Question about overmold panel stength and slide hold open latch.
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By loudviking
  • 1 Post By jonrjen
  • 1 Post By CJS3

Thread: Question about overmold panel stength and slide hold open latch.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times

Question about overmold panel stength and slide hold open latch.

Hello! I've been very interested in getting a Taurus Spectrum however have two main questions about the firearm before I decide to purchase one. If anybody could help answer these I would appreciate it!

1) Any issues with the overmold grips detaching at the edges over time or deteriorating? I'm not sure if these are glued in place or pressed in.

2) My Taurus TCP's slide hold open latch (the piece of metal that sticks out and gets pushed up by the magazine follower on the last round) was a bit too long and would force the bullets to go around it as they got pushed up for feeding. Grinding it back fixed that issue which fixed some feeding issues. Does anybody know if the Taurus Spectrum's slide hold open does this too?

Supporting Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    7430 times
    No and No......................
    jonrjen and oldtimer like this.
    There are "four boxes" that can be employed to resist the downfall of America, the ballot box, the soap box, the jury box and, lastly, the ammo box.

Member #
    Liked
    19232 times
    Quote Originally Posted by loudviking View Post
    No and No......................
    And there you have it folks. Short answer and to the point following the KISS Principal (Keep It Short and Simple).
    cim likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    16775 times
    Both of the issues that you asked about aren't appearing in the complaint section, and I haven't seen them listed anywhere else, but that doesn't mean that over a period of years they won't turn up. I'm sure with enough hard use, seperation of the colored inserts is going to happen. It's just not an issue now, and if you have one and take care of it, it may never be an issue. The second question involves a part, slightly out of spec. It's something noticed and handled immediately by the end user, and why manufacturers have warranties. It's something that all manufacturing deals with, not just Taurus.

I've got one of the original "A" series TCPs, the one that has had the most complaints against it. It's never, not gone bang, when at the range and it gets carried often. I have complete confidence in it, and when I get my Spectrum, I'm sure that it can be trusted to fulfill the same role.
    GreenWolf70 likes this.
    Children, pets, and slaves get taken care of. Free Men take care of themselves.

When Democracy turns to Tyranny

I still plan to vote.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links