• 5 Post By old guy in texas
  • 3 Post By old guy in texas
  • 3 Post By old guy in texas

Thread: My Spectrum is back

Member #
    Liked
    59 times

My Spectrum is back

I sent my Spectrum back to Taurus on Feb 2 and got it back yesterday. One day short of 7 weeks. I sent it back for the slide locking back on every shot. They replaced the slide lock spring. They say they fired 13 rounds of Gold Dot to check it. I sent it dead clean and there is firing residue in the barrel and on the breach face. I did not get a free mag as some others said they did. The recoil spring was not replaced as some others said happened to them. The web site still shows work complete but not shipped. They are a bit slow in their updates.
    I will give it a complete clean and lube and take it to the indoor range sometime this week. I have four types of ammo to check for function and accuracy. The 30 rounds I fired before it broke functioned perfectly. Hopefully things will go better this time and I will get some good test results.
    Mark40, darbo, GhostHorse and 2 others like this.

Member #
    Liked
    5112 times
    Good luck, hopefully they've got it right for you.

Member #
    Liked
    20631 times
    Glad you got your pistol back. I hope it works perfectly for you.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    34927 times
    Please continue with the updates!
    "It is wonderful, in the event of a street fight, how few bullets seem to hit the men they are aimed at." Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail, Theodore Roosevelt, 1888

Member #
    Liked
    59 times
    Well I finally made it to the range. Long story, short version 104 rounds of five types of ammo fired, no malfunctions. For those of you with long attention spans the details are as follows. Ammo used Precision One 90gr XTP bullet, Hornaday American Gunner 90gr XTP bullet, Winchester Ranger T 95gr, Winchester White Box 95gr, my reload Remington 95gr JHP three gr Bullseye Wincherter primer. Fired cases-all but P1 showed good deep primer dents, P1 had shallow dents but all fired. I suspect hard primers are used by P1, could be CCI primers they are known to be very hard. I measured my firing pin protrusion and it is .043. The protrusion on my Kahr P380 is .060, a lot better primer strike. The firing pin hole in the breech face shows very little counter sink. The primers showed only the smallest amount of set back around the firing pin dent.
    Since Taurus uses the same mag spring in both the 6 and 7 round mags I put a Kahr 7 round spring in the 7 round mag. It is longer than the Taurus spring and worked fine.
    Targeting- I check point of aim vs point of impact at 3,7 and 15 yards. At 3 yds dead on. At 7 yds an inch high and a half inch left. AT 15 yds 10 round groups were from 2.5 inch to 3.25 inch high and 1.25 to 1.75 inch left. P1 ammo was the exception. It shot a 3 inch group 2.5 high and 1 inch right of POA.
    Trigger-sucks. I will have to sand down the tip of the trigger. After 104 rounds my finger hurt like hell. The trigger is smooth until the last 1/32 of an inch then it stacks badly. Pull goes from 7 to 12 pounds. A little stacking can be good making a DAO trigger feel like a single action but 12 pounds is too much.
    Jake3501, Lefty_Red and darbo like this.

Member #
    Liked
    87 times
    Has. I doubt Taurus would take care you!
    Glad you was able to get out and shoot and confirm it.

Could the shift of the point of impact be due to you curling the trigger too much? I know I have that problem, especially with small pistols and crappy triggers. I try to shoot them like a revolver and it make the pistol shot to the left.

Lefty
    I’ll be needing that for squirrels and such........

Member #
    Liked
    59 times
    Yes my finger curls through the trigger due to the small size of the gun. I had the same problem with my Kahr P380. I solved the problem by putting a1/4" pad on the face of the trigger to increase the trigger reach. I will have to do the same with the Spectrum.

Sponsored Links