordered on the 14th and got an email that it was on their truck the 20th.
    Ordered mine on the 15th, got this last night.

Carrier: USPS
    Info: A shipping label has been prepared for your item at 5:18 pm on August 21, 2019 in MATTOON, IL 61938. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date.

...can't wait to hear the pitter-patter of little magazines around the house again.
    jlewis39 likes this.
    Ammo will get you through times of no money, better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

I miss my 286.

#Neverwarren

Member #
    Liked
    33298 times
    Mine came in on Saturday but I prob'ly won't be able to get there to pick it up until next weekend. Not knowing what kind of new restrictions/requirements have been imposed under the recent red flag EO by party chairman wolf, I'm not really looking forward to it. Even for a gun, there's a limit to how much effort I'll put forth just to get someone to take my hard earned money. I'll have to inquire by phone before I embark on that 2 hour round trip, it just may not be worth the hassle.

I miss my 286.

#Neverwarren

Member #
    Liked
    33298 times
    Ended up with an unexpected break in my schedule today so I made the run for my gun. It was almost an hour and some change gettin' there, partly due to construction but I kept my spirits up by singin' Grand Funk, you know......"I'm getting closer to my gu-u-u-uunnn". So far, no "red flag" changes or extra bs involved in store transfers so it was all pretty painless.
    Name:  DSCF1552.JPG
Views: 27
Size:  56.6 KB

After I'd returned to work and knocked out my last appointment, I broke the gun down and was surprised to find it was really quite clean so I took a chance and ran up to my buddys range with it as-is. I ran through one of two 50rd boxes of Tulamo (last of the .380 they had left) with the only issues being two FTFs, that both lit off on the second pull. I'm attributing that to the ammo, for now. As others have said, the sights need paint. It was heavily overcast all day and right about sundown when I got there so the sights were pretty much useless. It was a good op to see if it truly was a "point and shoot" gun as many have touted it so I did......and it is.

All the stuff you hear about its great fit and feel, I can certainly vouch for. The long mag has a groove for your pinkie but even the short mag wasn't awkward or uncomfortable, as my pinkie tucked naturally and nicely under the mag. Two-handed, the short mag seemed to be more comfortable for me. I was also amazed that the recoil is less than from my li'l Stevens .25 auto. This is my first .380, never even shot one before but I expected its feet would be bigger'n that......but I'm totally okay with it. So far, I'm likin' it a bunch and it was a heckuva' deal. I can't think of anywhere I coulda' had as much fun as I did just today, for only $140.
    jlewis39 likes this.

I miss my 286.

#Neverwarren

Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Still waiting............ Called store on the 27th. Hadn't received. Called RK guns 800 number. "Well it could very well be on the truck. But you still have to allow the 7-10 days for processing................ 7-10 days from Mattoon to Mount Zion? I could WALK IT in that!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Sponsored Links