Taurus Spectrum Torch review - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Taurus Spectrum Torch review

Member #
    Liked
    2450 times
    Great review, but it's disappointing to say the least to hear that even after all this time Taurus STILL hasn't fixed the problem with light primer strikes.

I haven't been following the production very closely at all since launch because in all the time it took for them to get the Spectrum on store shelves, I lost interest and decided to just stick with my PPK/S, and any interest I had in the pistol drifted away after hearing all the reports of light primer strikes. Still, I expected that they would have diagnosed the cause and issued a recall by now.

It's a shame too, because recent pricing of the Spectrum has been tempting, and eventually I would like to replace my PPK/S simply because I've grown too fond of it for my own good, so now I fear the potential occurrence in which I may lose it in self-defense to an evidence locker, regardless of how unlikely that may be. Oh well, the Bersa Thunder is about the same price as the Taurus Spectrum and has more in common with the PPK/S anyway.
    silverstring likes this.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    47774 times
    Thanks for the review
    silverstring likes this.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

The 2nd amendment is not about hunting or shooting sports, it is about the citizens of this country having the means to protect themselves and the states from the tyranny, oppression, and misery of an over powering government. Modern rifles are a means for the citizens to stand up to an over powering government.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    12722 times
    Update: After two trips back to Taurus , at this time I can not give the Spectrum a passing review. They fixed the light strikes by over springing the pistol. It is almost impossible to maintain now, the extra strength and length recoil spring they installed is near impossible to reinstall after maintenance. The extra length extractor spring is showing two full coils outside the slide. Also after two requests to fix the issue with being unable to strip the pistol without pulling the trigger, still have to pull the trigger or whack the rear of the slide with a handle. They replaced multiple parts twice, which means to me they simply do not have a handle on why some of their slides are out of tolerance. So far two new strikers, two new striker blocks, two new recoil springs etc.. I sold the gun to a gunsmith for $50 to let him try and figure out how to get Taurus to fix correctly. With this debacle and the new PT1911 commander having to spend 12 weeks in Brazil to fix its issues. I am staying away from Taurus sliders. Also had a new Judge with barrel alignment issues, which went back as well, and took almost 3 months to get back. I hope the new US factory comes online soon, maybe that will help the inconsistent quality.
    olfarhors likes this.
    BE YOURSELF - EVERYONE ELSE IS TAKEN

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1795 times
    Quote Originally Posted by silverstring View Post
    Update: After two trips back to Taurus , at this time I can not give the Spectrum a passing review. They fixed the light strikes by over springing the pistol. It is almost impossible to maintain now, the extra strength and length recoil spring they installed is near impossible to reinstall after maintenance. The extra length extractor spring is showing two full coils outside the slide. Also after two requests to fix the issue with being unable to strip the pistol without pulling the trigger, still have to pull the trigger or whack the rear of the slide with a handle. They replaced multiple parts twice, which means to me they simply do not have a handle on why some of their slides are out of tolerance. So far two new strikers, two new striker blocks, two new recoil springs etc.. I sold the gun to a gunsmith for $50 to let him try and figure out how to get Taurus to fix correctly. With this debacle and the new PT1911 commander having to spend 12 weeks in Brazil to fix its issues. I am staying away from Taurus sliders. Also had a new Judge with barrel alignment issues, which went back as well, and took almost 3 months to get back. I hope the new US factory comes online soon, maybe that will help the inconsistent quality.

Sent from my P00C using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    115 times
    There’s probably a good reason why most micro 380s are hammer fired. The Diamondback 380 is also prone to light strikes and is striker fired.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    silverstring likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links