Point and shoot Spectrum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Point and shoot Spectrum

Member #
    Liked
    78 times

Point and shoot Spectrum

As some might know from reading other threads that I've contributed to, I have apparently been blessed with a fully functional Spectrum. It quickly became my chosen handgun for EDC (when possible, of course), and has been without malfunctions for the entirety of my ownership.

A few weeks back, I had the opportunity to take my Spectrum - along with a wide variety of other handguns - to a team building exercise my work unit was holding (ie - a range day at the private range of one of our physicians). Woot. Anyways, one of the attending persons happened to be a member of our local SWAT team. He put my Spectrum through its paces, and while he wasn't overly pleased with the trigger, he was pretty impressed with how accurately it shot. As I consider myself a safe amateur who shoots only for fun and personal competitiveness, it was gratifying to hear some nice things said about a gun which has experienced much turmoil and angst since its release...from someone who makes his living using weapons to ensure the safety of the public.

I just thought I'd share with the group. That is all.

Member #
    Liked
    39 times
    Have you conducted any accuracy tests from a bench rest. I have tried a verity of ammo and the best groups I get at 15 yards have been 3.5 to 4 inch size. I use a two hand hold on sand bags in an indoor range, no wind and a constant light source.
    silverstring likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    11417 times
    Hi old guy. While my Spectrum experience was not good, accuracy wise it was very good. I shot 2" groups at 7 yards off hand.
    olfarhors likes this.
    BE YOURSELF - EVERYONE ELSE IS TAKEN

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    39 times
    2" groups at 7 yards would be 4-4.5" at 15 yards but you are doing it offhand. It would be interesting to see your results from a bench rest. Unless you are a Master class bullseye shooter your groups should be much better from a bench rest.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    17016 times
    Well since the Spectrum isn't a target pistol, 4 to 4.5 inch group at 15 yards (stomach, heart, liver) would be just fine for what the intended use is.
    MOONDAWG, jlewis39 and loudviking like this.
    Children, pets, and slaves get taken care of. Free Men take care of themselves.

When Democracy turns to Tyranny

I still plan to vote.

Member #
    Liked
    27054 times
    Quote Originally Posted by CJS3 View Post
    Well since the Spectrum isn't a target pistol, 4 to 4.5 inch group at 15 yards (stomach, heart, liver) would be just fine for what the intended use is.
    indeed!
    actually regardless of pistol that size grouping in Center mass would suffice almost every time at any distance.
    if you gotta miss then miss vertically, there are all sorts of nice lil goody parts in there!
    I would note and this is just me, but I don't pull around a bench, or carry a bunch of sand bags with me when I am out and about and I find it very difficult to tote such in my pockets or holster so I don't even test from a support myself, I practice like I plan to fight, unsupported and possibly moving.
    now testing a rifle for long distance yea I use a bench or support.
    loudviking and MOONDAWG like this.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    I was surprised with my Spectrum as well. I have a G2C which has been flawless, but snatched my Spectrum up for $149 at Buds. The sights may get a little paint but I was able to hit a 12x18 target center mass easily at 10 yards.. I like its as a plinker and maybe a pocket carry.
    taurustoter likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    3441 times
    Quote Originally Posted by fitz View Post
    I was surprised with my Spectrum as well. I have a G2C which has been flawless, but snatched my Spectrum up for $149 at Buds. The sights may get a little paint but I was able to hit a 12x18 target center mass easily at 10 yards.. I like its as a plinker and maybe a pocket carry.
    Has it been reliable for you?
    Are we there yet?
    USMC 83'-87'
    Indiana CCW, Utah CCW
    NRA Member

Member #
    Liked
    1184 times
    A few drops of nail polish does wonders.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    CJS3 and william like this.
    ΥΣΜΧ SEMPER FIDELIS

60 AND COUNTING

Member #
    Liked
    39 times
    Took the gun to UPS today to ship it to Taurus. Local customer center said it had to go next day air at a cost of $89. Last I heard handguns had to go 2nd day air which cost less than half that amount. So I took the gun to Fedex and they shipped it ground for $12. Taurus would not send me a shipping label.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links