PT92 locking block plunger has escaped
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: PT92 locking block plunger has escaped

Member #
    Liked
    28 times

PT92 locking block plunger has escaped

I recently purchased a used PT92. It's my first handgun so there is a learning curve, though I did manage to bang together an AR lower with the help of a picture book, so I am educable if taught at the preschool level. Here is my issue: It looks like the locking block plunger is supposed to be held in the locking block by the plunger pin. Mine is not. It rattles back and forth, and when the gun is disassembled, it tends to fall out. I think the pin is in there, but I can't tell if it broke, or if there's something wrong with plunger.

1. Is this something I can fix myself with common tools? Assuming I can find the parts, it looks like it would be fairly easy to replace the plunger and plunger pin. But looks can be deceiving.

2. Is the gun unsafe or otherwise a no-go in its current state? I haven't had a chance to fire it.

I like it, and can't wait for the 3 days of winter we get here in the South so I can try to conceal it. Hopefully the rattling bits will all be fixed by then.
    DeltaBravoKS likes this.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    12681 times
    I had same issue on an old pt92 CS I bought, I just found a small roll pin and drove it in. I have lots of roll pins bought from Harbor freight. Or just go to a local HW store and size one. Oh and welcome aboard.
    jwc007 likes this.
    BE YOURSELF - EVERYONE ELSE IS TAKEN

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    46698 times
    Welcome to the forum from Northern Illinois! Love the PT92 AFS in my stable. I wouldn't shoot it if the locking block is loose. I will look at mine in a bit and take a pic. I had my locking block crack and lock up the slide tight. Had to send it to Taurus and six weeks later got it back with a new barrel. I suspect that they had to cut the old one out to free up the action.

I have also read that Beretta 92 parts can interchange. Someone will be along to talk about that I am sure.

I am going to shift your thread over to Gunsmithing to attract more attention. Stop by the Member Intro thread to say hi!
    Last edited by Czechbikr; 07-27-2020 at 08:49 AM.
    jwc007 likes this.
    “Historically, freedom is a rare and fragile thing . . . Freedom has cost the blood of millions in obscure places and in historic sites ranging from Gettysburg to the Gulag Archipelago . . .That something that cost so much in human lives should be surrendered piecemeal in exchange for visions and rhetoric seems grotesque. Freedom is not simply the right of intellectuals to circulate their merchandise. It is, above all, the right of ordinary people to find elbow room for themselves and a refuge from the rampaging presumptions of their ‘betters’.” Thomas Sowell

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    5406 times
    This is what you are looking for.
    https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1019282065?pid=874241
    All those parts are interchangeable with Taurus models 92, 99, 100, and 101.
    Shooter9mm likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Thanks for the replies. I'll update the thread once I've got everything sorted.
    Czechbikr likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2495 times
    Welcome to the forum from Northern Oklahoma.
    Adam blamed Eve, Eve blamed the snake, The snake didn't have a leg to stand on.

Opportunity may knock ounce, but temptation leans on the doorbell.

Member #
    Liked
    136 times
    Welcome.
    Here's a chart of parts that interchange between Taurus 92 and Beretta 92.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Czechbikr and jwc007 like this.
    Just an old guy who has enjoyed fast cars and guns since I was about 12 years of age.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    46698 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Shooter9mm View Post
    Welcome.
    Thanks for posting! That is one of the best reasons to choose a Taurus PT 92 (besides the frame mounted safety!)
    Shooter9mm likes this.
    “Historically, freedom is a rare and fragile thing . . . Freedom has cost the blood of millions in obscure places and in historic sites ranging from Gettysburg to the Gulag Archipelago . . .That something that cost so much in human lives should be surrendered piecemeal in exchange for visions and rhetoric seems grotesque. Freedom is not simply the right of intellectuals to circulate their merchandise. It is, above all, the right of ordinary people to find elbow room for themselves and a refuge from the rampaging presumptions of their ‘betters’.” Thomas Sowell

Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Shooter9mm View Post
    Welcome.
    Thanks. There's a sticky thread that purports to have such a list here, but it's pretty old and the links are dead. I'd like to clean this PDF up a little for presentation and size; maybe once that's done, a mod could drop it in the sticky post so it's more readily available?

There is also a reference to an appendix that seem to have been separated from the body of the document. Do you have that?

Member #
    Liked
    136 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Czechbikr View Post
    Thanks for posting! That is one of the best reasons to choose a Taurus PT 92 (besides the frame mounted safety!)
    I can't take the credit. I copied the three segments of the chart from other posts here on the forum. All I did was save them in one file for use because I can never remember where the original thread is located. LOL
    Czechbikr and jwc007 like this.
    Just an old guy who has enjoyed fast cars and guns since I was about 12 years of age.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links