How long to wait for Taurus parts? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: How long to wait for Taurus parts?

Member #
    Liked
    28226 times
    Yea, my EXPERIENCE with Taurus repair/customer service was well before any of the mentioned REASONS, can't say as to what happens now as I have chosen NOT to buy a Ticket on the carnival ride after my past with Taurus for quite some time now.
    but those that have not had problems I am glad to hear that, firearms should be fun not a PITA to own..
    oso, Desperado, fsimpson and 2 others like this.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

oso
    Member #
    Liked
    1857 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick 76 View Post
    Hey all, just an update. It’s been 10 weeks since they said they would ship that one part to me. After waiting 4 weeks I contacted them to inquire, to which they said it would take about 7 to 10 days. That was 6 weeks ago. I’ll try to contact them again tomorrow, but getting worried.

Despite all the coronavirus stuff going on I might be moving in about 2 months. I would hate to move and it arrive sometime this Fall to the new home owners.

Is there any business you all know that sells Taurus 856 parts? I seriously doubt the part I am waiting for costs more than 10 bucks if that. And there’s no guarantee that its the right part to fix the issue. I sure hope it is as I wouldn’t want to weight another 10+ weeks to try a new fix.

You know you could always throw the gun in as part of the deal to close on the sale, then when the part arrives in the future someone will have a working firearm.
    DeltaBravoKS likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Desperado- thanks. I checked out the site you suggested. It looks like they normally have the part for the model 85 and 605 but it’s sold out right now. Actually cruising through their site, it looks like a most of the Taurus revolver parts are sold out. I hope they restock them soon. As I suspected, the part I need is about $5. It’s a lot of effort for a $5 part.

I can’t get over how unprofessional Taurus has been. Looking at other folks posts and experiences, it’s ridiculous. I don’t know of a single other company or distributor who would make it this hard or take this long. If they don’t want their parts floating around so third party companies can sell them, then they owe it to their customers to provide top notch service. Nothing in this day and age should take this long, virus or not. You can’t purposely keep parts out of circulation from retailers, and simultaneously ignore service and parts requests from customers and expect to survive as a company. Maybe they expect Taurus is too big to fail, but it’s a great recipe for going out of business.

Right now I’m imagining they have 1 guy responsible for getting parts out of the bin packing them and shipping them, but he only works on Tuesday afternoons, spends most of those afternoons hanging around the break room enjoying coffee and chatting with other employees, but has been calling off sick lately. Maybe on any given week he gets like 1 good hour of work done.

Sorry all. Just frustrated.
    Desperado and Taurus1965 like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1819 times
    Taurus models their business like auto dealerships. Once they sell their product to you they push you to the side and wash their hands. They will continue to sell guns because they are inexpensive and very appealing to new gun buyers.
    Desperado and DeltaBravoKS like this.

Member #
    Liked
    5117 times
    We all understand your frustration Rick. Those of us that have been around for any length of time are use to seeing posts expressing such frustration and anger over Taurus's lack of customer service in suppling parts, service, replacement firearms and in giving customers outright misleading information. Taurus USA has a new CEO that has acknowledged these issues and has made it a priority to fix it. The Taurus USA CEO is subordinate to Taurus management in Brazil and with most parts made and shipped from Brazil it will be a difficult goal to meet. Only time will tell.

Taurus's unlimited warrantee sounds great and their low priced goods are attractive to buyers. When their firearms work, they are a great bargains. But when you need parts or service, you're rolling the dice at a crap table with hopes of getting what you need in a reasonable time.

In the meantime, Good luck in your quest for that elusive replacement part.
    Last edited by Bruntson; 06-28-2020 at 01:36 PM.
    Taurus1965, oso and olfarhors like this.

Member #
    Liked
    8374 times
    Your welcome, Rick. I understand the frustration in dealing with Taurus Customer Service over a simple part that should be in inventory and shipped out to you within a week or two. Spend money shipping a firearm back to the mothership, and 3 months later getting that same firearm back 'supposedly' repaired, and find they did a mediocre job, at best, along with packing what I could only call 'monkey snot' in the trigger assembly and around the firearm for protection, and you will understand my feelings toward Taurus Customer Service.

Down to one Taurus firearm, a 605, and that is it. I got it in a trade, and if it did not fit a niche, I would not of accepted it in trade. BELIEVE ME, I inspected it with a fine tooth comb before I did accept it.
    Electing Joe Biden as President will be similar to going bear hunting at night with just a pair of chop sticks and a lit candle. You know it is a bad idea from the outset, you can not defend yourself, you are ill prepared for what can and maybe will happen, and you question why you even thought it would be a good idea in the first place.

Member #
    Liked
    2045 times
    I haven't ordered anything from them in a couple of years but when I did i always got my parts in a timely manner, all these customer service problems I've been reading about is making me think twice about purchasing another Taurus. I'm not a very patient person when I have to wait on parts. I understand that under our current situation a couple of extra days may be in order but some of the time frames I've read about is downright criminal.it's hard to hold their feet to the fire when they won't answer the phone
    Taurus will have to do better before I buy another. I own four and yet i have not needed to send one back to the mothership. Someone needs to get a handle on this problem
    Taurus PT 840 /Williams Adj, Sites/ 70969
    Taurus PT 92/ AF
    U S Army 73-75 Spec. 4

Member #
    Liked
    539 times
    Eh Guess I am lucky only had to deal with Taurus few occasions, of course I do a ton of cross reference, revolvers pretty much cross over Charter/Smith/Wesson/Taurus/Ruger parts can be interchangeable or modified for fit yes it is a PIA checking looking and searching. But beats waiting
    Taurus is as any other if I maintain Taurus My Taurus will take care of me

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    18024 times
    I'm kinda surprised they would send you an internal part instead of insisting you send in the revolver, for them to replace the part themselves. Did you get your 856 with the one year warranty or the "new" lifetime warranty?
    Children, pets, and slaves get taken care of. Free Men take care of themselves.

When Democracy turns to Tyranny

I still plan to vote.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links