How long to wait for Taurus parts?
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By DWARREN123
  • 1 Post By dwhite
  • 2 Post By Doctordeere

Thread: How long to wait for Taurus parts?

Member #
    Liked
    11 times

How long to wait for Taurus parts?

Hi all, I had some issues with a 856 which I had to contact Taurus about. Basically the cylinder lock would drop inside the frame and not come back out whenever I cocked the hammer back into single action mode. It meant the cylinder was free to rotate. After no luck in calling or emailing Taurus I managed to get ahold of them in their chat. They said they would send a new Spring/plunger that is supposed to prop the cylinder lock up out of the frame. Anyways, that was 4 weeks ago going on 5 now and I’m still waiting.

How long do you guys typically wait for parts? I’m half thinking after reading some much older posts that I won’t see the part for 6 months from now. Or they just forgot about me. I’ll probably try to get ahold of them again but I was just curious what most people had experienced.

My only experience with direct dealings with firearms companies is limited to 2 occasions. One was with smith and Wesson and the part they sent arrived in a week.

A different occasion I had to send in a firearm to Bersa for repairs and they sent me a new firearm in about a week and a half.

Member #
    Liked
    312 times
    Something like this should take no longer than 5 working days.
    Taurus is really slow on their CS.
    Desperado likes this.
    Shut up and reload!

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    3632 times
    The only time I've ordered from Taurus (probably about a year ago) I received my parts in about a week. Of course, they were in stock at the time and I actually talked to someone because they could not take payment over the chat session. However, I did set up the order over chat and received an order number, so when I called in to pay, they knew of what I was referring.

Did you get an order number? If so, I'd go back on to chat and check on that order. It is possible they don't even have the parts and they will send them whenever they are made and shipped in from Brazil. If you didn't get an order number, I'd cancel the payment and place a new order (making sure to get an order number).

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    5762 times
    Name:  Waiting.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  82.6 KB
    Desperado likes this.
    __________________________________________________ __________
    The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual
    rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand

Member #
    Liked
    23200 times
    Well they are normally all over the map. I've gotten stuff in a week at times. Other times months. But right now there's been this virus thing going around (maybe you heard about it?) and it seems like a lot of companies are slower than usual. So it's hard to predict what's happening today based on the past. But the past wasn't that good so...
    Definition of clip

1: any of various devices that grip, clasp, or hook
    2: a device to hold cartridges for charging the magazines of some rifles; also : a magazine from which ammunition is fed into the chamber of a firearm.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/clip

Member #
    Liked
    2463 times
    Your grandchildren will receive a mysterious package one day...
    fsimpson and Desperado like this.
    "Never underestimate the power of stupid."

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    You guys are hilarious! Thanks. I chatted with Taurus today. They said the part is on its way. Should take 7-10 business days. They said they’ve had several delays. I can’t wait. I hope it’s the fix that I need. Otherwise, I might have to send the gun in for repairs which I really don’t want to do.

Sponsored Links