PT92 locking block plunger has escaped - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: PT92 locking block plunger has escaped

Member #
    Liked
    137 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Porsis View Post
    Thanks. There's a sticky thread that purports to have such a list here, but it's pretty old and the links are dead. I'd like to clean this PDF up a little for presentation and size; maybe once that's done, a mod could drop it in the sticky post so it's more readily available?

There is also a reference to an appendix that seem to have been separated from the body of the document. Do you have that?
    No, sorry I don't have the appendix. The elements that make up the .pdf are in a thread somewhere here on the forum but I can never find it easily so I copied the posts into Word and saved them in .pdf format. I have the Word doc if you think that would be easier to clean up for publication.

ETA: Found the original post of that chart. It is post #56 in this sticky thread:
    https://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/p...-v2-0-a-2.html
    Last edited by Shooter9mm; 07-28-2020 at 07:57 PM.
    Czechbikr likes this.
    Just an old guy who has enjoyed fast cars and guns since I was about 12 years of age.

Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    I got my hands on a Beretta locking block kit (LE9202), one without the spring since my spring seems fine. After disassembling the existing locking block, I discovered someone had inserted the plunger with the wrong orientation and deformed the pin that's supposed to hold it in place. The pin had a slightly bow-like shape, and I could see a shiny spot on the concave surface where the plunger had rubbed against it. I could also see two grooves worn into the plunger where it rubbed against the pin, showing it had been taken out and replaced in a slightly different, but still wrong, orientation. Eventually, the pin became so bent that it could not hold the plunger in place in any orientation. It might have been possible to straighten the pin out and reassemble the existing locking block, but I decided to install the new one and keep the old parts as spares.

It took about 15 minutes to swap the offending parts out for the Beretta kit. Tools required: Hammer, 1/16" punch, and a bit of common sense. I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, because I am still embroiled in the magazine catch assembly saga.

I have started converting the compatibility list to a spreadsheet so it can be searched, edited, and output into other formats. Unfortunately, life is full of distractions, and I have to prioritize the distractions sent to me by my employer. But I haven't forgotten it.
    Shooter9mm likes this.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    46731 times
    Good work! Thanks for the update!
    “Historically, freedom is a rare and fragile thing . . . Freedom has cost the blood of millions in obscure places and in historic sites ranging from Gettysburg to the Gulag Archipelago . . .That something that cost so much in human lives should be surrendered piecemeal in exchange for visions and rhetoric seems grotesque. Freedom is not simply the right of intellectuals to circulate their merchandise. It is, above all, the right of ordinary people to find elbow room for themselves and a refuge from the rampaging presumptions of their ‘betters’.” Thomas Sowell

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    137 times
    @Porsis, were you ever able to find the time to complete the compatibility spreadsheet?
    Thanks!
    Just an old guy who has enjoyed fast cars and guns since I was about 12 years of age.

Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    It's still one of numerous tabs I have open.
    Shooter9mm likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    @Porsis I'm not sure you should shoot that using the part number you listed. I was recently doing research on locking block kits as I acquired a threaded barrel. My research led me to believe there are 2 kits from Beretta. LE9202, and LE9201. The former, the one you mentioned, is for compact or 4.7" barrels. While the latter, the one jeeper linked, is for full size 4.9" barrels. I honestly don't know if there is any differnce in size/length of block and plunger as I opted to go with a used set I found. You might contact Berreta directly to inquire about any differences prior to firing.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk
    Last edited by nwfdub; 09-20-2020 at 06:35 AM.
    Czechbikr likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    7214 times
    Welcome from South Texas.

Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Midwest gun works has the latest gen locking block. gen2 or 3 can't remember.
    Beretta and Taurus use the same block.
    Have had them in my 92's for several years with no problems.

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    I had the smae issue when I bought one, I was wondering how to fix it too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links