Taurus 82 issues
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times

Taurus 82 issues

Taurus 82, 4” barrel, not sure of age. Good shooter with heavy double action trigger. Decent single action trigger. Sometimes, when pulling the hammer back for single action shooting, the hammer will jam and the cylinder will fail to fully rotate. Sometimes a slight bump with the palm of my hand on the cylinder will free things up, other times I have to open the cylinder and close again. Any suggestions?

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    47517 times
    Make sure the ejection rod is screwed in tight.
    Make sure under the extraction star is clean. 1 Grain of unburnt powder can make a big difference.
    After that take the side panel off and flush the inside out with a good cleaner.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

The 2nd amendment is not about hunting or shooting sports, it is about the citizens of this country having the means to protect themselves and the states from the tyranny, oppression, and misery of an over powering government. Modern rifles are a means for the citizens to stand up to an over powering government.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Firearm is quite clean, inside and out. Has also been properly lubricated. I removed a small burr on the hand plunger, right where the bottom of the hand rises, thinking that might be the source of my problem but I’m still having the same issue. I also replaced the trigger spring and pin.

Sponsored Links