Spectrum magazine issues
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Strat-O-Cat

Thread: Spectrum magazine issues

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Spectrum magazine issues

I have about 200 rounds through my Spectrum 380 over the last 6 months. My only complaint is that the magazines will pop out after the first round is fired when I fully load the magazines. If I only put 6 rounds in the 7 round magazine or 5 rounds in the 6 round magazine it works fine. At first thought I was accidentally bumping the mag release button when firing, but I only have this issue on the first round. My brother had the same issue when he shot the gun.

Has anyone else dealt with this issue?

Member #
    Liked
    206 times
    I have not had that problem however I will tell you I tend to load one short on new magazines because the spring is far to tight with a full load. One thing you can do is load your mags to full capacity and allow them to set several days may help.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Old post, but in the manual I believe it says to load the magazines fully and let them sit for 48 hrs.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    980 times
    Are you sure the magazine is latched in good? Mine will appear to be in but I can pull it out with effort. If I hit it on the bottom, it will latch in firmly and not come out. I thought I had a problem until I smacked the bottom of the mag.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    I bought a new Spectrum at the Rural King sale took it to the Range yesterday and the magazines would release and drop down about ant eighth of an inch every shot thus stopping the gun. It happened with both magazines and i made sure they were fully seated and that I was not hitting the magazine release. I called Taurus and they are sending me a new release and spring.
    Smokewagon likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    3904 times
    Ya know, I really wanted one of these Spectrum pistols, but I just can't get my head around some of the issues. When it comes to the magazines of any pistol I own, I never have been in a habit of "topping them off", once I have chambered a round. I have had other pistol brands have issues with the magazine not seating, if I tried to top them off.
    Are we there yet?
    USMC 83'-87'
    Indiana CCW, Utah CCW
    NRA Member

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by taurustoter View Post
    Ya know, I really wanted one of these Spectrum pistols, but I just can't get my head around some of the issues. When it comes to the magazines of any pistol I own, I never have been in a habit of "topping them off", once I have chambered a round. I have had other pistol brands have issues with the magazine not seating, if I tried to top them off.

With my gun it doesn't matter if its a full mag, a half mag, or only one round in the mag you fire it and the mag drops.

Member #
    Liked
    105 times
    HMMM!!! I have had that happen on occasion (thought it was me hitting the button). Maybe not me.

Sponsored Links