Point and shoot Spectrum - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Point and shoot Spectrum

Member #
    Liked
    39 times
    I would love to have a Ransom Rest. They are expensive and you need a different insert for each make and model of gun and they run $40 each. Then you have to mount it on a stable board which you can clamp to a shooting bench. Manageable if you have your own range but dragging all that to a range and back gets to be a lot of work. When I win the lottery I will buy a small ranch, a couple of square miles should do, and build my dream range. In the mean time I will have to settle for sand bags and the indoor range at 15 yards.
    I remember an article from decades ago when a writer put a scope on a S&W 2" 38 and was able to shoot 2-3" groups at 25 yards. The guns will shoot but the short sight radius makes it bloody hard to shoot small groups at 25 yards even off sand bags.

Member #
    Liked
    181 times
    I've been a rifle bench rest shooter most of my life, always looking for the one hole group with a 20-30 power scope, got into pistols late in life only tried a rest with one pistol ruger 22 caliber with a 4 power scope super accurate. I simply know that the majority of pistols I own will shoot better then I can so therefore I don't bother to sandbag them, that is not to say others should not if they enjoy doing so. The only true way to find the accuracy of a pistol is the Ransom rest and as old guy said it's expensive.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links