Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By sigfan86

Thread: DIY-Removing grit from spectrum trigger

Member #
    Liked
    4 times

DIY-Removing grit from spectrum trigger

Hi guys & gals,
    So for my first post i figured id show how you can reduce & nearly remove the dreaded trigger grit of the spectrum.
    Legal note:
    I take no responsibility for the work you do on your firearm, and this is a DIY for the folks that want to improve their firearm on their own. If at any point you feel uncomfortable, please stop and seek assistance from a gunsmith.

This will be broken up into two posts since there are a LOT of photos & text.
    There will also be a second post indicating the additional areas that need to be worked on in the slide area, but that is for another day.
    A couple things to note if you want to take this project on:
    1. The fire control frame is anodized aluminum. YOU DO NOT WANT TO POLISH THE FRAME. If you remove the anodizing, you will have accelerated wear and eventual issues. With one caveat that ill explain later.
    2. The goal of this isnt to remove material, merely to polish areas that rub and to remove the gritty feeing you have when pulling the trigger.
    3. Keep the lower portion of the pistol on a flat level surface & i reccomend that you have a shop towel under the gun to keep the parts from bouncing onto the floor.
    After removing the slide, test the trigger pull before starting any work, this is how you can quantify the improvements on the lower half of the gun. Removing grit from the upper half is another project entirely.

First steps
    1. Ensure the firearm is unloaded & Remove the slide from the frame.
    2. Remove the takedown pin by pushing on it from the left side of the frame with your finger & simultaneously rotating counter clockwise from the right. Aka rotating the pin towards the rear of the frame. The pin will slide out from the right side of the frame.
    3. Pull up & forward on the front of the frame, while simulataneously pulling on the trigger slightly. The whole fire control unit will pop out of the plastic grip frame.
    The takedown/ slide lock spring will fall out, but thats not an issue.
    4.remove the pin holding the slide lock lever & trigger then remove the trigger bar & trigger. Set aside (pin has a dimple on one side of its face)
    5. Remove the second pin holding the trigger bar reset. Set aside. (No dimple)
    6. Clean all metal parts with gun cleaner or brake cleaner & qtips. Do not use brake clean on plastics.
    See my photos for areas that need polishing & greasing.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    1155 times
    That's excellent!
    Do you have the same thing in a G2C?

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 777Driver View Post
    That's excellent!
    Do you have the same thing in a G2C?
    Sorry, i don't own a G2C.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links