Make your Taurus more accurate? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Make your Taurus more accurate?

Member #
    Liked
    151 times
    I apologize for my oversite. When I first saw it , it was in the Smithing forum and I didn't under stand the Moderators comment.
    Ammo mfr told me to Aim Once, Shoot Twice... Now they are saying "just aim" and pretend to shoot.
    To learn to swim, you first must get your feet wet...

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rodfair View Post
    Yes! You did miss something! This was originally placed in the "Problems Forum" and was moved by a MOD.
    Then you missed this!:

"Always a good idea to read carefully before you type. Google is the "Websters" of the new millenia. Carry on..... "

AND MrArff, I strongly suggest you show a little bit more respect to the Mods.
    Alright already, I posted in the wrong forum.... I admit it... mea culpa,mea maxis culpa. I doubt that I would bash a Taurus because I own five Taurus revolvers. And Love them all, and shoot them often. I'm not a gunsmith, ex military,or liberal. I do have a passion for all things mechanical.(I received my Briggs and Stratton factory certification at age 14. for those lay persons in short it means I did ground up rebuilds on lawnmower engines before I could drive) I've polished all of my wheel guns trigger parts including the insides of the frames(with jewlers rouge), and changed hammer springs in them all. They all shoot, and shoot very well. I can take criticism very well if and when it is warranted. That being said, I did not think I was being dissrepsectful. However,it seems that I was, and for that I am heartily sorrowfull. Also at my age and in my profession of 25 years I've dealt with all personality types and I don't have difficulties in knowing what makes certian people "tick". I simply wanted to share knowledge with people who are interested in learning something they didn't know. Knowledge is power,the more you have the better off you are. The less you have, the more it shows. Carry On!
    Last edited by MrArff; 03-04-2013 at 02:25 PM.
    dogchild likes this.
    Try to take it and die

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    7198 times
    I moved the thread from the Taurus Suggestion Box forum which is meant for suggestions for Taurus the manufacturer to consider. It is not directly linked to Taurus and is not guaranteed that Taurus will even notice the comments, but it is there just in case. Mostly as a place to suggest what we would like Taurus to consider doing as a manufacturer.

Since bore lapping is mostly an after the purchase gunsmithing procedure, I moved it here to Smithing. Miss Kitty had posted in the thread prior to the move, as already stated.
    NRA Life Member

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    34 times
    The only thing that would make my Taurus's more accurate would be a new set of eyes for these 69 year old ones
    rodfair, NotsoWildBill and Sekol like this.
    "The reason I carry a gun is because I can't throw a rock at 1155 fps"

Member #
    Liked
    21753 times
    Lapping may be a decent idea depending on your intimate knowldge of a specific firearm. Yes, you can over tweak and modify any mechanical device to improve it's individual performance however what may have been accomplished here was for everybody to get upset for various points while neglecting the initial, idea of contributing to other Taurus owners. Ponder these two points.. Can a 1911 be made to be accurate at 150 yards? and Why WOULD you? The answers are as follows:
    Yea, you can add in a custom 16+" barrel, mate everything to extremely precise tolerences, custom machine the ammo, refine and perfect the fire control group, shoot it from a rigid bench rest, etc. So yes it CAN be done. Probably not in 45ACP, but in 38 super, I can see it. now on to the second point
    Why would you? Because you have a need or desire to have that level of performance out of a 1911.
    We hear of people polishing feed ramps, honing fire control groups, replacing parts, minimizing gaps for the desire to get a firearm to perform better. we hear 10 times as many horrific dremel accidents, dangerous firearms failures and injurous results. People replace sights, grips and choice of rounds. We hear of reloaders trying to make their own personal Pet rounds. We do these things again to improve what we have. This is exactly how innovation happens. I do not believe MrArff's comments were bashing or malicious in intent. I saw them more along the lines of " Hey guys, if you're bored and want to try to improve your revolver's performance, try this. I've done it and it does seem to work.". The Original Forum was suggestion box. As a newbie to the forum, that may have seemed like the best place to post about a suggestion to other Taurus owners.

ORRRRR, am I reading this thread wrong?
    dogchild likes this.
    PT1911 - 45ACP, Pietta 1873 SAA - 45LC, PT709SS slim, Heritage RR 6.5" 22LR/Mag dual cylinders
    1939 Tula 91/30 Nugget, Evil Copper and Black Rifle, Savage B-Mag in 17WSM
    Mossberg 535 12ga
    GPS Coordinates to lake where they all reside. Always wear your life vests kids. Boating accidents DO happen.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    7198 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Peacemakr40 View Post
    The Original Forum was suggestion box. As a newbie to the forum, that may have seemed like the best place to post about a suggestion to other Taurus owners.

ORRRRR, am I reading this thread wrong?
    The Taurus Suggestion Box can best be summed up like this. - "Consider this section as a place for "Imagineering"! Tell the staff and your fellow members what you would like to see Taurus make, redesign, add to, expand or improve. Who knows, maybe someone at Taurus will read your suggestion and like it?" - from https://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/ta...uidelines.html

The ideas presented within Taurus Suggestion Box are a wishlist of suggestions from members to Taurus, not member to member. We have different forum sections throughout Taurus Armed that are for member to member communications. Bore lapping is not something high volume manufacturers are likely to include in their manufacturing process, but it is an after the purchase gunsmithing procedure.
    NRA Life Member

Member #
    Liked
    2113 times

Re: Make your Taurus more accurate?

I have to admit, I was offended by the OPs response to MissKitty, whether it was intended or not.

And I'm sorry but I just had to put it out there.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanks to all the Trump voters, we may have just started the country's reversal!

Lifetime NRA Member

Member #
    Liked
    361 times
    I find that cleaning and oil my PT145 after I have been shooting it (no matter how many rounds), works best for me with no fouling.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    20630 times
    I've never found it necessary in any of my Taurus Handguns or any others, for that matter.

Not to say that there are not SOME Firearms that MIGHT benefit from it, but I think the cases that might, are extremely rare.
    "Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Member #
    Liked
    3203 times
    i saw a kit for this being sold at gun shows for this about 3 years ago it was marketed as a solution to reduce cleanig and add accuracy not an exspert on guns but been making custom knives for years used a lot of compoundsa and finish material up to 3 micron r around 2500 grit issues. with things done buy hand are that your cant controll amnt of metal removed in an area if you want some thing like this done i would recommend take to guns mith with lathe due to build up in compounds you can just as easly add scratches to your barrel i can tell you from exspereince jusr 1 grain of sand or loose peice of steel cann create a good sctrach that takes alot to get rid of if not ruin the barrel l guess what i am trying to say is you could mess up alot for minimal reward but this is the smithing section and thats where you thow it against the wall and see what sticks and works p
    jhp
    Last edited by JHPRICE; 03-31-2013 at 09:21 AM. Reason: spelling
    rodfair likes this.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links