Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By jonrjen
  • 1 Post By Andrsitopt92

Thread: Pt101 hammer not staying cocked after firing

Member #
    Liked
    10 times

Pt101 hammer not staying cocked after firing

Well today I decided to completely strip my pr101 for a detailed cleaning, I managed to strip away all the controls except for the hammer grouping, after putting all parts together I went to test fire to make sure everything is good and notice that the hammer won’t stay cocked after firing, also noticed that when the gun is cleared and I push down the slide release the slide closes and the hammer drops as well, I don’t know if I messed something up or a sear is not properly put in place. Any help from you guys would help! As of right now the gun only fires double action.

Member #
    Liked
    20215 times
    Did you reassemble it by memory or were you following a video? I ask only because I had that issue a few years back. Sorry to say I don't recall exactly what the issue was.
    What I did was go to youtube, and follow a video to take the pistol back down and followed the video to reassemble it. There is a great 2 part video that is an easy follow.

I also had the advantage of having another PT100 laying on the table to use as a guide.

Don't look at it as a problem, look at is as more of a jigsaw puzzle and find the right piece for the proper fit.

Good Luck,
    loudviking and william like this.

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jonrjen View Post
    Did you reassemble it by memory or were you following a video? I ask only because I had that issue a few years back. Sorry to say I don't recall exactly what the issue was.
    What I did was go to youtube, and follow a video to take the pistol back down and followed the video to reassemble it. There is a great 2 part video that is an easy follow.

I also had the advantage of having another PT100 laying on the table to use as a guide.

Don't look at it as a problem, look at is as more of a jigsaw puzzle and find the right piece for the proper fit.

Good Luck,
    I did watched like a 2 hour video and also used my pt92 to compare one another, and you are right it is like a jigsaw puzzle very complex one though! Lol
    jonrjen likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    20215 times
    The videos that helped me were a separate part 1 and part 2, neither of which was over 30 minutes each as I recall. I'll take a look here shortly and see if I can relocate them.

Member #
    Liked
    20215 times
    OK, I looked and looked and can not locate the video that I used. The one thing that comes to mind is did the de-cocker assembly get reinstalled correctly, are all of the springs in place?

It's been a crazy day around here, sorry for not getting back to you sooner. I am of course assuming that you have a model with the decocker/safety.

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jonrjen View Post
    OK, I looked and looked and can not locate the video that I used. The one thing that comes to mind is did the de-cocker assembly get reinstalled correctly, are all of the springs in place?

It's been a crazy day around here, sorry for not getting back to you sooner. I am of course assuming that you have a model with the decocker/safety.
    Yes I do have the model with decocker/safety.
    And I really never got to strip the decocker/safety lever. I also did not strip down the hammer group. It was mainly the slide bar, the trigger and the hammer sear.

oso
    Member #
    Liked
    1938 times
    This really isn't a product problem, should be in the Smithing section

Member #
    Liked
    3399 times
    Check to make sure the sear spring and disconnector are right. They may not be engaging because a spring is in wrong.

Maloy

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links